Panasonic V20 Owners Thread (Settings, Problems, Impressions, Questions)

watched AVATAR blu ray on 50v20..PQ was amazing..good depth..
but there was significant motion issue..I kept intelligent frame creation off..
should I keep it on?
do you people find it common?

It definitely works on news channels with scrolling stock/news ticker. The difference is clearly noticable. On HD material it does not work well though.
EDIT: thats for vt20 but should be similar in V20.

It was with 100% HD material..It was very prominent in some scenes and very irritating..
however I have no problem with news channels..
any solution?

Hey, can somebody send the screenshots of the PS3 settings that they are using which works with the VT20 TV. That would be a big help to others who are trying to get the real time transcoding working.

Guys, need help! I'm getting two green semi-transparent vertical bands (around 3'' wide) on my screen. Got it checked by Panasonic, first engineer said that it is a panel issue and cannot be fixed so the set would be replaced with a new one and he will come over later for taking pics. Few days later, after follow up, the second engineer came over, took pics and reiterated that it cannot be repaired and that I will get a replacement from Panasonic.
A week after that I got a call from their repair centre and they now want to carry back my plasma to repair center for repair. I am totally baffled with their contradictory remarks?!? Has anyone faced this issue with their plasma?? Thanks!

Guys, need help! I'm getting two green semi-transparent vertical bands (around 3'' wide) on my screen. Got it checked by Panasonic, first engineer said that it is a panel issue and cannot be fixed so the set would be replaced with a new one and he will come over later for taking pics. Few days later, after follow up, the second engineer came over, took pics and reiterated that it cannot be repaired and that I will get a replacement from Panasonic.
A week after that I got a call from their repair centre and they now want to carry back my plasma to repair center for repair. I am totally baffled with their contradictory remarks?!? Has anyone faced this issue with their plasma?? Thanks!

Mostly it will be to replace the panel (and hence to "repair" the TV). If you ask them it should be clear.

Service centre is not ready to disclose the details of the "repair" and now they want to pick up my plasma on auto rickshaw... :mad: I denied outright and have been waiting for a call from them since.. Today I escalated the issue to Panasonic's regional manager; waiting for his response..

I am trying to connect my Sony Laptop to 42V20 via HDMI. No luck so far. Any settings i am missing? What resolution and frequency I should set @ display card ?

Not too long ago I had the chance to click some pics of the innards of a P42V20D. Since it is not something you get to see everyday I thought it might be interesting.
671311521923d60bdde2z.jpg

Here is the link to the album

Last edited:
Re: Best Settings?

Please provide the best settings for SD Channels and also HD Channels on P50V20.
No specific settings may be suitable to you. I recommend that you callibrate your TV based on the normal ambient conditions - one for daytime viewing and one for nighttime viewing.

1. Use the DVD version of the following download: http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration
2. Burn it on DVD and play it using a BDP/DVDP (preferably upscaling DVDP).
3. Adjust for the black levels and white levels for the daytime conditions. Save this settings - to say Normal
4. Repeat adjustments for the black levels and white levels for the nighttime conditions. Save this settings - to say Cinema.

This is what I have done. HTH.

Please provide the best settings for SD Channels and also HD Channels on P50V20.

Agree with what just4kix says. Use Professional 1 and Professional 2 for day and night settings or HD and SD settings (depending on your usage) post the burn-in period. I will share my settings, keep tweaking if you want to using callibration slides or disks if you have one.

4. Repeat adjustments for the black levels and white levels for the nighttime conditions. Save this settings - to say Cinema.

This is what I have done. HTH.

In the v20D, you cannot do this. There are two special modes - Professional 1 and Professional 2 which let you change a lot more settings. You cant copy them to Cinema or any other standard setting.

OK. I was not aware. :eek: In my ST50, I can change settings of all factory presets. So I thought you could do the same with V20.

OK. I was not aware. :eek: In my ST50, I can change settings of all factory presets. So I thought you could do the same with V20.

Sorry, I should have been specific. The advanced modes allow for special corrections like gamma and s-curve which are not available in the other modes so those settings cannot be copied (I think, atleast not visible).

I write this at office from my memory.

I used a Disney WoW disk. My picture is now very satisfactory. Identical model.

Contract +65
Color 40
Brightness +3
Sharpness +4
Gamma 2.0

All others are in the middle or zero (i.e no adjustments)

Please use Professional 1 or 2 like they said (You need to enable advanced settings on before accessing Gamma settings).

Please check this and let me know how you feel..

Also you need to disable Frame smoothing and all other "improvements".

My Power saving mode is off (it automatically adjusts brightness which is not good for identical picture)

My model was bought in Feb 2010 from Chroma. You need to burn atleast 400 to 500 hours before the picture improves and settles down (My perception)

Last edited:
Professional 2

Contrast +34
Brightness +5
Colour 38
Sharpness 0
Econ Mode - 0
Tint - 0
P-NR off
Panel on
Gamma - Scurve

Hope it helps.

Can anyone suggest good calibration discs for the V20D model? The blacks continue to be outstanding but some other aspects like face / skin color seems to have some mild glows along with the overall color balance I think can be improved, I view it in cinema mode mostly.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back