Oppo DV-981H or Denon DVD-1940 - please suggest

Hi Everyone!

I have decided on the Oppo DV-983H and I have mailed them and they have confirmed that you can order online and they will ship direct to India. Shipping will cost US$72.50 and with the price tag of $399.00 it works out to Rs. 22,339 per today's rates. This also includes a 1 year parts and labor warranty. Before I go ahead and place the order, I wanted to confirm if the Oppo DV-983H is available at a better rate anywhere in India and also with what kind of warranty.

Otherwise please confirm if its a good deal at Rs. 22,339 and I can go ahead and place the order?
You will have to take into account the huge customs duty that will be levied in India when the item arrives. It also takes some 15-20 days to get clearance in some cities like Bangalore.

can anyone confirm how much exactly the customs duty will be on something like this?

You will have to take into account the huge customs duty that will be levied in India when the item arrives. It also takes some 15-20 days to get clearance in some cities like Bangalore.

A friend was saying it would be in the range of 12.5% plus other taxes, but he is going to check it out to be sure so I am waiting to hear from him.

Its very difficult to ascertain the exact duty the customs my charge, these can vary from 16 to 35% on the local price of the commodity plus other penalties.

If you are lucky, you can pass through the green channel with out any problem. Recently a friend of mine brought a HD 65 projector, Oppo 981 HD, Ipod and some other electronics and passed through green channel with out any issues,

So it depends mostly on your luck!

Its very difficult to ascertain the exact duty the customs my charge, these can vary from 16 to 35% on the local price of the commodity plus other penalties.

If you are lucky, you can pass through the green channel with out any problem. Recently a friend of mine brought a HD 65 projector, Oppo 981 HD, Ipod and some other electronics and passed through green channel with out any issues,

So it depends mostly on your luck!

This is valid if you travelling and carrying the items by hand.

Moser, Oppo uses Fedex. Fedex will not deliver the item unless you pay the customs duty. It might be good idea to call Fedex and check with them on the procedure.

Cheers

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back