Panasonic V20 Owners Thread (Settings, Problems, Impressions, Questions)

Re: Optical Out setting for P50V20?

Guys!

Please help me the setting which provides best audio output to my digital amp/bookshelves via optical out on P50V20.

Right now, I just keep the TV volume to 0 and watching the TV audio via connected speakers.

Please advise!

Guys!

Please help me the setting which provides best audio output to my digital amp/bookshelves via optical out on P50V20.

Right now, I just keep the TV volume to 0 and watching the TV audio via connected speakers.

Please advise!

I am assuming you are connecting the Set top box to the speakers via amp/avr. If thats the case, that would be the best audio you could get.

I am assuming you are connecting the Set top box to the speakers via amp/avr. If thats the case, that would be the best audio you could get.

Nah. I have connected the TV to Amp via Optical Out. So Amp drives the speakers, with whatever audio feed provided by the TV.

STB and Media Player are connected to TV via HDMI.

Nah. I have connected the TV to Amp via Optical Out. So Amp drives the speakers, with whatever audio feed provided by the TV.

STB and Media Player are connected to TV via HDMI.

Are you answering your own question? :)

I think you already have the most logical setup by having SPDIF output from TV connected to your amplfier (I am assuming you have a good amplifier which can take digital (and has inbuit DAC).)

I use the FiiO D3 DAC with my Panasonic plasma since my Marantz stereo amplifier cannot take any digital signal.

I do not use any STB, btw.

Are you answering your own question? :)

Well, the query is NOT about the connection.

It is about the 'Sound' settings on the P50V20. Are there any settings on TV which I can tweak to supply best audio to the AMP?

How do you manage the TV speakers? Do you bring it to zero, when you use the AMP? Are there any settings which has been done on TV, specifically for AMP?

BTW, the AMP is FX-Audio d802c.

Well, I just mute the TV sound with the remote.
When my kid wants to watch, he does not switch on the amp and uses the TV speakers.
So this flexibility is convenient.
There are no settings in my TV for the sound - it is just a digital signal, right?

Well, the query is NOT about the connection.

It is about the 'Sound' settings on the P50V20. Are there any settings on TV which I can tweak to supply best audio to the AMP?

How do you manage the TV speakers? Do you bring it to zero, when you use the AMP? Are there any settings which has been done on TV, specifically for AMP?

BTW, the AMP is FX-Audio d802c.

In the sound menu, there is a PCM option if you are planning to use it in stereo mode. Check what works best for you.

In the sound menu, there is a PCM option if you are planning to use it in stereo mode. Check what works best for you.

How do we navigate to this PCM option?

'Stereo Mode' would be ideal coz am driving bookshelves with my Amp.

Dont have the TV in front of me, had read it in a UK forum, so need to check if our model which is v20d also has the setting.

AFAIK, there is no such option. If there is a way, please do let me know.

I will check once i reach home. BTW, why cant you connect the STB optical out to the amp as well as STB HDMI to the TV. Thats the way I have connected right now.

I will check once i reach home. BTW, why cant you connect the STB optical out to the amp as well as STB HDMI to the TV. Thats the way I have connected right now.

If I do that, would disconnect the media player feed played on the TV. Only STB would have access to the speakers.

The present configuration takes care of connecting the speakers, to whatever played on the TV.

Hello Friends,

My Panasonic V20 died today ,

Issue: When TV is powered on thepower led flashes 4 times.
I have contacted Panasonic service centre the technician informed that the SC-BOARD is defective and needs to be replaced & the part has to be ordered from Japan.

He did not gaurentee part availability and cost associated.

I hope someone in this forum can tell me what can be a ballpark cost for this repair and alternatives if the part is unavailable.

I love this television for its PQ don't want to let go of it.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Today my TV fluctuate between this and normal. Also power switching automatically. Any clues?
84968f9dce31bdea9c7c57b6b91b5234.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Internet setting problem: Panasonic plasma GT series.
Recently I am facing the problem of internet setup in my Panasonic GT-50 plasma. The problem is, the TV does not detect any WiFi network unless it is reset to factory setting. When the internet is set up after the factory reset, the internet is set up and works fine but the setting erases once the TV is put off.
Can I get some help?

My panasonic plasma P42V20D is restarting in intervals for few secs... but for the few seconds that it is coming on there is perfect picture and sound. What can the problem be .. can anyone suggest.

Internet setting problem: Panasonic plasma GT series.
Recently I am facing the problem of internet setup in my Panasonic GT-50 plasma. The problem is, the TV does not detect any WiFi network unless it is reset to factory setting. When the internet is set up after the factory reset, the internet is set up and works fine but the setting erases once the TV is put off.
Can I get some help?
Try this : Remove the USB drive inserted into the USB socket and recycle the power. Now reset internet settings and save. Use another slot for USB.
Hope this should solve the problem.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back