Panasonic 2010 Plasma lineup launched in India

Thanks a lot Arun,
I stay in Kalyani Nagar, and I really dont know about the Daruwala Pool area, if you can guide me it would be great, also saturday or sunday is perfect for me, and maybe "Edurgesh" can come too, can and try and bargain...

I went to the shop at Dhole Patil Road.

Well in this case my Sammy LCD comp. monitor should have the kuro blacks cause it has white frame :lol:

:eek:hyeah:me too my LCD also has a white frame and the blacks are amazing :lol:

Anyways coming back to the point, I got to see the 42V20 today, and it has some great blacks, the picture quality was amazing, and the input lag is very good, very minimal, played modern warfare 2 and i enjoyed it thoroughly, although couldn't watch any movie since i was short on time so can't tell about the floating blacks issue, surprisingly 50V20 and 46" 50" U20 haven't hit the stores as of yet, and the salesman wasn't even aware of these models let alone knowing their price, the price for 42V20 is 73K.

Last edited:
checked with Panasonic Brand show room in Kormanagala Bangalore. They said it will come to them after 15 days. Contacted many show room around but no one have 42V20. I hate delay :( .
Well, the price ~73k being quoted around is MRP. Atleast 10% discount we should get on soft bargain on newly launched products.

Hi Arun & Nanu,

I'm interested to buy 42V20 plasma, and ready to join you guys on Saturday.
Can we fix a time and go to the Brand shop at Daruwala Pool in Pune together?

Thanks,
Durgesh

:eek:hyeah:me too my LCD also has a white frame and the blacks are amazing :lol:

Anyways coming back to the point, I got to see the 42V20 today, and it has some great blacks, the picture quality was amazing, and the input lag is very good, very minimal, played modern warfare 2 and i enjoyed it thoroughly, although couldn't watch any movie since i was short on time so can't tell about the floating blacks issue, surprisingly 50V20 and 46" 50" U20 haven't hit the stores as of yet, and the salesman wasn't even aware of these models let alone knowing their price, the price for 42V20 is 73K.

50U20 is for 96K the PQ is similar to last year's G10 IMO which is not bad at all. Certainly better then Sammy 6500.

V10 had THX certification whereas V20 an upgraded model dosent have one. Cannot understand what the people at panny are thinking or are they even thinking at all when it comes to launching their plasma range in india.

Some models wont be launched, some will be availiable in specific screen size only...and so on..

No wonder why sales wont be picking up in India with same spped / volume as compared to US or UK.

Hi Arun & Nanu,

I'm interested to buy 42V20 plasma, and ready to join you guys on Saturday.
Can we fix a time and go to the Brand shop at Daruwala Pool in Pune together?

Thanks,
Durgesh

The Dhole Patil Shop has promised me the piece tomorrow morning, to compare it to the G10. I will be taking my PC and PS3 there as and when I wake up, probably by afternoon and will test out BluRay movie Avatar and will also try gaming. Lets see, the price difference between the two g10 and v20 is about 10K.

Yes i did, at MK Market (God of all the gray market in india)

Can you describe your experince.
I have set my eyes on this TV(50C6500) and waiting for it to be displayed in showroom. In case pana 50V20 proves to be beyond my budget I will go with the sammy. With delaer price of 1.05L, it can be bargained to 85K.

50U20 is for 96K the PQ is similar to last year's G10 IMO which is not bad at all. Certainly better then Sammy 6500.

Do u have any idea why these sets are priced so high as compared to US prices, is it because of customs and excise duty that one has to pay on these sets ? Also where are the different brands manufactured, are they manufactured in India or elsewhere and then just imported to India.

The Dhole Patil Shop has promised me the piece tomorrow morning, to compare it to the G10. I will be taking my PC and PS3 there as and when I wake up, probably by afternoon and will test out BluRay movie Avatar and will also try gaming. Lets see, the price difference between the two g10 and v20 is about 10K.

Hi Nanu,

What time you plan to visit there? If time permits I can try and join in. (I have guests @ home and will have to host them before I can step out).

Also, Daruwala pool is about 1/2KM away from KEM hospital/Apollo theatre. From Apollo theatre you have to drive towards Lakshmi road/Shiniwar wada.

Thanks.

Arun

Last edited:
So here it is

VIERA TH-P42V20D

* Infinite Black with Dynamic Contrast 5,000,000:1
* 600Hz Sub-field Drive
* VIERA CAST with Skype
* VIERA Image Viewer (Photo and Video)
* USB Terminals for USB Flash Memory, Wireless LAN Adaptor and USB Keyboard
* V-Audio ProSurround

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

Been watching Avatar and Alice in Bluray 1080P and its superb, Atleast for me
but I aint no pro but I am delighted.
Have a nice night,
Cheers,

So here it is

Been watching Avatar and Alice in Bluray 1080P and its superb, Atleast for me
but I aint no pro but I am delighted.
Have a nice night,
Cheers,
Congratulations and thank you for sharing the joy of bringing home and unwrapping a new toy :) Hope you thoroughly enjoy it.

PS: From the pictures, it looks like the frame is black clored and in 'matte' finish. Is that correct? If it is, then it would be a very pleasant surprise, since I was under the impression that the V20 series has a 'grey' colored frame. Also, I hate the stupid & shiny, 'piano' finish, that Panasonic had lately gravitated towards. Why in the world would anyone want a shiny frame, which acts like a mirror, on their TV?

Last edited:
Thank you Sanjay and GadgetCrazy...

I did not want to make this thread any longer and want to leave it open for other TY's and discussions on Panasonic.

I have created a separate thread for it here you can see the finish more in detail

Thank you :)

the difference between UK V20 and ours is they have THX mode and their panel comes with infinite black pro technology.

what is the difference between infinite black and infinite black pro? Is the difference visible easily?
Also Phill reviewed on AVS forum with THX mode on and results are good. Are we going to miss big while not getting THX mode?

Though UK price is high compared to India, the Indian V20 is not actually V20B/E. DotMac was correct when he quoted that it looks like Europian G20

:(:(

Last edited:
Can you describe your experince.
I have set my eyes on this TV(50C6500) and waiting for it to be displayed in showroom. In case pana 50V20 proves to be beyond my budget I will go with the sammy. With delaer price of 1.05L, it can be bargained to 85K.

like i said i saw C6500 at MK Market so obviously couldnt play with it much (the boiling temperature in the shop can also be blamed) it was connected to the DVD player and PQ didnt look that good to me. look wise its a good one but the build quality is no way close to Panny V20.

Does anybody here know the prices of the Panasonic 50V20 and 50U20 here in Bangalore? I did visit a couple of places but they did not have any stock or price details.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back