Panasonic plasma V20 series group buy

hey guys,
this is my first time in a group buy, if any of you'll can please guide me regarding how will the billing ,payment , warranty and other issues should be handled ,
waiting for your advice ... as i am going to talk with the dealer tomorrow

What is the new replacement of 2011 model for this V series? Is it G series? Can anyone let us know?

Looks like V20 is the End of V series in 2D. G30 and U30 are the newer models for G20 and U20 Respectively of last year's 2D models.So can't exactly say these are the replacements of V20. Other model in V series is VT30 which is again a 3D model.

Hi gaurav,
I think the key here is once the final price with the dealer is negotiated and is agreed then all the members interested should pay to the dealer individually either in person or via online bank transfer and liaise with dealer directly for any clarifications, delivery, installation etc and keep others posted via this forum. Warranty etc will be common for all so I dont think there should be much issues. Not sure what others think but imho it is best to let the individual deal with money matters.

Come on guys help me help you !

Hi Gaurav,

1) Maybe we can split the groups into areas of purchases broadly, meaning Mumbai into one group, Bangalore into another group etc.

2) Ask the dealer if he will be able to deliver the sets locally for each person to say at a common place thru the brand shop? I am sure something of this sort can be worked out. Meaning he gets a consolidated payment from one area group of buyers and he bills them commonly, the people buying them can get a consolidated bill for that area for warranty issues etc and pick up the sets from the panasonic brand shop etc, one person holding the bill and other buyers holding photocopies? because having a separate bill will cause problems in terms of logistics and ease?

3) Or maybe a model wise split up? But it does not seem feasible as there will be more confusion?

Just voicing my thoughts, any correctional inputs are most welcome

Regards

Come on guys help me help you !

Gaurav,

Thanks for your initiative. I think the buyer will be mainly interested in volume sale and does not bother about separate bill or consolidated bill etc. issues. Let us collect all interested parties and talk to a dealer. The dealer can also deliver at different places within a city (like Mumbai) maybe at extra cost or at without any extra cost.

But, in this thread, I am also hearing that this model V20 is on the way out and therefore there is a possibility that dealers may not have huge numbers in stock. We need to bear that in mind also...

*UPDATE*

Talked to the dealer about our group buy, he said he would talk to Panasonic about the group buy, and delivery to other cities. He would be giving me the details tomorrow.
He said he would be providing Wall mount and installation(for Mumbai) inclusive of price.

I tried asking him what would be the group price...he said he can reduce Rs.500 more from his side, lets see.

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for taking this forward. All the dealers & brandshops that I have spoken to have reported that the model is out of stock:sad:. If your dealer has it in stock, I'm sure you can push him for a higher discount as the model is being phased out. I think the price band of 50-55k for 42 inch & 85-90k for 50 inch is very much probable.

Naushad

Looks like V20 is the End of V series in 2D. G30 and U30 are the newer models for G20 and U20 Respectively of last year's 2D models.So can't exactly say these are the replacements of V20. Other model in V series is VT30 which is again a 3D model.

hifijay,

this might solve your doubt, i will ask the dealer about this too...

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for taking this forward. All the dealers & brandshops that I have spoken to have reported that the model is out of stock:sad:. If your dealer has it in stock, I'm sure you can push him for a higher discount as the model is being phased out. I think the price band of 50-55k for 42 inch & 85-90k for 50 inch is very much probable.

Naushad

HI Naushad, Nice to hear from you !
was wondering where you dissapeared ;)

I talked to the dealer(see the post), he kept on saying this already a Super discount price ! :lol: anyway he will ask Panasonic and revert tomorrow.
He also said that this is the top of the line Plasma from Panasonic, as we all know, so he knows people will buy ... still hope it comes down to the price you mentioned.

@ gauravraina

Thanks for taking out time to reach out to different dealers in Mumbai to try to get the best deal we can get on 42V20

Also it was nice speaking to you :)

@ others,

Till now the best quote we have got is of 59K INR although Gaurav is trying to see if the dealier can get us better deal by taking to Panasonic.

Also the dealer is trying to see if the delivery can be done via Panasonic to the cities other than Mumbai

So can you all re-confirm as to who all will be interested in group buy if the price is say around 59K INR?

Please reply asap, we need to know how many people form outside Mumbai would be interested at this price so that we can further talk to the dealer about delivery terms etc accordingly.

Regards,
Naren

^
I would be interested only if the price range is between 35-40k as suggested by OP, otherwise at this price range (59k) there are much better options available...

I am also not interested if the price more then 45k for the panny 42v20.
Between i am also being quoted the same price(59) for a single piece purchase. But they have limited stock(2 piece).

^
that (controversial) issue has been debated many times and I would not like to get into it again; both are good tv's providing exceptional picture quality and I am very satisfied with the sammy... price to picture quality is an important consideration in my purchase and also I like to upgrade every six months which is another factor in my purchase decision;

hi all...... just came across this thread.
first of all i am in for buying the 42 inch V20. just one question................... how are you guys going to finalise a price with dealers/brandshops/panasonic without an acual confirmation of the number of people who want to buy the TV.
Guys kindly update me with the latest ........
and one more thing...... im from Jalandhar, Punjab

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back