The 2013 Plasma Discussion Thread!

with all due respect india is still a third world country

If want to buy a Lamborghini, you can do that in India officially. Same with a Rolls Royce. A Panasonic plasma TV is much cheaper. :)

Well, talking about pricing, here are my estimated prices for the 2013 series.

Samsung PS51F8505 1.9 lac
Panasonic P50ST60 90K

Note this is based on pricing in Europe market.

If want to buy a Lamborghini, you can do that in India officially. Same with a Rolls Royce. A Panasonic plasma TV is much cheaper. :)

Well, talking about pricing, here are my estimated prices for the 2013 series.

Samsung PS51F8505 1.9 lac
Panasonic P50ST60 90K

Note this is based on pricing in Europe market.

I guess its 1.09 lakh.

What is 1.09 lakh?

The F8505 will be priced around 1.9-2 lac in India (for 51 incher)

1.5 to 1.6L for 51" would be a good deal, considering it is rated better than VT50. It sells for $2000 in US. Unless they sell it for double the price here, we can hope for a better pricing. If it get priced close to 1.9L then it will be ST60 for me.

It appears to me that the top line from Samsung is priced higher than the top line from Panasonic.

It appears to me that the top line from Samsung is priced higher than the top line from Panasonic.

Actually I could not find a proper spec sheet for 8505. I even saw it being listed as an LED.
What could be the stunner specs in this sammy plasma that merit a price tag of ~1.9k?
The plasma brands year on year only talk about "deeper blacks". Apart from this we cant hear any other distinction.
Unless we really see the plasma panel, we really cannot even visualize what the "deeper blacks" mean.
I consider GT50 to produce the deepest of blacks currently.

If panny is going to stop plasma production next year, they could put all the technology they have into this years models including any "deepest blacks" in their panels.

Purchased the F4900 for 41.6k - it is yet to be installed so can't say much, but it looked good in the store.

EDIT : Sorry, meant to post this in the Samsung Plasma 2013 thread :/

the review of Panny GT60 is out Panasonic TX-P50GT60 (GT60) Review makes me want it even more

Though Panasonic continues to get good compliments year over year from the experts, I some how find Panasonic to have a laid back approach in selling their Plasma TV sets at least in India. They produced stunning models (especially ST50's performance at a great price point), but they frequently ran out of stock. They failed to realize how popular and good the ST50 was. I am sure Panasonic might do the same for ST60/GT60 as well. Though Panasonic is running in loss, they could have done much better in marketing their stuff. If Samsung was the producer of ST50, it would have certainly got some more attention. Hope Panasonic learns from it's lessons. I some how feel Samsung might take the thunder this year.

Last edited:
Reliance guy said, that Samsung stock has landed in the warehouse. It will take a week to get the display piece on exhibit. This is for the lower models. Top end comes later on.
Samsung, LG will come in May.

Though Panasonic continues to get good compliments year over year from the experts, I some how find Panasonic to have a laid back approach in selling their Plasma TV sets at least in India. They produced stunning models (especially ST50's performance at a great price point), but they frequently ran out of stock. They failed to realize how popular and good the ST50 was. I am sure Panasonic might do the same for ST60/GT60 as well. Though Panasonic is running in loss, they could have done much better in marketing their stuff. If Samsung was the producer of ST50, it would have certainly got some more attention. Hope Panasonic learns from it's lessons. I some how feel Samsung might take the thunder this year.

I felt the same. We might have better chances of getting a Sami F8500 than Pani ST60/GT60.

Hello,
Sorry for barging in but i have zeroed down on samsung 51F4900 priced at 61900/- and F4100 at 33900/- plasma tvs ,my usage is only to watch tatasky HD am that not interested in watching 3d,according to the croma salesman both are of 720p resolution and not 1080i, should i go for any other model with 1080i or 720 would suffice watching tatasky.suggestion welcome!!

thanks.

Hello,
Sorry for barging in but i have zeroed down on samsung 51F4900 priced at 61900/- and F4100 at 33900/- plasma tvs ,my usage is only to watch tatasky HD am that not interested in watching 3d,according to the croma salesman both are of 720p resolution and not 1080i, should i go for any other model with 1080i or 720 would suffice watching tatasky.suggestion welcome!!

thanks.

A 720p would be absolutely serve your purpose. 1080i on 720p would be very good.

Hello,

thanks.

On Samsung's site the F4100 has a resolution of only 852 x 480..I personally would not buy it. I bought the F4900 for 41.6k a few days ago, check that out if you want to go for 43".

On Samsung's site the F4100 has a resolution of only 852 x 480..I personally would not buy it. I bought the F4900 for 41.6k a few days ago, check that out if you want to go for 43".
Yes the croma guy did tell me that it has got less resolution than 720, from where did u got F4900 for 41.6k??? are u talking about 43F4900 which is at 42900/- and 51F4900 at 61900/- in croma,which other plasma tv can you think of ,i want around 42/43 inches size.with HD viewing.

Hello,

thanks.

Hi,

Some sales folks are not looking at the specifications.
F4100 is not 720p

43F4900 and 51F4900 are 720p plasmas ( 1024 x 768 resoultion)

Thanks,
Sunil

Does Panny give three year warranty on the panels? I am unable to find it on their website.

Sammy is not offering extended warranty option on plasma. Wonder why?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back