Views and comments on Mission MS 200 subwoofer

amitksvs

Friends, I am planning to have two Missions MS 200 subs with my Denon X1200 AVR with Q Acoustics 3020 as fronts. Another option before me is Single Q Acoustics QB12.
There are not many reviews I could find on Mission MS 200 anywhere.
Dear @efernand1 what do you say?
Thanks for the help.

Friends, I am planning to have two Missions MS 200 subs with my Denon X1200 AVR with Q Acoustics 3020 as fronts. Another option before me is Single Q Acoustics QB12.
Thanks for the help.
In addition, I will be grateful if someone could throw some light on performance characteristics of Mission MS 200 subwoofers. How good are these if used in an application with 65% music and 35% movies.

Thanks for the help.

Hi

Ideally look at subs that can deliver frequencies lower than the Front speakers which will ensure you get almost the full spectrum of frequencies to enjoy playback.

I believe the X1200 has Audyssey standard calibration. It calibrates speakers for levels and tones and distance for a 7.1 setup. Although it is 7.2 as per specs. calibration is 7.1 due to the Audyssey version. the subwoofer setup will be the same calibrated for sub 2. Levels etc will be the same and not different. Usually both subs may end up cancelling each others performance based on is placement etc.

Its only the Higher version which will calibrate subs separately (Multi EQ 32 XT).

Nothing lost, 2 subs will help supposedly distribute bass properly in the listening area, placement is crucial.

If you want to enjoy real low depth bass n punch, you need to clearly go for ported subwoofers, refer to the specs (some brands overrate the same). I think possibly the QB12 may be a better sub. Compare specs and also let me know how much you are ready to spend, accordingly can suggest some models / brands....

Thanks for the help.
My budget is around 40 to 45K for the subs.
That thing about the limitation imposed due to lower version of Audyssey was completely missed by me.
Can this limitation of standard Audyssey be overcome by any trick or technique?
Since I am more into Music I was thinking that Two sealed and reasonably good subs would be better. QB-12 is anyday better compared to Mission MS 200 specs wise.
My other consideration was space as well, was thinking that a 12" sub may be bit bigger for my around 230 sqft (10 ft high) living room which is joined with Dining space (in L shape configuration).

What would you suggest for my budget and application?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the help.
That thing about the limitation imposed due to lower version of Audyssey was completely missed by me.
Since I am more into Music I was thinking that Two sealed and reasonably good subs would be better. QB-12 is anyday better compared to Mission MS 200 specs wise.
My other consideration was space as well, was thinking that a 12" sub may be bit bigger for my around 230 sqft (10 ft high) living room which is joined with Dining space (in L shape configuration).

Thanks again.
Pls check on the net if the Audyssey paid phone app is compatible with your Denon. It's available in Play Store. Maybe the phone app may overcome the limitation for calibrating 2 subs as compared to what comes with your avr.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks again.
I have heard the QB12 and it's a fantastic sub for the money. I did a side by side comparison with XTZ 8.17, XTZ 10.17, XTZ 12.17, XTZ 1X12, SVS PB2000 and SB2000. I thought it went toe to toe with the SB2000 and XTZ 10.17 though i did not crank the volume to crazy levels during the demo.

Haven't heard the Mission so can't say how it stacks up against it but if i had to buy a sub in the sub 60k range, the QB12 is my pick of the bunch.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back