Panasonic 2010 Plasma lineup launched in India

well finally panasonic is launching its 3D Plasma in mid august the price for the TV plus two 3D glasses, an HDMI cable, and 2 blue-ray discs as well as two hours of 3D content has been set at 1.90 lacs.

My 42S10 Full-HD Panasonic plasma which I puchased in Nov 2009 has burn-in issues.

I notice that some images (channel logos which are stationery) are retained on the screen after the TataSky box is switched off.

These images are visible when you view it from an angle, I can see Discovery or Asianet logo.

After switching off the tv for many hours these however disappear.

I have not attched pics as it is difficult to take using a camera.

Does anyone else face this problem? Should I log a call? TV is under extended warranty

well finally panasonic is launching its 3D Plasma in mid august the price for the TV plus two 3D glasses, an HDMI cable, and 2 blue-ray discs as well as two hours of 3D content has been set at 1.90 lacs.
What is the source and is the price and release date confirmed? Not that I am doubting you, just want to confirm. Also, the Rs. 1.90 lacs price is subtantially higher than the Rs. 1.70 lacs price that someone had mentioned earlier.

My 42S10 Full-HD Panasonic plasma which I puchased in Nov 2009 has burn-in issues.

I notice that some images (channel logos which are stationery) are retained on the screen after the TataSky box is switched off.

These images are visible when you view it from an angle, I can see Discovery or Asianet logo.

Does anyone else face this problem? Should I log a call? TV is under extended warranty
This is not burn in. This is image retention if it is washed away. All plasmas would suffer from this to some extent. You need not worry about it. Maybe you could do a little more reading about the subject if you have not done already.
Image retention and burn in are not covered under warranty.

So what happens if there is image retention?
Like i am using Tata sky right now so when i will get my plasma will i see image retention of tata sky logo as well?
Is their anyway to avoid it?

First of all, this is not a 'burn in issue', rather it is a 'image retention' issue. The difference being, that 'burn in' is a permanent state, whereas 'image retention' is temporary, however long it may be. In any case, having had lots of experience with Panasonic plasmas, I can assure you that 'image retention' is not really an issue with Panasonic plasmas, ie. atleast not if you have your picture settings set apropriately. If you are facing 'image retention' issues, then you definately have the contrast, brightness and gamma levels on your TV way too high.

First of all, this is not a 'burn in issue', rather it is a 'image retention' issue. The difference being, that 'burn in' is a permanent state, whereas 'image retention' is temporary, however long it may be. In any case, having had lots of experience with Panasonic plasmas, I can assure you that 'image retention' is not really an issue with Panasonic plasmas, ie. atleast not if you have your picture settings set apropriately. If you are facing 'image retention' issues, then you definately have the contrast, brightness and gamma levels on your TV way too high.

Thanks, could you share what settings are recommended? a link would help.

BTW my brightness is not high, I followed the settings posted by a user on this forum and did a little bit of tweaking for my taste

So what happens if there is image retention?
Like i am using Tata sky right now so when i will get my plasma will i see image retention of tata sky logo as well?
Is their anyway to avoid it?

I full subscribe to the benefits of PLASMA over LCD but ,IMHO if I was given a second chance I would bet my hard earned 54K on a LCD, simply because I do not like restrictions about what settings/content i need to run.

Last edited:
Thanks, could you share what settings are recommended? a link would help.

BTW my brightness is not high, I followed the settings posted by a user on this forum and did a little bit of tweaking for my taste
Generally the issues of 'burn in' and 'image retention' are more linked to the 'contrast level' and 'gamma level' settings rather than the brightness settings. I personally don't have the V20, so I cannot recommend any particular settings, but you could try out the settings that another member here has been using. --> Bought TH-P42V20D Pana Plasma
I full subscribe to the benefits of PLASMA over LCD but ,IMHO if I was given a second chance I would bet my hard earned 54K on a LCD, simply because I do not like restrictions about what settings/content i need to run.
I understand what you are saying, when you state that you should be able to use whatever settings you prefer, but the fact is that you will not have any 'burn in issues' or even too much 'image retention' with the settings that provide the best picture. Also, more importantly, these issues are more in the inital 200 - 250 hrs of usage. After that the 'image retention' issues will become less. Thus my suggestion is to use your tv with lower contrast and brightness settings for atleast the first 200 -250 hrs. Considering the 20000 hr life of the panel, the 200 - 250 hrs is not much at all.

Congratulations buddy. I am happy that you are enjoying the TV. Don't worry, the switchover from SD to HD is going to be much faster now, specially with HD broadcasting having started in India. The Commonwealth Games and the starting of the Doodarshan HD channel before then, will really help speed the process up. In any case you have Blu-rays to keep you entertained. By the way, I am just a little jealous. :)

Sorry for not being prompt enuf!! I think i was d first person in Chennai to own it..d Brand shop here actually imported it Fm Thailand..And i picked up d first piece!!

Here is d album link

http://www.hifivision.com/members/porsche1989-albums-my-new-ht-setup.html

Last edited:
Does anybody here know the prices of the Panasonic 50V20 and 50U20 here in Bangalore? I did visit a couple of places but they did not have any stock or price details.

Hey Addy,
Yesterday I checked with the Panasonic dealer next to Manipal Centre and he quoted 1.25L for P50V20D and Modern World quoted 1.15L for the same. Never checked the price for 42".

But the Panasonic brand shop guy has promised he'll better any quote that I get from other showrooms.

Hope this helps and I'm not too late.

Sham.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back