Panasonic 2010 Plasma lineup launched in India

what is the difference between infinite black and infinite black pro? Is the difference visible easily?
Also Phill reviewed on AVS forum with THX mode on and results are good. Are we going to miss big while not getting THX mode?

Though UK price is high compared to India, the Indian V20 is not actually V20B/E. DotMac was correct when he quoted that it looks like Europian G20

:(:(

Indian V20 is not the European G20. European G20 doesn't have 96Hz 24p mode - it maxes out at the unwatchable 48Hz. Plus, European G20 too is THX certified.

Some differences I've noted between Indian V20 and European V20:

European V20 has Infinite Black Pro panel. We'll have to wait till VT20 to get this panel. The main difference between Infinite Black Pro and Infinite Black seems to be a better AR filter. Otherwise, the specs seem to be the same with 50M:1 contrast ratio. But nevertheless, there should be a difference in black levels and real contrast due to the better coating.

European V20 has THX mode. Indian V20 has True Cinema mode. Both these modes MIGHT be one and the same.

European V20 comes with wireless adapter included in the box. For the Indian V20 this has to be bought seperately. (This is what the store guy said on phone. Can owners confirm this? )

Of course, the European V20 costs GBP1200 (Rs.81K) and the Indian V20 costs about ~Rs.67K.

The same V20 is sold across Asia. In the US, there's no V20 model at all. The US G25 is THX certified and doesn't have 96Hz 24p mode. So, it will be very hard to find reviews for the Indian (Asian) V20 model since there's no equivalent western model.

The MRP of the 50V10 when available was 1.5L, but was avaialble in retail for around 1.2-1.5L. I am sure in the case of the 50U20, 1.2L is the MRP and you should be able it get for around 95K. In fact 'akasmarty2003' posted earlier that he has been quoted a price of Rs. 95k for the 50U20.

Iam lookin for a 50inch plasma and Panasonic was d obvious choice.I contactd the brand shp here in chennai and they say that the V10 is not avlble any more.(I was particularly interestd in dis model).they were kinda pushing the U20 instead.how does u20 compare wid the V20D.budget is not a constraint!!

Iam lookin for a 50inch plasma and Panasonic was d obvious choice.I contactd the brand shp here in chennai and they say that the V10 is not avlble any more.(I was particularly interestd in dis model).they were kinda pushing the U20 instead.how does u20 compare wid the V20D.budget is not a constraint!!
The V20 is far superior to the U20. If budget is no constraint, then I suggest you wait for the V20.

I see a Silver colored Panasonic Plasma/LCD in their recent ads. What is the model # for this?

I already have a Pana 42C10 Plasma, but want on more for the living room where rest of the equipment is silver in color.

Thanks in Advance.

I'm new here guys. Can someone point out in what way the V2o is superior to the U20? Am looking for a 50" plasma.

Any idea on pricing?

I'm new here guys. Can someone point out in what way the V2o is superior to the U20? Am looking for a 50" plasma.
V20 uses a 'G13 Progressive Full-HD NeoPDP / Infinite Black' panel. (Deeper blacks)
U20 uses a 'G13 Progressive Full-HD PDP' panel.

V20 has a dynamic contrast ratio of '5,000,000 : 1'
U20 has a dynamic contrast ratio of '2,000,000 : 1'

V20 has a moving picture resolution of 1080
U20 has a moving picture resolution of 900+

V20 uses 120hz (24 x 5) scanning for displaying 24p signals
U20 does not and instead uses 2:3 pull down for 24p signals.

V20 has 2 USB inputs
U20 has none

V20 has 3+1 (total 4) HDMI, 2 component, 3+1 (4) composite inputs
U20 has 2+1 (total 3) HDMI, 1 component, 2+1 (3) composite inputs

V20 is DLNA, WiFi, LAN ready.
U20 is not.

V20 has Viera cast and is Skype ready.
U20 is not.

Bottom line: V20 has a far superior picture quality in addition to the many more features.

Any idea on pricing?
Sorry, no pricing or date of arrival for the 50" V20 has been anounced yet.

Wow nice comparison there between the U20 and V20. The 50U20 is being quoted at around 90k so I am pretty sure the V20 with all those extra features and the better panel would cost more than 100-110k.

---Venkat

Can someone please post settings they are using for the g10 or any other model similar to the V20 I just want a base for calibrating my settings for the v20.

Also is there any software I can use to calibrate a Plasma in general???

Hi guys,

How would u compare the V series 42 incher with the U series 46 incher. I demo'ed both and primace facie didn't find much difference. I actually want the 46 incher coz of my room size. I'd wish there was a 46 inch V series with the NeoPDP panel, but just wanted your opinion whether going for V series and compromising on screen size is worth it?

I see a Silver colored Panasonic Plasma/LCD in their recent ads. What is the model # for this?

I already have a Pana 42C10 Plasma, but want on more for the living room where rest of the equipment is silver in color.

Thanks in Advance.

thats a Panasonic Z1 ultraslim plasma launched last year cost 2.5 lacs + for 54 inch YouTube - Panasonic VIERA Z1 TV-Spot 2009

Getting a Panasonic 42" PV 20 for 65k. Without any freebies. But Panel is available only after Friday Coming Week.

Apart from that getting LG LED TV LG(42SL90)+Onkyo 5.1(HT 3100)+ Philips BD Player(BDP 3000) for 89,990K.

Which is a better option please suggest

Thanking you all!

This just shattered my dreams guys :-(
The 50 is NOW definitely out of my league. Had the woodwork done in my new house so I could fit the 50V20 :-(

This just shattered my dreams guys :-(
The 50 is NOW definitely out of my league. Had the woodwork done in my new house so I could fit the 50V20 :-(

Get the Samsung 50C550.
As I always say, panasonic's limit in india is 42". Anything higher, you will be buying a donkey in horse's price!! It is a different story in the international market.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back