SVS Subwoofer Group Buy: In Need of Serious SVS Subwoofer Buyer

Hello guys , I just joined this forum as I am looking for my very first home theatre setup, I would like to get a sealed sub from Svs in this group buy, can you please add me to the whatsapp group. My mobile number is 9041319039 . also I live in Chandigarh. Will the dealer ship it to Chandigarh ??? I am considering sb-1000 or sb-2000. But I don't know the price for these after discount

Hi guys,

No additional discounts even we increase in numbers. Still anyone is interested in this deal can ping me at 9833912380, we will add u to our whats up grp, where we ve so many genuine buyers. But no TP please.

Regards,
KRC

i have been inquiring for the pb2000 since march... the agent keeps saying its not yet available...

i am in for the pb2000

Hi,

The HT store is known by most FMS. Not sure if the prices are reasonable or high.

There are many subs available, since u r based in Mumbai, audition and decide...

A couple of days back a fellow member sold a SunFire sub....these are good deals like this available....check for sale by owner or hi fi ads....

There are many subs available, since u r based in Mumbai, audition and decide.....

Alliance4 in Goregaon keep SVS subs.Demo can be possible.

I thought Alliance4 only stocked REL.

The budget I have allocated is about $1000 (Rs. 70000). The space I have is 50cm (H) x 40cm (W) x 45cm (D). The application is not critical. The best fit option from SVS is the SB2000 (14" cube). The other SVS subs are a little too big.

A small part of me is thinking of going DIY. If only I could find a way to get a nice plate amp and subwoofer. For under Rs. 50,000 one could build a nice sub. I see a lot of good stuff on sale at PE.
Bash 500S Digital Subwoofer Plate Amplifier 500W RMS
TC Sounds LMS-R 12" DVC Subwoofer
(DIYers don't touch the Yung Amps, I got 3 and all 3 died. They don't like to be turned on with the music on).

Last edited:
I could demo 4 SVS subs back to back same day at alliance few months earlier.Now don,t know if they still have all in display.

I thought Alliance4 only stocked REL.

The budget I have allocated is about $1000 (Rs. 70000). The space I have is 50cm (H) x 40cm (W) x 45cm (D). The application is not critical. The best fit option from SVS is the SB2000 (14" cube). The other SVS subs are a little too big.

A small part of me is thinking of going DIY. If only I could find a way to get a nice plate amp and subwoofer. For under Rs. 50,000 one could build a nice sub. I see a lot of good stuff on sale at PE.
Bash 500S Digital Subwoofer Plate Amplifier 500W RMS
TC Sounds LMS-R 12" DVC Subwoofer
(DIYers don't touch the Yung Amps, I got 3 and all 3 died. They don't like to be turned on with the music on).

Navin

i made a ( semi ) DiY sub some time back. It is a sealed unit. I used a Hypex plate amp and a dayton driver ( the last one from diyaudiocart ).

IMO - if the SB2000 does it for you, then go for it. A decently built DiY sub wont cost less than 50K - all things considered. If your room size is small - then look at the SB1000. But most important - look at the connections on the panel of the plate amp - if they are good enough for your use. I found SB1000 doesnt have high level inputs. But that need not be a show stopper for others.

i made a ( semi ) DiY sub some time back. It is a sealed unit. I used a Hypex plate amp and a dayton driver ( the last one from diyaudiocart ).

If your room size is small - then look at the SB1000. But most important - look at the connections on the panel of the plate amp - if they are good enough for your use. I found SB1000 doesnt have high level inputs. But that need not be a show stopper for others.

Thanks. Hey thanks everyone for chipping in.

1. I made a typo. I was looking at the SB2000 (the 14" cube).
2. The room is about 220 sq. ft. with a 9 ft. ceiling.

The amp feeding the subwoofer is a Yamaha S2000. The source is a Marantz CD player.

Yes if I could get a plate amp and driver locally, a DIY sub is not really difficult to do.

Last edited:
Thanks. Hey thanks everyone for chipping in.

1. I made a typo. I was looking at the SB2000 (the 14" cube).
2. The room is about 220 sq. ft. with a 9 ft. ceiling.

The amp feeding the subwoofer is a Yamaha S2000. The source is a Marantz CD player.

Yes if I could get a plate amp and driver locally, a DIY sub is not really difficult to do.

Check the following links, might be interesting

Subwoofer / Plate Amplifier
Subwoofer

:)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back