ONKYO 3300 only for 20K (Group buy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Sanket

I am from Pune and I will also like to participate in the group buy. How can I contact you ?

Regards,
-Rahul

Hi Guys,

I just spoke to Nikhil. He said that couple of interested parties are from Pune. I being from Pune, he requested if I could build the list of interested parties from Pune. It would be great if Pune people can PM me your Name and Address (with pincode). This is just to serve the purpose of overlooking any Pune specific issues...

The need for address is to check with company if they have delivery in the pincode region or not. Nikhil would supply the list of addresses to company for cross-checking with their delivery network and those falling in the delivery area would be contacted for presentment of cheques/DD's. The deal would be handled by Nikhil himself.

Thanks.
-Sanket.

Hi Nikhil/Kunal,
Many thanks for the deal. further to our telecon we had on tuesday evening, I am Interested in this deal please find below the details for kind perusal.
Name : Vasudev
#148, 6th Cross, 3rd Bloclk,
T.R. Nagar, Basavanagudi, Bangalore- 560028.
Mobile : 9886183437.

Please let me if you need any further assistance from me.

Hi Guys,

Today I will be submitting the list of members for ascertaining delivery & Installation. Since full contact details (Address, Mobile, and email-id) are required, i will be sending names of only those members who have given their full details as mentioned above.

So those of you, who have not given their full contact details, send it at the earliest. Plz include your full name as people generally tend to have different screen names.

Hope to get back to you soon with response from the company for delivery & installation.

Nikhil

I will try and find out for Proforma Invoice. But my friend proforma is generally needed to fix the price. So that there is no change in the decided price at the time of transaction.

In our case since we are already fixing up the price upfront and will be issuing Cheques/DD's of the same amount and that too in the name of the company (not any individual) with individual Bill & Warranty leaves no scope for doubt.

However, if they agree for it, I do not have any problems but I will not specifically insist for it.

And with regards to deadlines, I think so 5 days from the date of confirmation by the co. abt delivery & installation should be more than enough to courier down the payments.

I hope that clears all your doubt.

Nikhil

Nikhil,

It is so good with the kind of efforts you are putting in.

I think before we make the payment, a proforma invoice is required in every one's name by which it becomes a direct confirmation from Onkya itself.

It is very important that some of us accompany you when we make the payment. There is no need for full address at this point of time, all we need to tell you is that in which area we are staying like, Bandra, Santacruz, Powai, etc.

Please do not draw deadline as tomorrow, some of them may require a day or two more on certain aspects, so keep the last day as Saturday.

V.

As total payments are of a large amount over, Rs.2,00,000/-, all the more a proforma invoice is required, if such document is not provided then be assured this is not good by any standards.

The confirmation has to be in writing in terms of price, installation, delivery period etc. We all know with the best of brands at times, do not honor their commitment in part or full.

There is not doubt that the payment is being made directly in the name of company but still it is any day wise if some of us will come along at time of making payment to the company's office.

On the other hand please advice where is the question of full address and contact details at this point of time because if we are giving the area where we are living, that is more then enough for the company to confirm if installation is possible or no.

Indeed it is perfect that once the company confirms the order, then we can make the payment within 5 days.

I have the pay order/bank draft since yesterday.

V.

Nikhil, Thanks for your efforts for this group deal. Could you please let us know the shipping and other costs for delivery outside Mumbai. (Like Bangalore, Pune etc).

Hi Guys,

There is some good and bad news for outstation (other than Mumbai) buyers.

First some good news, buyers from Chennai & Bangalore will be able to make payments in their own respective cities at the company's branch or head offices in that city. And the products will be delivered to them from the same city branch.

I hope this will cool some nerves for those fearing to transact outstation. Moreover, I think since they have branches in Delhi & Hyderabad the same deal can be worked out there too. Lastly the deal will be available to people who are in my list which I send to the company coz this is meant specifically for the benefit of our group. Anyone else going there with payment will not be eligible coz the names have to be approved here and instructions will be sent from here. The person visiting the branch will have to go with Photo Id proof to avail the deal.

Now for some bad news, Buyers from Pune & Nagothane will have to make their own arrangements to pick up their sets from Santacruz, Mumbai. Alternatively the co. can arrange to ship it Pune by Blue Dart, the cost of which will have to be borne the members. In my opinion, this would be expensive and hence would suggest guys from pune to pool the cost and collect it from Mumbai. However, installations can done by the company for those who want it. People from far of places will have to wait for couple of days for installation & demo.

@Vinay, Individual proforma will not be possible as it will amount to the same amount of paper work for which this kind of discounts are not be available.

While I have tried to make the transaction as smooth & simple as possible and try soothe nerves of outstation buyers, those with still any queries feel free to ask.

I have done my best what I could to get this deal. I am with including the email sent to me by the person from company just excluding his name for obvious reasons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr.Nikhil,

I have attached herewith the sheet for your ref. with remarks & procedure for billing.
You may ask your friends to make the payments at our Chennai office,(for Chennai).

Pls be informed that the installation will be a standard installation which does not include the drilling/casing-capping.Pls get the wiring job done before hand.Also demo for far-off places will be done within 72 hours (except 25th Dec & Sundays or Public Holidays) from the date of billing

Thanks & Regards,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikhil

Well thanks for the detailed writing.

I will go with you to the company while making payment, i will pay and take the bill.

V.

Hi Guys,

First some good news, buyers from Chennai & Bangalore will be able to make payments in their own respective cities at the company's branch or head offices in that city. And the products will be delivered to them from the same city branch.

I hope this will cool some nerves for those fearing to transact outstation. Moreover, I think since they have branches in Delhi & Hyderabad the same deal can be worked out there too. Lastly the deal will be available to people who are in my list which I send to the company coz this is meant specifically for the benefit of our group. Anyone else going there with payment will not be eligible coz the names have to be approved here and instructions will be sent from here. The person visiting the branch will have to go with Photo Id proof to avail the deal.

@Vinay, Individual proforma will not be possible as it will amount to the same amount of paper work for which this kind of discounts are not be available.

While I have tried to make the transaction as smooth & simple as possible and try soothe nerves of outstation buyers, those with still any queries feel free to ask.

I have done my best what I could to get this deal. I am with including the email sent to me by the person from company just excluding his name for obvious reasons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr.Nikhil,

I have attached herewith the sheet for your ref. with remarks & procedure for billing.
You may ask your friends to make the payments at our Chennai office,(for Chennai).

Pls be informed that the installation will be a standard installation which does not include the drilling/casing-capping.Pls get the wiring job done before hand.Also demo for far-off places will be done within 72 hours (except 25th Dec & Sundays or Public Holidays) from the date of billing

Thanks & Regards,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikhil

This is great news for those in outer cities - but to clarify a point that vinay made regarding what is included in the offer from the company

Will there be any difference in what is being delivered in terms of accessories?
I haven't shopped for this particular model /so I don't know what is included in the package normally but will this offer have the same number of HDMI/Optical/ cables,,speaker plugs or other extras that is usually thrown in with the sets?

Does a standard installation from a dealer include the drilling and casing?

Last edited:
This is great news for those in outer cities - but to clarify a point that vinay made regarding what is included in the offer from the company

Will there be any difference in what is being delivered in terms of accessories?
I haven't shopped for this particular model /so I don't know what is included in the package normally but will this offer have the same number of HDMI/Optical/ cables,,speaker plugs or other extras that is usually thrown in with the sets?

Does a standard installation from a dealer include the drilling and casing?

Normally the dealers offer the services of a electrician for drilling and casing at an additional cost. As far as i know, the package will contain
1. speakers (5.1 package)
2. AVR
3. Power Cord,
4. Speaker Cables (6 nos.)
5. AM antenna
6. FM antenna
7. Remote (with or without batteries)
8. Manual
9. Rubber pads for speakers if not already on them.

This is pretty much true for all HTIB, none of them come with HDMI, if a seller says he will also give you some cables, its probably an offer to lure customers and rarely a company promotion.

CAUTION

I think @ 20k its a simply irresistible..my only concern is if the source is genuine ??? had seen a similar thread on another forum ( as u knw i cannot paste external forum link) for a Okyo 3200 some time early in aug and it turned out that the middle men who had cracked the deal was a con ...I guess u guys carry on may be once you have bought it I shud contact Nikhil for gettin me thru the deal....just playing safe ;-)

EDIT:
found this on the ONKYO india website http://www.onkyoindia.com/Caution.htm

now my suspicion is getting all the more strong ..pls pls inform me if u manage to get the unit @ 20k or under ....

Last edited:
Hi Nikhil,

Please count me in too. I am also interested in this deal.

I am in bangalore.
Please let me know a member contact details from bangalore.

Thanks,
Raghu

CAUTION

I think @ 20k its a simply irresistible..my only concern is if the source is genuine ??? had seen a similar thread on another forum ( as u knw i cannot paste external forum link) for a Okyo 3200 some time early in aug and it turned out that the middle men who had cracked the deal was a con ...I guess u guys carry on may be once you have bought it I shud contact Nikhil for gettin me thru the deal....just playing safe ;-)

EDIT:
found this on the ONKYO india website ONKYO INDIA

now my suspicion is getting all the more strong ..pls pls inform me if u manage to get the unit @ 20k or under ....

On the face of it this seems to be a genuine deal. There seems to be no dealers or middlemen. In fact he is taking vinay along with him (and maybe a few others). The cheque is made out to Onkyo and presented at their office.

The folks in Chennai and Bangalore are given an option to buy it at the local office (with an ID)

It is normal to have a 5% suspicion on any good deal but the dude deserves a thumbs-up for this effort :clapping:

I am based out of Bangalore and I am interested to buy from local dealer here.
Let me know the contact details of the person in Bangalore?
Thanks

Hi Nikhil,

Appreciate all the hard work you are putting in behind this.

Indeed, for me it is a bad news as the company is not ready to deliver at Pune. Any chance you can contact the person and determine how much would it cost for him to ship it to Pune? As far as I've seen around the net, the cost of shipping HTiB's across the country is approx 750.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.
-Sanket.

Hi Guys,

Now for some bad news, Buyers from Pune & Nagothane will have to make their own arrangements to pick up their sets from Santacruz, Mumbai. Alternatively the co. can arrange to ship it Pune by Blue Dart, the cost of which will have to be borne the members. In my opinion, this would be expensive and hence would suggest guys from pune to pool the cost and collect it from Mumbai. However, installations can done by the company for those who want it. People from far of places will have to wait for couple of days for installation & demo.

Dear Mr.Nikhil,

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

hi guys,

Some bad news, the deal with Onkyo has been called off. As some of the dealers/distributors(may b some of them present on our forum) have complained to the co. abt the direct deal with us.

I know this will cause disappointment to all of us. But there is not much which can be done. So i would suggest all to take their own routes, form their groups in their own cities and drive down the price. The only takeaway from effort is that v know the base. So bargain hard guys either for the same or competing products.

However, after whatever happened i feel bad for having fuelled expectations.

I hope all of you understand, some guys who were in touch with me will know this.

Nikhil

hi guys,

Some bad news, the deal with Onkyo has been called off. As some of the dealers/distributors(may b some of them present on our forum) have complained to the co. abt the direct deal with us.

I know this will cause disappointment to all of us. But there is not much which can be done. So i would suggest all to take their own routes, form their groups in their own cities and drive down the price. The only takeaway from effort is that v know the base. So bargain hard guys either for the same or competing products.

However, after whatever happened i feel bad for having fuelled expectations.

I hope all of you understand, some guys who were in touch with me will know this.

Nikhil

Man that sucks :mad:. In any case thanks for making the attempt Nikhil.

For various reasons i was asking for the proforma invoice and talking about other in-direct precautions, of which you were not ready to understand for unfounded reasons and neither were the proposed buyers realizing on this in spite of the warnings which were on the wall. I was also seeing that you were replying with very long gaps and in a in-complete way, so what will one assume?

V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back