Panasonic 2010 Plasma lineup launched in India

Very true. Panasonic should not be considered for sizes above 42 inches, unless money is absolutely no object at all.

Frank, since you had the woodwork done for a 50 inch plasma, you have 2 good models (and popular ones) now - Samsung 50C550 and LG 50PK550. Already I think 5 forum members have purchased LG 50PK550 and are quite happy. It would be great if you could somehow compare the 2 plasmas and then decide.

To me, the LG 50PK550 looked quite nice with Nat Geo HD channel playing on it. But I want to know if the Samsung's 18 bit plasma panel really makes a lot of difference in colour reproduction compared to the LG's 16 bit panel.

The lowest price I got in Chennai for the LG 50PK550 was 62k. For the Samsung 50C550, it was 70k.

---Venkat

This just shattered my dreams guys :-(
The 50 is NOW definitely out of my league. Had the woodwork done in my new house so I could fit the 50V20 :-(

you can consider 50U20 (Full HD) its going for 95K. have seen one and by no mean its a bad display. BTW wait for 3-4 days till they get one (50V20) in stock. i take their assumption with a pinch of salt.

Panny 50V20 is now available at their brand Shop in Mumbai for 1.25 lacs. ($ can be further negotiated). According to the sales guy they have got only limited numbers of panel as Panasonic is currently enjoying strong sale in States like W. Bengal & Kerala.

Bought a P50U20D last week, for 90K, in Bangalore (Devi International, Jayanagar). The sticker on the carton box says the MRP is 99,990/- Devi International did not have V20 models, or else I would have bought one. I lost a week of worldcup football, and could not wait for any longer :)

Am not sure what is the price for 42" or 46".

Devi International had LG and Samsung close to Panasonic, and I could see that Panasonic was better.

Just gotta call from Panny brand shop here in Mumbai 50V20 will be available from Friday onwards. Price 1.49 lacs yes i double checked it.

Wow!Are u planning to buy it?? i also got the same quote fm d brand shop here in chennai!! Wat is d best price?? and is it worth that money when other brands are available for half this price??

Wow!Are u planning to buy it?? i also got the same quote fm d brand shop here in chennai!! Wat is d best price?? and is it worth that money when other brands are available for half this price??

i'm going for Panny VT20 which will be available in August. as for the V20 the best price i got is 1.20 lacs. i'm sure you'll get a better deal in your city.

Got 42V20 Last week. Showroom guys recomended take V-Gaurd Digital stabilizer which costed 2.9K.

Picture is looks fine. I tried with Sony S360 BD Player.

Some of disadvantages are:
USB supports only MPEG-2 & DivX; Does not play MP3/MP4.
I thought the panasonic person who is intalling TV will set colurs like (B gain, R again, G gain ..etc). The person came for installation does not have clue about what these means.

congrats nags. well, you might have to call panasonic for that. The person who installs screen, only knows how to install it :)
btw, what price you paid? I was quoted 66k last.

I paid 66 KK from bandshop. Even brandshop guys dont have much knowledge about all these B gain, G Gain, R gain, offset ..etc

Modern world also quoted same rate. Pai Electronics quoted 1.5 K more (after telling that I have enquired with other people & asked them to give best rate )

Installation is outsourced to 3rd party people.

Which is the best HD ready 42" Pana today ???

I have read quite a few notes regarding model nos. being changed (series)and launched with some added features and some removed etc. etc....and hence is quite confused rite now.

Is the G13 display better than the G12....logically it should be...but not sure. Does anyone have the differentiation ???

Has there been any improvement regarding the black level issue in the 2010 new plasma lineup ??? I did read that Panasonic have tweaked around a bit to make the black level reduction.." gradual "...its really a shame that they cudnt do away with it . Are there specific models that are affected by this or is it prevalent in ALL the 2009 onward models ???

Which of the HD ready 42" models give you the best pic quality for both SD and HD content ???? Models to consider..42c10d, 42x10d, 42x20d, 42a20d.

I am looking for 42V20 dose any one purchased in india if so @ what rate?
sorry I am newbee here. found lot of posts and best purchased rate of 66K.
I am looking for simillar deal. will get back....

Last edited:
hi guyz. m new 2 dis forum.

does nyone know where i can catch a glimpse of d V20 in delhi?? . i was quoted 69k+ by brndshop at saket, but even dey dint hav it on display. :(

seems foolish 2 buy it b4 actually havin a look at it. in such a case wud it b better 2 buy G10 instead (at 60k)??

Hi, Need help. I already have a Panasonic Pv7 (42" Plasma -3 yr old). Am looking for an upgrade in 46-50"
The 50" V20 is out of my budget of 1L, hence the options i have are either 6 series LED 46" by Samsung of Panasonic 46" U20D.

I already have a Full HD media player (Western Digital HD Live) hence the network and video formats features are not important.

Please advise should i go for the LED by Samsumg or Panasonic 2010 lineup and which one. Am looking for good pic quality and future proof

Hi, Need help. I already have a Panasonic Pv7 (42" Plasma -3 yr old). Am looking for an upgrade in 46-50"
The 50" V20 is out of my budget of 1L, hence the options i have are either 6 series LED 46" by Samsung of Panasonic 46" U20D.

I already have a Full HD media player (Western Digital HD Live) hence the network and video formats features are not important.

Please advise should i go for the LED by Samsumg or Panasonic 2010 lineup and which one. Am looking for good pic quality and future proof
Panasonic 50" V20 is available for Rs. 112,000. If that is beyond your budget, I suggest go buy the 50" C550. I just bought one yesterday for Rs. 70,000.

Panasonic 50" V20 is available for Rs. 112,000. If that is beyond your budget, I suggest go buy the 50" C550. I just bought one yesterday for Rs. 70,000.

Wow congrats. :clapping:
Iam awaiting C550's detailed review. There are others too. Post your initial impressions ASAP.

BTW, Is 70k the least it was available for?

I booked my P42V20D on Friday from brand shop on lansdowne, kolkata. They quoted a price of 64990/- which was the least i could get in Kolkata.

I was told, that they had the piece ready for delivery. This confirmation was done both on phone and in the shop when I was they to pay a booking amount of 25K. However, installment processing by Bajaj Finance monday due to a transport strike on saturday. When I called up yesterday(monday) evening, I was told that they were out of stock!! I was more or less shocked since I had already paid up 25K as down-payment, this was in total contrast to what was told to me on friday evening. I feel quite bitter to say the least.

However, having already paid the money, I think I will wait till thursday (as they have requested me to) given that the salesperson and others in the shop were extremely polite and well behaved.

It was quite a bad experience to go shopping for this TV. None of the shops had this on display. Most of them over-quoted this to be around 70K. Some shops like anandamela were straight out impolite and rude. It's strange how the shops can treat customers this way.

- santanu

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back