Panasonic V20 Owners Thread (Settings, Problems, Impressions, Questions)

I have been quoted Rs. 102,000 for P50V20D, Rs. 68,000 for P42V20 and Rs. 66,000 for P50U20D from the Panasonic Brand Shop in Pune (Baner Road). Blacks in V models are definitely superior. TataSky HD looks at par on V and U models.

The Samsung Brand shop had only one model to display, a 42". I think it was C450 as that salesman said that it was not Full-HD. I asked the salesman about Series 5, 6, 7, etc. He said, "Series 5, 6, 7 applies to LCD/LED only and not to plasma". What a moron!

I have not been able to decide as yet.

I paid 59k in feb this year for pany 42v20d without any exchange,
No doubt the price quoted for u is high.

As i mentioned earlier the TS STB itself doesn't have that as a feature, if it can be included as a firmware update for basic functions like channel switching and volume control then it would be good. ...

Thanks Manu hopefully TS will include in future upgrades

guys, i need to but a 40 to 50 inch TV. Not decided on LCD or Plasma...If its a plasma, then it has to be a pana V20, but i have my apprehensions on a Plasma. My budget is upto 60k

My 80% usage will be to run SD content....Lot of news channels too, and these news channels have a text scroller, which is static except for the text. Plasmas dont recommend static displays, would plasma be a good bet for me?

other 20% would be connecting the display to laptop and watch movies.

Has anyone tried a Netgear Wifi dongle with this TV?:licklips: If so which one and for how much?

Has anyone tried a Netgear Wifi dongle with this TV?:licklips: If so which one and for how much?

I have not tried it but it's available in hyd @ 3500/-, it didn't seem it's worth it so I hooked up to my pc using cross cable at 50/- :) ( note my pc connects to Internet through wifi so Ethernet port was unused)

Dlna works great I can watch movies, music, pictures etc...but hd content is not great as seen directly thru bd/ played thru pc.

Guys,
After taking multiple rounds of trips to the digital stores, gaining a lot of internet gyaan and comparing various models I finally bought this model yesterday for 60k and I must say its a treat to watch the movies in this TV.
I have a tata sky SD setup box and normal TV viewing is okiesh (other TVs of same spec are worse) but when viewing HD/BD content it makes you watch the content till dawn :) :)
I must thank all members of this forum for helping me get to this beauty.
-Sandy

Guys,
After taking multiple rounds of trips to the digital stores, gaining a lot of internet gyaan and comparing various models I finally bought this model yesterday for 60k and I must say its a treat to watch the movies in this TV.
I have a tata sky SD setup box and normal TV viewing is okiesh (other TVs of same spec are worse) but when viewing HD/BD content it makes you watch the content till dawn :) :)
I must thank all members of this forum for helping me get to this beauty.
-Sandy

Congrats on ur toy :)
Hope u got a good digital stabilizer for the TV , that should be on on priority.
Try to keep the contrast below 50 for first 200 hours so that the Plasma ages nicely, not mandatory though ....

Hello Manu,

Thanks !!

Can you please provide some info related to which brand and what technical details I should look for while buying the stabilizer and which one is the best for this TV and also price range ?

-Sandy

Hello Manu,

Thanks !!

Can you please provide some info related to which brand and what technical details I should look for while buying the stabilizer and which one is the best for this TV and also price range ?

-Sandy
Buy a 500W rated stabilizer of a known/reputed brand.

Hello Manu,

Thanks !!

-Sandy

I am using a VG Crystal Plus ( from Vgaurd) with my V20, i also have my PS3 connected to it. You should look at something around 3 amps if u are planning to connect any other sensitive device to the stabilizer along with ur Plasma. My suggestion, go with VG Crystal Plus, i also have a spike buster (GM Brand) running from my wall outlet and my stabilizer is connected to the spike buster, its convenient for connecting other small equipment.

Last edited:
Thank You all..

Got the VG Crystal Stabilizer yesterday and connected it to the plasma.
For the sake of curiosity I checked the number of viewing hours yesterday and found that its close to 380 and count is around 400 ... When I tried to check if the box was tampered with I could not find any suspicious points and the box was neatly packed and was opened before me. There were no finger impressions or dust on any parts of the TV, I am not sure If a brand new TV can have this high usage hours and since there is no trace of any malpractice I don't have any proof to ask the dealer about it also. Anyone ever heared of such high number of viewing hours in a brand new box packed TV?

-Sandy

Thank You all..

Got the VG Crystal Stabilizer yesterday and connected it to the plasma.
For the sake of curiosity I checked the number of viewing hours yesterday and found that its close to 380 and count is around 400 ... When I tried to check if the box was tampered with I could not find any suspicious points and the box was neatly packed and was opened before me. There were no finger impressions or dust on any parts of the TV, I am not sure If a brand new TV can have this high usage hours and since there is no trace of any malpractice I don't have any proof to ask the dealer about it also. Anyone ever heared of such high number of viewing hours in a brand new box packed TV?

-Sandy

No. You have been royally cheated. It can't show 380 hours. It should show less than one hour.

What if the dealer uses the magik reset button to 0 for both hours on a diff peice and send it as replacement :rolleyes: , is there a way to findout .....

Not sure if its really possible to reset these values but since I bought it from Pana Brand Shop they can do it easily if its possible :). So to avoid getting an worse piece better to avoid asking for replacement. As such these sets are now phased out and we may not have the best of pieces available :( .

Hi,

I have been using V20D for almost an year. I have kep TV on stand which 1.5 feet hight. I would like to protect this from my kid who is attacted by plasma panel to see the reflction. I would like know the plasma panel is scrath proof.?

Regards
Nag

i'm also about 2 purchase a 51"plasma, can i know how good 'kid proof" can the plasmas be? ( i'm also most probably NOT going to wall mount, but gonna keep on the stand at just the eye level,approx 1.5-2ft & we have two very active growing kids at home)

hope the adopter will be you & u will surely get to know how great kid activity is!....oh bad u have got a plasma too...hope that it's not installed at eye level! :p

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back