ONKYO 3300 only for 20K (Group buy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont we guys from mumbai goto the dealer and bargain. Even if we are 4 -5 guys, We might get a good discount.

Vinay,

Again I suggest you read post carefully. I was not worked up till u doubted my integrity with questions. Height was u never knew, I had replied to your questions but still u made direct/indirect allegations.

Again for your info, I have answered many question repeatedly. But the same person never asked me the question again and again like u. Why dont u accept that u never took efforts to contact me and get involved in the deal rather than just sitting and dishing out questions. My num was always available to u. But u chose not to share your num even while others shared their contact details.

Again for your info, the contact details shared by people has been kept private only pin-codes have shared. The details were taken just in case they needed to clarify any details. I guess have seen enough of the world to know all these things.

Buddy I am still answering you just to clarify my stand. And have again answered all your questions.

Nikhil

hi guys,

Some bad news, the deal with Onkyo has been called off. As some of the dealers/distributors(may b some of them present on our forum) have complained to the co. abt the direct deal with us.

I know this will cause disappointment to all of us. But there is not much which can be done. So i would suggest all to take their own routes, form their groups in their own cities and drive down the price. The only takeaway from effort is that v know the base. So bargain hard guys either for the same or competing products.

However, after whatever happened i feel bad for having fuelled expectations.

I hope all of you understand, some guys who were in touch with me will know this.

Nikhil

Dear Friends

As Nikhil write in this post.
I am in regular contact with Nikhil. There is no such thing from our side, we all want to purchase at best rate and Nikhil made best what he can do.
I thanks him from all of us. Some of viewer/ member of forum made complaint for group buy. Which ultimately affect our deal.
We learn from this experience, I think look for other competing products
As Onkyo 3300 rate in international market is less, they are selling at premium rate in INDIA. I think they cheating us.

I request Moderator to close this thread

I think there was no question to ask the full address, pin code was more then enough. It is not safe to give away your address so easily that too on a forum, even if that means via private message.

V.

So guys now kindly let me have the final count of members for the purchase; along with their detailed address and pincode, so as to ascertain if the company can themselves deliver it or not.

Once again you are asking full contact details, which is not fair, one would suspect why so much of details are being asked. It is like selecting a baby's name, while the female is still not pregnant.

Hi Guys,
I haven't got full contact details including pincode from them except for Rohan Shah & Jaison.

I guess u wud not have given it even after the deal was through :lol:. If anyone wanted to misuse, they cud even do it after deal.

@Vinay your Q r unwelcoming. Don't just sit on pc and dish out Qs rather crack a deal for the forum.

Nikhil

I think there was no question to ask the full address, pin code was more then enough. It is not safe to give away your address so easily that too on a forum, even if that means via private message.

V.

Last edited:
Once again address is being asked, which is not fair while it is being said that the deal will be handled by nikhil himself, it may in-directly mean that the payments also only he will take to the company, if it is correct, then not fair.

V.

Nikhil would supply the list of addresses to company for cross-checking with their delivery network and those falling in the delivery area. The deal would be handled by Nikhil himself.
-Sanket.

Now a new problem, Vinay u r reading but not understanding. But the good part is now u r reading even if it means just to find faults.

Well carry on.

Nikhil

Dear Friends

As Nikhil write in this post.
I am in regular contact with Nikhil. There is no such thing from our side, we all want to purchase at best rate and Nikhil made best what he can do.
I thanks him from all of us. Some of viewer/ member of forum made complaint for group buy. Which ultimately affect our deal.
We learn from this experience, I think look for other competing products
As Onkyo 3300 rate in international market is less, they are selling at premium rate in INDIA. I think they cheating us.

I request Moderator to close this thread

I totally agree with you Kunal there is no point in discussing or arguing things here..All I can say that Nikhil did tried to get a deal (although I just happen to
following the thread sice day before yesterday) but it did not happen for some reason..
might as well buy it from some store near our home ...

Request Moderator to pls close the thread

We all wanted to buy at this price but unfortunately it didn't go through - let us not let some minor misunderstandings lead to full blown arguments that lead nowhere.

Nikhil tried his best to get a deal, Vinay was trying to do due diligence to ensure a fair offer.

As kunal mentioned - let us direct our righteous anger at the arbitrary customs and import rules of the Indian Government and at Companies who try to back off verbal agreements.

I just looked at the price of Onkyo HTS-5300 through SYW and it came to 28K delivered at home (from amazon) + 2K for an excellent 220-110 Converter.

Cheers Guys

Last edited:
Well once again you are asking for full addresses, this causes me to suspect, now you have gone a step forward by asking even the e-mail address.

If you will observe that after asking so many times the address still you are not getting from all of them, which is because no one would part with their address without a valid reason.

Moreover you should not forget that you hardly have any posts on this forum, and not a old member, so this also becomes a reason to part with their private details.

While you are also saying that we should send you the cheques, i think what you should say again is that the one's who are coming with you, can carry the cheque along instead of sending to you.

V.

Hi!

However, only a few of u have given yr full address. Tomorrow morning, I will be sending the list of only those who have given me full contact details to ascertain delivery & installation by co.
So those who r interested in the group buy pm me your name, postal address, landmark if any, email & mobile.

Only those who send me the full details will be included in the group buy.

Once they confirm delivery & installation at members site, the members will have to send me Chq/DD.

Well once again you are asking so much of private contact details that too for nothing at all, you should realize that such requirements should be refrained unless there is a valid reason.

Today I will be submitting the list of members for ascertaining delivery & Installation. Since full contact details (Address, Mobile, and email-id) are required, i will be sending names of only those members who have given their full details as mentioned above.

So those of you, who have not given their full contact details, send it at the earliest.

Great I am happy I made you read. But also sorry to your interpretation is bad. Coz i have said once they 'approve' means there is enough precaution built in. Also from the very start I have been say will try for individual billing & payment and that too chq/DD in favour of the company.

I really pity you Vinay and find your questions and interpretation increasingly worthless to answer.

So that was the last one from me. You can continue to focus your energies on destructive things rather than any constructive efforts for the forum.

Well continue with what suits you best. I think I cannot answer your silly question any more Vinay.

However, questions from other forum members are still welcome on anything like : How the deal failed, What care should be taken next time by fellow members while negotiating a deal. I shall be happy to respond.

nikhil

Great I am happy I made you read. But also sorry to your interpretation is bad. Coz i have said once they 'approve' means there is enough precaution built in. Also from the very start I have been say will try for individual billing & payment and that too chq/DD in favour of the company.

I really pity you Vinay and find your questions and interpretation increasingly worthless to answer.

So that was the last one from me. You can continue to focus your energies on destructive things rather than any constructive efforts for the forum.

Well continue with what suits you best. I think I cannot answer your silly question any more Vinay.

However, questions from other forum members are still welcome on anything like : How the deal failed, What care should be taken next time by fellow members while negotiating a deal. I shall be happy to respond.

nikhil

Dear Nikhil & Vinay

What you want ......
Just close thing here.
Look for future...
look for same product at 15000/-
:)

Welcome New Year :clapping:

Kunal,

I think Vinay should take up the challenge, I am sure his ability will help us in landing a good & safe deal.
Probably, he has experience and a precedence which will ensure us a great deal

Nikhil

I think there is no question that you will try to get the proforma invoice, you should have ability to realize the importance of this document.

A proforma invoice is the least basic document before payment is made, so this becomes quite a suspect to what is happening.

You are saying that you will not specifically insist for proforma, this is not fair on your part, i need to protect myself, how can you leave me naked.

You are saying that you have cleared the doubts, i do not know by which standards you are saying this because i feel you are adding more confusion, suspect and related.

V.

I will try and find out for Proforma Invoice. But my friend proforma is generally needed to fix the price. So that there is no change in the decided price at the time of transaction.

In our case since we are already fixing up the price upfront and will be issuing Cheques/DD's of the same amount and that too in the name of the company (not any individual) with individual Bill & Warranty leaves no scope for doubt.

However, if they agree for it, I do not have any problems but I will not specifically insist for it.

I hope that clears all your doubt.

Nikhil

I am actually shocked when you say individual proforma is not possible because it will amount to paper work. It is a matter of just 10 print outs, how does this become loads of paper work? Please advice.

Further you also shock me that because of the discounts such paper work is not possible. Is the paper of high definition quality in 1080P?

I completely fail to understand on which basis you are saying that you have tried to make the transaction as smooth and simple while by which stamina you are saying that if there are more queries, we should ask, my friend your writings does not match with action.

In reference to mail you are talking about from Onkya, how do we know it is genuine?

With all these posts, do you need more reasons as to why the suspect factor has come in, please be assured that in no way this means that you are guilty.

V.

@Vinay, Individual proforma will not be possible as it will amount to the same amount of paper work for which this kind of discounts are not be available.

While I have tried to make the transaction as smooth & simple as possible and try soothe nerves of outstation buyers, those with still any queries feel free to ask.

I have done my best what I could to get this deal. I am with including the email sent to me by the person from company just excluding his name for obvious reasons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr.Nikhil,

I have attached herewith the sheet for your ref. with remarks & procedure for billing.
You may ask your friends to make the payments at our Chennai office,(for Chennai).

Pls be informed that the installation will be a standard installation which does not include the drilling/casing-capping.Pls get the wiring job done before hand.Also demo for far-off places will be done within 72 hours (except 25th Dec & Sundays or Public Holidays) from the date of billing

Thanks & Regards,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikhil,

If all this mess is not enough, we get this crucial link of a fraudster.

I hope you will at least now appreciate the dangers when things are not handled correctly, what if i am a fraud or you are a fraud, so the best we can do is practice risk management.

I think that you are getting worked up because of my precautions and the pathetic part is that you want me to buy your story line.

V.

For those who missed out, check the following offer though I don't know nothinh more about this site.

Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-S3300 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package (Black): Electronics

Well Nikhil, you can see another caution about the fraudsters being around, so these very realities become order of the day, so proper replies are required if one is genuine as no one will like to fall prey in hands of such breed.

V.

CAUTION

I think @ 20k its a simply irresistible..my only concern is if the source is genuine ??? had seen a similar thread on another forum ( as u knw i cannot paste external forum link) for a Okyo 3200 some time early in aug and it turned out that the middle men who had cracked the deal was a con ...I guess u guys carry on may be once you have bought it I shud contact Nikhil for gettin me thru the deal....just playing safe ;-)

EDIT:
found this on the ONKYO india website ONKYO INDIA

now my suspicion is getting all the more strong ..pls pls inform me if u manage to get the unit @ 20k or under ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back