viewing distance

Earlier I used to have a 32" LED in my living room.After watching for 9months or so,i started feeling it is too small be be engaging.So I prepared for buy a 46"/47" and I thought that would immensely satisfy me.But doing a couple of demos,46" looked way to small when demoing a 55" side by side.So dropped the idea of buying a 46"W950,extended my budget a little and settled down with 55W850.After mounting on wall,my first impression was "err its not big".Now I wish it would have been better had there been a 65" in the same line.Coming to viewing distance,iam watching from the same 9ft from where i watched 32".Even the SD is as gud as it was on 32"(i don't know if ADTV HD+ & sony 55W850 does scale up the content) and no visble difference in PQ/pixellation/eye strain.So if some have a 9ft space u can safely go for a 55".I can vouch on it.

Earlier I used to have a 32" LED in my living room.After watching for 9months or so,i started feeling it is too small be be engaging.So I prepared for buy a 46"/47" and I thought that would immensely satisfy me.But doing a couple of demos,46" looked way to small when demoing a 55" side by side.So dropped the idea of buying a 46"W950,extended my budget a little and settled down with 55W850.After mounting on wall,my first impression was "err its not big".Now I wish it would have been better had there been a 65" in the same line.Coming to viewing distance,iam watching from the same 9ft from where i watched 32".Even the SD is as gud as it was on 32"(i don't know if ADTV HD+ & sony 55W850 does scale up the content) and no visble difference in PQ/pixellation/eye strain.So if some have a 9ft space u can safely go for a 55".I can vouch on it.

very true..
unless experienced bigger screen..this debate will go on.:cool:
i feel 90 inch too small from 10 feet..and wish i could do some tweak for 120 inch..
and from 10 feet resolution also dont matter unless it is total crap like analouge cable or 700mb rips

We don't need a calculating tool to find out the optimal sitting distance from our TV's.
The closer you sit, the bigger the picture will appear. Don't we all want BIG PICTURE!!!
For the record, I prefer sitting as close as 4 feet from my 55" TV while watching both 720P and 1080P contents. and the farthest I can bare is 8 feet. Beyond that distance, the TV starts to appear too small.Just my thought

So many people are concerned about the distance away from the TV but don't take height into consideration. These days, height is just as important. It's very common for people to want to mount their flat screens above their fireplaces but it is not optimal for viewing. I've always had my 78" curved LED on a stand but am now in a situation where hanging it above the fireplace was the only and best option for our new house.

I did a lot of research and needed something sturdy and help with the height. I found Down and Out mount from https://www.dynamicmounting.com/product/swivel-mount/#home-content-phase1. It allows for the TV to sit above fire place and easily pulls down when viewing for longer periods. It is not cheap but when mounting a TV that costs thousands of dollars, it's not the time to find the cheapest option.

I had one person help mount it and it took a couple hours to ensure we did it correctly, but was pretty easy. And I'm not handy.

They also give you rebates for helping spread their product, something I plan on taking advantage of as well.

I attached some pictures for reference too.

Definitely worth it!

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 45
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back