ONKYO 3300 only for 20K (Group buy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that's really bad tht the deal has been called off... :sad: ne ways thanks nicks
Hey wht is the final price u guys have got in mumbai.
I have been going thru some dealers like. Croma and vijay sales but it seems tht croma does not have this model and vijay sales salesguy informed me it's available with Them at their prabhadevi store .. I plan to visit them on sat
Will update u guys

Btw I plan to buy before 30th so I can enjoy my new year party cause one of the vijaysales guys informed me tht they have some limited qty n can't wait more .... God I am soooooo very excited to buy this

For various reasons i was asking for the proforma invoice and talking about other in-direct precautions, of which you were not ready to understand for unfounded reasons and neither were the proposed buyers realizing on this in spite of the warnings which were on the wall. I was also seeing that you were replying with very long gaps and in a in-complete way, so what will one assume?

V.

To be fair though, he never did ask for the cheques in any one else's name and did mention that the folks in other cities could pay at their respective local onkyo offices.

I wouldn't be surprised if the deal was through a second level sales person in the organization who was trying to meet his numbers.

Never attribute to Malice that which can be adequately explained by lack of awareness, ignorance or even just plain bad luck. :)

As I mentioned in an earlier thread the Sellers/Dealers have formed a syndicate to thwart off any deal that might happen in group buys. I heard this specifically from the Chennai dealer that they have complained regarding the Audio Gallery in Coimbatore who was selling it below the fixed price by them.

Indeed he did not ask cheque's in some one else's name, so how does it mean that nothing can go wrong.

Further i am wondering why he did not agree that i and some of us going along with him at time of making the payment.

If there has been some doubts and related, it is not without a reason, please carefully go through the posts.

Finally one may not have bad intentions etc, but if the presentation is not in order, and if one things otherwise, then whose fault it is, will be any body's guess.

V.

To be fair though, he never did ask for the cheques in any one else's name.

Never attribute to Malice that which can be adequately explained by lack of awareness, ignorance or even just plain bad luck. :)

He never agreed on this visit, i wrote to him thrice on this.

V.

In fact he is taking vinay along with him (and maybe a few others). The cheque is made out to Onkyo and presented at their office.

He never agreed on this visit, i wrote to him thrice on this.

V.

oh my bad! I must have assumed it after you made the request. That certainly puts this whole thing in a different light. You are right , a lot of suspicion and doubts could have been allayed had he given more information or agreed to take a few more folks with him

Cheers.

--
V

Firstly whatever, I have mentioned in the post was genuine and that is why I tried to update the members as soon as possible. Secondly, if anyone recalls my earlier posts and pm's sent to some guys, I told them that payment can wait, first I need their full contact details. If there were any wrong intentions, I would have been more keen on collecting payments rather I never discussed about payments till things were clear. As if that was not enough, I even mentioned that the payments have to be made to the company and not any individual and that too by cheque/DD and not by cash.

Moreover, had my intentions been wrong, I would not have arranged for direct billing & payment by individuals at their respective city branches.

Despite all my efforts to get a safe deal for all the members, some members like Vinay (wanna be specific here) surprisingly smells a rat in that. I feel sorry for him coz he does know that even opening a bank account to encash collected cheques (if at all collected) would have required lot of documents for KYC including photographs besides other documents. And plz, I do not have the time for all this for petty amounts the almighty has been kind enough to me. To this a member like Vinay can ask, If almighty is kind enough to you why was i looking for discount through group buy ? (isn't it Vinay)

My answer to that is the sheer feel good factor of clinching a deal at a great price. And mind you this has taken efforts of more than 2 weeks, some members who i was constantly in touch with (Kunal, Vaibhav Yagnik guys u need to speak) can vouch for that.

Lastly, Vinay u need to brush your memory and read all the post by me in the 2 topics where this deal is discussed. In one of them I have clearly mentioned that too replying to your post "If u or anyone wishes they can accompany me to present the payment. Just to make it easy for you Vinay, I am taking effort to read the post and post a link of the discussion. Members plz read post 129 and a couple of previous post where Vinay has asked the question to which I replied in my post. http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-box/13997-onkyo-ht-s3300-group-buy-13.html

Sorry guys for such a detailed post, just to clear my name as I was pained by Vinays comments, questioning my integrity despite all possible measures to ensure safety. And mind you Vinay, I am not a pro at this but wanted to take lead and be instrumental for a deal that would benefit all members in general including myself. Had it not been for this forum I would not have been able to take an informed decision as to which system to buy. The deal would have been my gesture to give back something to the forum.

Vinay if u want we can debate on this even, I will be more than happy to clear all your doubts.

Nikhil

Indeed he did not ask cheque's in some one else's name, so how does it mean that nothing can go wrong.

Further i am wondering why he did not agree that i and some of us going along with him at time of making the payment.

If there has been some doubts and related, it is not without a reason, please carefully go through the posts.

Finally one may not have bad intentions etc, but if the presentation is not in order, and if one things otherwise, then whose fault it is, will be any body's guess.

V.

Just to add there were few people who were willing to send the payments but I told them to hold on payments till the things were a bit more clear.

I can clear any number of doubts with more links and excerpts of pm's sent to me by members and numerous phone calls i recieved. Unfortunately, I have no taped conversations. In fact, I told some of the members who called me to get in touch with members from their own city (definitely not my agents) or form groups within their respective cities/towns.

@Vardu, In any of the pm's u sent me did we discuss payments? No. I recall only asking you for your conatct details isn't it true ?
Nikhil

Last edited:
Just to add there were few people who were willing to send the payments but I told them to hold on payments till the things were a bit more clear.

Nikhil

Dude - don't feel too bad about this. You have to remember that whenever there is a too-good-to-be-true deal that turns out to be just that , there is a feeling of betrayal, frustration and anger . The ire is more towards the circumstances that prevented the deal and hence indirectly (unfortunately) on the person who was instrumental in making the deal.

Someday we will triumph over the Indian Retail Industry :)

Hello Nikhil,

I request you to please read my recent posts again, how can i say someone is naked, when i have not seen so.

If it looked like the guy in question was without clothes, i asked him about it, and did not get satisfactory replies or should i say there was in-direct silence.

In such a situation i had not choice but to assume otherwise, which is quite normal, but never have i said that the person was sure naked.

V.

I can clear any number of doubts with more links and excerpts of pm's sent to me by members and numerous phone calls i recieved. Unfortunately, I have no taped conversations. In fact, I told some of the members who called me to get in touch with members from their own city (definitely not my agents) or form groups within their respective cities/towns.

@Vardu, In any of the pm's u sent me did we discuss payments? No. I recall only asking you for your conatct details isn't it true ?
Nikhil

Nikhil,

No doubts you may be putting your best efforts to get this done for forum members. But there is nothing wrong someone asking few questions or raising doubts .. Afterall we are just online forum members.... When the sale is taken place as a group buy it becomes a huge responsibility to execute it in a professional way. No doubt you did your best but dont take it wrong if members like me (noobies) ask for some proforma invoice or any other relavant document. I am still not sure why the deal is calledoff in last moment. Any ways lets call this an end on a good note and hopefully some day we will make a big group buy of some nice SUVs..... :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas!!!!

Enjoy the weekend.
Kittu

Vinay dont expect me to answer the questions already answered. Your question had already been answered in the post, the link of which is there in my previous post.

How may times you want me to answer the same questions. Had the situation arose to present payments, I would have definitely got in touch with a few guys on the forum from Mumbai. Kunal and I were in constant touch for but were waiting for the deal to reach the next level.

Also, had my intentions been otherwise, I would not have informed of the deal being called off immideatly, rather waited and collected payments from members who were ready to pay.

So I suggest u read properly before posting questions that have already been answered. Infact I have tried answering everyone who has had questions.

Also tried to find a solution to make payments at respective city branches. This happened upon the suggestion of a member from Chennai, I guess it was 'GuessBoy' sorry if it was someone else, would request that guy to come forward and clear Vinay's doubt.

Guys, the whole idea of debate is to come clear of the allegations.

Nikhil

Hello Nikhil,

I request you to please read my recent posts again, how can i say someone is naked, when i have not seen so.

If it looked like the guy in question was without clothes, i asked him about it, and did not get satisfactory replies or should i say there was in-direct silence.

In such a situation i had not choice but to assume otherwise, which is quite normal, but never have i said that the person was sure naked.

V.

Dear Nikhil,

Please be assured again that i have not said anything directly about naked, all i am saying is that there is a strong suspect issue.

If i have said something directly, then please quote those writings, so that i can have a look.

V.

I pity you Vinay, coz despite so many measure you still suspect. By the way being in Mumbai u never took any intiative to call (when my numbers is avbl on the forum) and say buddy lets meet up and discuss and take the deal to the next level. Rather u chose to sit in the luxury of your house/office cabin and dish out questions after questions and expect me to answer the already answered questions.

Despite that I tried to answer each and every post, pm's sent to me. Is it my fault even u cannot take the effort to read the posts carefully.

Here I must mention Kunal called me and offered to help in any which ways he could.

Nikhil

Kittu,

I tried to clear all questions thru post or PM's as asked to me. For the proforma invoice, I had given a clear answer if u can take effort to read the posts. Infact the height is that he is not accepting his mistake of not reading the post and holding on to his guns.

I thinks so even for I need to help him find post and make him read. Essentially, what I want to convey here is dont jump to conclusions without adequate info.

Nikhil

Nikhil,

No doubts you may be putting your best efforts to get this done for forum members. But there is nothing wrong someone asking few questions or raising doubts .. Afterall we are just online forum members.... When the sale is taken place as a group buy it becomes a huge responsibility to execute it in a professional way. No doubt you did your best but dont take it wrong if members like me (noobies) ask for some proforma invoice or any other relavant document. I am still not sure why the deal is calledoff in last moment. Any ways lets call this an end on a good note and hopefully some day we will make a big group buy of some nice SUVs..... :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas!!!!

Enjoy the weekend.
Kittu

Hello Nikhil,

If i was sure that this is a foul transaction, I would have never said so many times "thanks".to your posts.

I have also appreciated many a times your efforts.

I already have the banker's cheque with me, so this too is a confirmation that i was not expecting a foul transaction.

All i am saying is that if your replies are not in order and related, so doubt creeps in mind.

If i have asked you something for a second time, why are you getting so worked up, you have to say yes or no.

In the forum, many of us keep getting same and same questions about audio/video requirements, do we get worked up?

These are money matters, that too a total whooping amount of 2 lac rupees, so if there is a need to ask something for the 3rd time, that is also very fine, be assured on this.

It is like when we are making some payment via net banking, we fill in the form and say pay the amount, the system still again asks are you sure. I am sure you will say that this is a good risk management, then why are you so biased that i should not ask you something again on money matters.

V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back