Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

PEQ is simple. Just flip the PEQ switch to On and rotate the frequency knob and set it at the frequency where you wish to increase or decrease the volume. You can select between 20Hz to 80Hz. Then we have the Gain know using which you can either increase the selected frequency's volume upto 3db or decrease upto 12db. The final knob is Bandwidth. If you keep it at minimum then it will only affect that frequency, but if you increase the knob then it will affect the frequency around the set frequency as well.View attachment 51713

Hope this helps

You have one great sub. Take your time to fine tune the sub and the final result will be amazing. As I too own a rythmik, I know its qualities.
Thanks ac100, this itself will take some time to sink in :D . Anthem (ARC) has Quick measure feature where in one would be able to see the graphs while playing around with the placements in real time. I still have to get LCR and a pair of in- ceilings. I think that with PEQ on and by fiddling around with the knobs I should be able to see the real time response. Would that be the right way to do it or would I have to play with PEQ once the sub spot is final (not that I have many placement options anyways).

What I gather is that with LFE, the AVR would take care of the cross over (XO) and with a Y splitter into the other pair of inputs I would have to set the XO on the sub itself. Now this begs the questions whether the AVR XO setting is in effect or should it also be set the same as the physical knob setting at the sub?

My room is a touch bass heavy and I don't listen at reference levels, so I am thinking that it would be better running the sub in sealed mode with the port bung in the right port. I do like to crank up a bit for music though. Looking forward to all your feedback. Thank Stay Safe.

What I gather is that with LFE, the AVR would take care of the cross over (XO) and with a Y splitter into the other pair of inputs I would have to set the XO on the sub itself. Now this begs the questions whether the AVR XO setting is in effect or should it also be set the same as the physical knob setting at the sub?
My thoughts: Line-In may (ideally) be used with Stereo sources and may be also "Pure Direct" mode in AVR which will ensure the bass control of AVR is off. That way you could do the bass mgmt in the sub, i.e sub crossover should be 10hz above your speakers starting point.

+1 to this point. In my last two years of the HT journey I have heard many subs and also tried different subwoofers at my place. Coming to a conclusion of a subwoofer performance based on showroom demo is one of the worst method. Different room, different setup. It may sound good in audition but bad in our set up and vice versa.
@prateekatasniya & @Love4sound

I too agree . But how to make decision ?. Unfortunately we don't have satisfaction warranty like in US . Also There's no home demoavailable for Subs. If we have to rely on reviews also does not satisfy us after purchased the product. Subs are expensive , so need to at least satisfy us 70% if not 100% .That we can at least would be able to check with audition or demo i guess .

By the way how is 15" Rythemic Sub ? Any advantage going over 12 " sub . I guess bigger sub can go more deeper && louder.

Last edited:
@prateekatasniya & @Love4sound

I too agree . But how to make decision ?. Unfortunately we don't have satisfaction warranty like in US . Also There's no home demoavailable for Subs. If we have to rely on reviews also does not satisfy us after purchased the product. Subs are expensive , so need to at least satisfy us 70% if not 100% .That we can at least would be able to check with audition or demo i guess .

By the way how is 15" Rythemic Sub ? Any advantage going over 12 " sub . I guess bigger sub can go more deeper && louder.
Yeah true. Home demo some dealers do provide to regular customers. Subs like pb3000 should give you deep and loud bass.

Pardon my ignorance, but here it goes anyways...........Let's assume an AVR has 2 sub outs, which could be independent or parallel and one wishes to watch movies and listen to 2.1 frequently. Is there a workaround to use both these sub outputs from AVR with a single Rythmik sub, say by connecting one AVR out with sub LFE and other AVR out to sub line in?

If not then I guess one would have to physically swap the wires. I hope you get what I mean, I may not be thinking clearly here so please bear with me.

Let's assume an AVR has 2 sub outs, which could be independent or parallel and one wishes to watch movies and listen to 2.1 frequently. Is there a workaround to use both these sub outputs from AVR with a single Rythmik sub, say by connecting one AVR out with sub LFE and other AVR out to sub line in?
I am trying to find an answer to this - whether the LFE-In and Line-In of a rythmik can be connected at the same time or should only one of them be connected? If both are connected, which will take precedence?

I am trying to find an answer to this - whether the LFE-In and Line-In of a rythmik can be connected at the same time or should only one of them be connected? If both are connected, which will take precedence?
That makes 2 of us. I was thinking in the line of some kind of external switch ( if it is worth the hassle). 2 sub cables from AVR......Switch........ Sub LFE and Line in.

Can't we just use one Y cable and connect line in? How or is there going to be any difference when compared to just connecting the LFE alone?

I have the F12SE A370PEQ3 model hooked up to Denon X3600 AVR, I have a few queries:
a) Power switch in AUTO means Surge limiter is also ON. Is this right?
b) Rumble filter ON means sub will go very low in frequency and OFF means it will ignore some low bass even if present in the signal. Is this the right interpretation or is the reverse true?
c) My AVR has pre-outs and sub out. Should I hook up the AVR-preouts to sub-Line-In or the AVR-sub-out to sub-LFE-In? I guess I shd use the LFE-in for HT and Line-In for Stereo. Is this right? How about using bi-amp feature of AVR and connect to sub-High-Level-in?
d) Will there be any issue if I connect both Line-In and LFE-In from AVR to sub and run the AVR and sub? Should I connect only one of them to the sub at any given time?
e) I guess the following settings may be applicable for most content, please comment?
HT: LFE-In, Rumble ON, Freq 28/Low damping, AVR/12, PEQ on and adjust as per taste. (Phase, crossover not applicable for LFE-In)
St: Line-in, Rumble OFF, Freq/14/High damping, 80Hz/24 for small LR speakers, PEQ on and as per taste, Crossover at 80hz, Phase as per
integration
* When the power switch is in auto, the sub will goto standby automatically if no audio signal is received by the sub for a certain amount of time.
* Rumble filter will restrict the frequency below 10hz (I dont remember the exact value though). It was introduced especially to prevent the sub from over excurtion in loud low frequency scenen like the Edge of Tomorrow opening scene.
* Sub out is the best option.
* High damping will make the sub sound like a sealed sub and low damping will sound better for movies.
My Dual subwoofer setup (A Rythmik sub and a XTZ) Frequency Response. The red line is with Audyssey XT32 at Reference and the Green line is with Audyssey XT32 at L/R Bypass. I prefer L/R Bypass more. I could feel the gunshots on my cheast and low bass is also so good. Kick drums are so good. Bass is so good. All this is possible only due to MiniDSP and UMIK-1. Has a lot of head room too. I could have pushed the subs another 10+ db easily. This graph was taken with my subs 6db hot.

Rythmik and XTZ graph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody owning 15" Rythemic Sub from bangalore . Please PM me.
Just wanted to get opinion and if possible demo.

Thanks
Search FV15HP or other 15 inch model in search option and look into result. From the result you can infer the FM who has 15 inch subwoofer.

Anybody owning 15" Rythemic Sub from bangalore . Please PM me.
Just wanted to get opinion and if possible demo.

Thanks
I am not from Bangalore so can't offer a demo. I have FV15HP (have three subs, dual PB2000s and this one), purchased blindly based on international reviews. Trust me, if you can afford go for it.

I am not from Bangalore so can't offer a demo. I have FV15HP (have three subs, dual PB2000s and this one), purchased blindly based on international reviews. Trust me, if you can afford go for it.
Thanks kiran.
My room size is 16x10 . Would it be overkill for my room size ?. Or 12" rythemic would be sufficient?. Also it should blend well with our speaker package too.

Thanks kiran.
My room size is 16x10 . Would it be overkill for my room size ?. Or 12" rythemic would be sufficient?. Also it should blend well with our speaker package too.
If you can afford it then 15" is the way to go. I too have Rythmik sub. They are very good subs. very musical and also powerful and articulated. Very tight and can dig deep. If properly tuned, this sub will stun you.

That makes 2 of us. I was thinking in the line of some kind of external switch ( if it is worth the hassle). 2 sub cables from AVR......Switch........ Sub LFE and Line in.

Can't we just use one Y cable and connect line in? How or is there going to be any difference when compared to just connecting the LFE alone?
the below frequency response is for FV15HP from the Rythmik official website. As you can see, its advisable to use the LFE.
Frequency Response 12 - 200 Hz (-2 dB @ 17 Hz, -6db@12hz) with LFE input
12 - 90 Hz ((-2 dB @ 17 Hz, -6db@12hz) with LINE IN input

My Dual subwoofer setup (A Rythmik sub and a XTZ) Frequency Response. The red line is with Audyssey XT32 at Reference and the Green line is with Audyssey XT32 at L/R Bypass. I prefer L/R Bypass more. I could feel the gunshots on my cheast and low bass is also so good. Kick drums are so good. Bass is so good. All this is possible only due to MiniDSP and UMIK-1. Has a lot of head room too. I could have pushed the subs another 10+ db easily. This graph was taken with my subs 6db hot.

View attachment 51897
Where have you purchased umik? Please let me know

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back