Samsung Frame 2020 as a viable mid-range alternative

Marakk

While still not being good enough to compete with FALD sets, let alone OLED, the 2020 version of Samsung's Frame TV has great native contrast and decent brightness for HDR, only disappointing part being that 2% window is half the brightness of 10%, which is quite puzzling as this is expected from FALD sets with limited zones, but a set without one having such a drop is unusual. Anyway, it still might be an in-built mechanism to prevent blacks from rising too much when displaying small, bright content on the screen.

Nonethless, this year it seems like The Frame should definitely be a superior option to cheaper offerings, as long as it's priced at least 15-20% lower than FALD sets.

Hi there, Good evening,
I am listing some of the viable options for my new tv purchase which includes above one. I am not too technical guy but within 1 lac, I have listed frame , lg nano cell , would be great if u have some suggestions within 1lac, I have not done any demo till now.planning to buy within 2 months time
Thanks for your help.

What size? You can try getting an LG B9 under one lac or close to it if you want a 55-inch TV.

Frame 2019 isn't that good at all. Avoid. LG Nano Cell is IPS and even the highest model has bad blooming inspite of FALD. Not a good choice for dark, dim rooms at all.

Look at X950G too. That's better than LG Nano Hell.

Thanks @Marakk for prompt reply , I am looking for 55" , And mostly tv will be deployed in my living room which will see ample daylight during day time.
X950G seems to be costly , showing 1.34lac on flipkart, so is B9 . I am loyal customer of Sony, since my current TV is Sony and has been there for 10 yrs almost with no issue till date. I do see your other thread but it seems all the TV discussed there is beyond my budget And hence wanted to start thread unless I saw this thread. Let me know if is it ok to discuss it here , or I will create one.
Thanks

You can wait for 2020 Frame then. It's your best option. Btw, retailers offer cheaper prices than online. Call them and bargain. X950G should definitely be available for less than a lac or that much. People for C9 for 1.15-1.25l during the diwali period.

if that's the case, I can wait till diwali
So as of now it stands like
c9(diwali)> 9500g>frame(2020)
Can't Thanks enough...Will start check-in stores as well.

Make it CX on diwali, X950H (or X9500H, whatever Sony calls it here) and Frame 2020. If any new model that's good, for example by Hisense, gets launched, I'll update this thread for you.

While still not being good enough to compete with FALD sets, let alone OLED, the 2020 version of Samsung's Frame TV has great native contrast and decent brightness for HDR, only disappointing part being that 2% window is half the brightness of 10%, which is quite puzzling as this is expected from FALD sets with limited zones, but a set without one having such a drop is unusual. Anyway, it still might be an in-built mechanism to prevent blacks from rising too much when displaying small, bright content on the screen.

Nonethless, this year it seems like The Frame should definitely be a superior option to cheaper offerings, as long as it's priced at least 15-20% lower than FALD sets.

QLED, 120Hz, One connect box, superior build..
Looks like it could be priced @ 1L+

if that's the case, I can wait till diwali
So as of now it stands like
c9(diwali)> 9500g>frame(2020)
Can't Thanks enough...Will start check-in stores as well.
Wait till July end or August you will get sony around 1-1.1 lac also B9 and C9 will be at the lowest price Once 2020 lineup is launched.TVs are at best value in diwali of current year else July-August next year when the New modesl comes.

Also Dont check prices on Flipkar-Amazon the offline prices are much lower always in india.specially for high end tvs

Thanks @Marakk for prompt reply , I am looking for 55" , And mostly tv will be deployed in my living room which will see ample daylight during day time.
X950G seems to be costly , showing 1.34lac on flipkart, so is B9 . I am loyal customer of Sony, since my current TV is Sony and has been there for 10 yrs almost with no issue till date. I do see your other thread but it seems all the TV discussed there is beyond my budget And hence wanted to start thread unless I saw this thread. Let me know if is it ok to discuss it here , or I will create one.
Thanks

X950G is 1.1lac on Amazon. I am sure it would be close to 1lac if you visit the store.

Sony has launched X75H, have a look at it.
Not sure what's wrong with sony.
Why aren't they launching the smaller sizes like 55" and 65"
Sony india on social media isn't giving any useful info too.
I'm desperately waiting for 55" 95H to be available

After 20% discount, prices sure seem good for a mid-range TV with decent HDR performance and high native contrast.
I am looking to upgrade from my plasma to a 55 inch led.
What do you think will be the better choice.
This frame 2020 @ 85K
Or
Q70R @ 87.5K
Btw, I don't care about the one connect box.

I am looking to upgrade from my plasma to a 55 inch led.
What do you think will be the better choice.
This frame 2020 @ 85K
Or
Q70R @ 87.5K
Btw, I don't care about the one connect box.

Q70R definitely.. It's brighter and has FALD...
Advantage of Frame 2020 over Q70R is it has eARC port and oneconnect box..

But a brighter panel with FALD is definitely more worth.. so get Q70R

Q70R definitely.. It's brighter and has FALD...
Advantage of Frame 2020 over Q70R is it has eARC port and oneconnect box..

But a brighter panel with FALD is definitely more worth.. so get Q70R

One related question, I got the following quotes:
Sony 65 inch X95G at 1.53
Samsung 65 inch Q70R at 1.57

Between the two, what is a better option?. Thanks.

One related question, I got the following quotes:
Sony 65 inch X95G at 1.53
Samsung 65 inch Q70R at 1.57

Between the two, what is a better option?. Thanks.

I might be mixing up. I think I was given a quote of 1.57 for 65 inch Q60R (and not Q70R).

So is it correct to say that

Q60R < X95G < Q70R (interms of performance?)

I have seen sony ,and it's colour are more natural than samsung.although sometimes demo clip in the showroom may glitter in case samsung but believe me it is not gold.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back