Panasonic V20 Owners Thread (Settings, Problems, Impressions, Questions)

hello anyone? am i d only person in this forum with this defect?

I do not have this problem. Mine is 42".

To exaggerate the poor quality, every Panasonic (may be true with others as well) plasma could have one or the other defect due to their poor quality for India.

The first thing that the service guy would tell you is "It is normal in Plasma TVs". If you insists him that it is normal, then he would he's going to check in other TV and would comeback to you. After couple of days he would call you and say, sir it is there in all TVs.

I do not have this problem. Mine is 42".

To exaggerate the poor quality, every Panasonic (may be true with others as well) plasma could have one or the other defect due to their poor quality for India.

The first thing that the service guy would tell you is "It is normal in Plasma TVs". If you insists him that it is normal, then he would he's going to check in other TV and would comeback to you. After couple of days he would call you and say, sir it is there in all TVs.

thanks for the reply service guy came today within 24 hrs i showed him the problem he tried resetting the TV but nothing happened also self check mode but all was ok and he said he never came across such problem! he said defects like vertical lines and shadows are common problems most of the time but this was confusing. he said replacement wld be possible. but as far as i know its 21 days since i got the TV, replacement is possible within 15 days with all electronics isnt it? lets see he will give me a call tomo! he also told me they never replace the panel of the TV.

my friend wanted to buy a lappy in chroma and 42v20 was there, i watched the tv for around 45min and did not find any problem like mine even checked x20 no such problem.

Last edited:
Final Price Pana P42V20D is 60K....in Bangalore...

This is all inclusive......

Hi Can you please tell me where was this price in Bengaluru? Since I am looking this TV from couple of months but no body coming less 66K with out exchange! Even in Girias, Panasonic Brand shops as well.

If you tell where did get this price so that I can check there and book today itself!

Regards,

Hi Can you please tell me where was this price in Bengaluru? Since I am looking this TV from couple of months but no body coming less 66K with out exchange! Even in Girias, Panasonic Brand shops as well.

If you tell where did get this price so that I can check there and book today itself!

Regards,

i think u shld wait for next year, 2011 series will be better. 50v20 did not impress me that much issues like image banding, floating blacks, uneven brightness, sad usb support with video files, irritating remote. at this price point this tv aint worth it. wait for 2011 is my suggestion. cheers

i think u shld wait for next year, 2011 series will be better. 50v20 did not impress me that much issues like image banding, floating blacks, uneven brightness, sad usb support with video files, irritating remote. at this price point this tv aint worth it. wait for 2011 is my suggestion. cheers

Hi,

If you say that if all we have to wait for next year it what time we may have to wait.. probably till Q1? I not sure when 2011 series will be released to the market..

At the same time most of the HFV members are given very good remark on this model right? So what would be the other issues?

Regards.

I bought 42V20D last week and unable to find 'Advanced Settings' option in True Cinema mode.

Can somebody help me with this please? Also the manual describes professional1 and professional2 profiles etc. How do I access them/ change the pins etc?

BTW I got it for 60K @Kohinoor.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

I just happened to inquire the price at Croma in Koramangala (next to Forum) last Sunday just put of curiosity (i already picked mine last month). The sales guy mentioned 62.5k for the 42 inch set, although there's a waiting period of one or two days.

Some folks did manage to get it in the price range of 61- 62k in Bangalore but that was because Panasonic dint have a strict pricing system in place, they have got their act together and are very strict on pricing now.

I would say head to Croma and pick up the set if your are sure about it...;)

Hi,

If you say that if all we have to wait for next year it what time we may have to wait.. probably till Q1? I not sure when 2011 series will be released to the market..

At the same time most of the HFV members are given very good remark on this model right? So what would be the other issues?

Regards.

i think by march/april new models will come! i have a defective piece and they r still trying to understand whats wrong with the TV. i think service people only know how to reset and put on self ckh! and take pictures. only if u explain them the problem properly u have to make them believe and understand its a problem if u fail doing it then its considered as "NORMAL" means TV don't have any problem! bad after sales service. these were the only issues which i observed that's y waiting for new years model will be beneficial. u can goggle for more issues if u r searching for them.

but PQ is great. the second best in india, VT series tops it! and this TV is sold in india with G20 panel its not Truly V20 TV. and more costly than original V20!

I bought 42V20D last week and unable to find 'Advanced Settings' option in True Cinema mode.

Can somebody help me with this please? Also the manual describes professional1 and professional2 profiles etc. How do I access them/ change the pins etc?

BTW I got it for 60K @Kohinoor.
Thanks in advance.

GO in setup there turn on ifcc but this has a issue u may come across lots of judders on 50hz input.

The store is Raghuchandra Enterprises. It is on your right when you are travelling from Indra park towards RTC cross roads. You have to go past Ashok nagar x-roads. It is a small shop and doesn't have most models on display. They get it on demand. He did not offer the same price for my friend. My friend paid 1000 more. I got the price through a common friend.

Hello Guys!!!!

Good news that, I have got this Plasma today!!!!:yahoo::yahoo: I got the price in Bengaluru of Rs. 66000/- I brought this from the Panasonic Brand Shop in Rajajinagara area. Even I inquired in couple of other dealers they does not have this model, but in the Giriyas even they coated the same price. So I went with Brand Shop.

With respect to the Video clarity wise still I have to check. Since I have STB of normal cable connection which provides Digital signal. In that it quiet good. And even I checked with clarity on my DVD collections, since I have Philips DVD player which has normal outputs, so I did not find much clarity on the DVD's.

Can you guys please tell me how could I get better picture quality in normal DVD output. Since still I am not in condition to go for Bluray player. So, it will be good if I can get good picture quality from normal DVD player.

And one more issue what if found was even when I played 16:9 ratio DVD still I am getting Black Bars at top and bottom. I have set the DVD also to the 16:9 ratio. :mad: I played Titanic Original DVD even that also coming in the same way. Can some bod tell me how I get rid of these bars from the screens?

Thank you all who all shared their feedback on this TV and help me to chose this.

Regards!!

Its due to the aspect ratio of the film that ur watchin. Some movies are shot in a wider aspect ratio and so u see the black bars.
If u wanna get rid of them, press the aspect ratio button on the TV remote and select Zoom 1 setting.

Hello Guys!!!!

And one more issue what if found was even when I played 16:9 ratio DVD still I am getting Black Bars at top and bottom. I have set the DVD also to the 16:9 ratio. :mad: I played Titanic Original DVD even that also coming in the same way. Can some bod tell me how I get rid of these bars from the screens?

Thank you all who all shared their feedback on this TV and help me to chose this.

Regards!!

thanks for the reply service guy came today within 24 hrs i showed him the problem he tried resetting the TV but nothing happened also self check mode but all was ok and he said he never came across such problem! he said defects like vertical lines and shadows are common problems most of the time but this was confusing. he said replacement wld be possible. but as far as i know its 21 days since i got the TV, replacement is possible within 15 days with all electronics isnt it? lets see he will give me a call tomo! he also told me they never replace the panel of the TV.

my friend wanted to buy a lappy in chroma and 42v20 was there, i watched the tv for around 45min and did not find any problem like mine even checked x20 no such problem.

So finally what happened to your TV??

Is the V20 about to be discontinued?
On trying to source one in Cochin, the response was that there was no stock and that the model would be discontinued soon. Any truth to this? The store is instead suggesting Samsung c430/540 plasma.

On trying to source one in Cochin, the response was that there was no stock and that the model would be discontinued soon. Any truth to this? The store is instead suggesting Samsung c430/540 plasma.

Thats probably a lame attempt by the dealer to make u pick the sammy set, most likely he gets more commission on that. My suggestion if u really liked the V20 try other Panny dealers and source it. The V20 should be available for another couple of months for sure.....

This is common practice by dealers to get you to buy stuff which they want to clear off or ones where they make most profits\commissions, my friend recently went through something like this when he wanted to pick the base model of a Ford car which the dealer said Ford stopped manufacturing but was listed on the Ford website. He called up Ford and asked them :lol: and they said they had no such plans, my friend calls up the dealers asks him to send a mail and suddenly out of the blue they accept the booking for a model which was supposedly discontinued .

Call up Panasonic and chk, their regional office is in Chennai you will get the correct picture ...;)

Last edited:

Its available in bangalore. :)

manu, thanks. I had checked right then on the website, it was still listed. Getting it seems to be an uphill task.

Kittu, any particular store in Bangalore?

Btw, how do the particular Sammy plasmas compare to the V20?

Back