ONKYO 3300 only for 20K (Group buy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have asked for basic documents and precautions, i do not know how this becomes humiliating questions. It is a open knowledge that it is difficult to negotiate in real world so what is the point? From where do you assume that there is criticism, i am just pointing out the hard facts. This is very interesting that one should not have the right to repeatedly post, while the other guy can keep writing, what i have done basically is to reply his writing, so who is shallow, me, he or someone else?

Indeed a over dose of risk management may not be very good, but to ask for basic information and related is no over dose by any standards whatsoever. I did not ask for cheaper, he offered, i showed interest with looking for basic precautions, is that too much?

There was nothing like throwing negative scenarios, it was pure reality which keeps happening all the time, why are you'll having so much of a problem with my sitting in front of a monitor. Where is the question of meeting, till the basic requirement is not being well answered, what are we talking? I asked for a proforma invoice, is that not validating? By the way now how does one validate the new story that he would have tried for the original bill.

Do you really think you will get kidnapped?

Well i agree with you that one should care a damn if someone gets offended. :rolleyes:

V.

I am one of the members of the forum who has been following this thread very closely, hoping for its success.

Key take aways for me (and this is not for anyone else - I am just sharing in open forum in a think aloud mode)

- There was a great deal struck and as rightly would have happened, dealers would want to protect their interest and went ahead and did something that was best in their interest - I am a salaried professional, and will not call a dearler/vendor a cheat if he is trying to protect his profit - thats his share of the moolah - he hires people, runs a brick and mortar store and would love to afford goods for himself as others here want Electronic gadgets for themselves. In future, I would refrain to put the price in a thread title to make it glaringly visible to everyone.

- There is no match for Hardwork and Tons of thanks to Nikhil for doing that. It pains me to see a fellow Forum member being subjected to what I personally will refer to as humiliating questions on integrity. Its easier to type in thousands of post but very difficult to negotiate in a real world. Construct before you criticize or even analyse so deep. No one should have right to repeatedly keep on posting - it reflects shallowness on my part - if I will do it.

- Risk Management - I am an ardent fan of this and have seen real world projects fall flat with an overdose of it. You take calculated risks if you want something better - a better price was the case here. The system is available in Pune, Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai - I will go and buy it at 25 - 27K in a complete risk managed manner. If I want it cheaper, I should be ready to take the risk - A group of us completed a successful group buy of the same system and had shared all required details - billing name, address, contact details and even advance payments to an account (indicated as dealer's account) - infact for us, one of the brave members went ahead and made the advance payment on behalf of all - I believe trust is what got us our systems - and I think I will need some amount of trust, If I am not negotiating or spearheading the deal to make a group buy happen. To end for me Risk Management is not throwing all the negative scenarios of cheque trading and every possible bit in the world sitting on my seat in front of a monitor, but meeting, calling and validating the information being dished to me. In pure sense stepping on the road is also a risk in the part of world I live - someone may come and kidnap me!

In the end again, great efforts done - Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and may Santa get us naughty kids our electronic gadgets at massive discounts.

[P.S. - I care a damn if someone got offended!]

Vinay for Heavens sake!! you are talking to yourself!! why are you posting number of times over and over continuously. Let me tell you, you are not adding value to this thread. this is the kind of attitude a person wants to stay clear off when he is trying to do some work for the community. A person does all the hard work and when something goes wrong, he is the only one who gets blamed!! Tell me Vinay, if you were in place of nikhil, and the deal did not work out and somebody doubted you to be non geniune, would you have liked it or even be ok with it? in the future would you ever volunteer for any such activity? You had your doubts you expressed them, okay, but whats with repeating you doubts over and over and over? Just let be dude!!
P.S: next time we should try everything over PM or mail.

I think you lack ability to realize what you are writing.

I have been replying to specific post one by one, so how does that become i talking to myself? In view to this your question of me posting continuously becomes null and void, be assured on this.

I think i have added considerable value to this thread by taking precautions so that no one falls in some trap, if any.

Indeed it is noble to do some work for the community but it should not be at the cost of taking un-warranted risk.

Well no one is blaming anyone, huge noise is being made, what did i ask, a proforma invoice and i will go along at the time of making payment, and i put up a question why do you need the full contact details, with the e-mail address, and cell number.

If the deal goes wrong, and if there is no fault of ours, then sure no one is to be blamed, but a mother of blame will surface when things are handled wrongly etc for known and un-known reasons.

If i am handling something i will do with a lot of care and use risk management, for example one of the member wanted to sell some records, i said a simple thing that check the records and then take it. The seller later wanted to sell more records, so i told the member not to buy more till you have finished checking them first.

The other instance is when i ordered a projector from online store, their handling in the start was of suspect, at that time some had shown interest to order from the said store, i stopped them, that do not order, till i receive the goods in perfect order etc because if it is not received well, then only i will sink, i do not want others to go down the hill.

On the other hand if i was in place of nikhil, i will never ask for any sort of contact details other then the pin code, keeping in mind that this is a forum, no one knows anyone well. I would first get the 10 member names, go to the seller and see if they are still ready to supply, if yes, then out of my own pocket i will pay Rs.5,000/- as deposit to the seller and shall tell them that i will now go and get the address from 10 guys, then ask seller to give me specific proforma invoice in every one's name, if he says no, then i will tell him to go and take a walk where there is no electricity. Once the proforma is given to everyone, then i will say let all of us go with our payments to the seller's office and pay across, take our receipts, meet the person in flesh, see their office, i will exercise more basic precautions also if the need be. I call this risk management, but some of them are so shallow that they will call this over done with risk management.

Further like now when i had ordered the projector, we starting doing the risk management before it arrived in form of where all we could face problems in terms of projector lift, electric volts, hdmi cable and so forth.

On the other hand if there is a well established brand and if are dealing directly with them, then sure our precaution level can be dropped, but to trust a member who hardly has any posts, is nothing short of being insane.

About me volunteering for activities, is a small matter for me, i have proven track records for what i have done for fellow members, would you like to know some of them?

Please be assured that it is never wise to take big calls via private message or mails, it should always be discussed in the open, so that everyone can chip in their view.

Thanks for hearing me out.

V.

Vinay for Heavens sake!! you are talking to yourself!! why are you posting number of times over and over continuously. Let me tell you, you are not adding value to this thread. this is the kind of attitude a person wants to stay clear off when he is trying to do some work for the community. A person does all the hard work and when something goes wrong, he is the only one who gets blamed!! Tell me Vinay, if you were in place of nikhil, and the deal did not work out and somebody doubted you to be non geniune, would you have liked it or even be ok with it? in the future would you ever volunteer for any such activity? You had your doubts you expressed them, okay, but whats with repeating you doubts over and over and over? Just let be dude!!
P.S: next time we should try everything over PM or mail.

Last edited:
HFVisioners, I have read this thread in detail, and I must say a few words before closing this thread.

I have a large amount of respect for Vinay as he has proved his love of music/movies as well as affection for fellow members many times. Many of us including I are the happy recipients of some 200 odd DVDs that Vinay just gave away and bore even the courier charges.

At the same time, I do not see any action on Nikhil's part that has raised my doubt in my mind as to his intentions. If the deal has fallen though, it is unfortunate. Maybe Onkyo decided they were giving away too much, maybe they were under pressure from dealers, maybe the person who promised to Nikhil was hauled up by his superiors. Who knows?

HFV is a forum where many of us have come to know each other and become good friends, not only within the city, but even across cities. I have received innumerable help from people when I have called them on the phone, sent PM, or exchanged emails.

At the same time, when you enter into some financial transaction with another member, please be careful, and taking precautions is the order of the day. Being a person who deals in stock extensively, Vinay calls it 'risk management. I simply call it talking precautions.

Vinay, you have said what you have to say, and we all appreciate that. But, since the deal is dead, let us close this chapter. I am closing this thread by end of day for a particular reason. I am hoping members will show restraint and not add any comment whatsoever. Let us say this is my experiment is seeing how mature all of us are.

Thank you.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back