Want to buy a 42" plasma/lcd..urgent!

I am very sure for my distance 42 is good enough.
Waiting for C450 to come in the market here.
Anyone knows if samsung showrooms in NCR have got it by now?
Otherwise my mind is half made for X10.
Just that black level issue on Avforum is scaring me :(

Well you can always go for the LCD no black rise issue of the panasonic or the other issues reported in other plasmas.
In ebay you can get a sony 40" FHD lcd for just 41k.

I compared today following models at E-Zone.
LG 42LF20 (Full HD - LCD)
LG 50PQ30 (HD Ready - Plasma)
Panny 42C10 (HD Ready - Plasma)
Panny 50C10 (HD Ready - Plasma)

LF20 LCD was much brighter and sharper compared to 42C10, even after adjusted setting for panny. Both had motion blur. But LCD colors looks artificial compared to plasma. Especially while reproducing skin color of English man, LCD showed its poor quality.

Full HD - HD ready difference was visible if you move forward (checked through BD player)

50C10 was much much brighter than 42C10 even after identical setting (dont know why)

All plasmas having better color reproduction but LCD was catching eyes because of brightness

50C10 and 50PQ30 were looking lovely - little difference.

P.S.: A layman review. Sales person didnt know about latest black level problem with panny.
P.S.: called LG show-room they say, there is no PK series in market :)

Q- Is the PQ same between C10 and X10?

Also does anyone know any dealer in Faridabad who can provide X10 at good rate. Right now i am getting the least as 44k.

Also does anyone know any dealer in Faridabad who can provide X10 at good rate. Right now i am getting the least as 44k.

Mostly same discounting lesser glare in X10 due to anti glare coating.

I gave you the phone number for a dealer who had agreed to sell the Panasonic 42X10 @ Rs 38,000/-. What happened? Personally, I would suggest the X10. The extra 3-4k is well worth spending for the antiglare coating and the extra HDMI input. Also, the extra HDMI input is on the side, thus if you install the plasma on the wall the input will be very handy to connect things such as a video camera, gaming console etc.

Last edited:
The extra 3-4k is well worth spending for the antiglare coating and the extra HDMI input. Also, the extra HDMI input is on the side, thus if you install the plasma on the wall the input will be very handy to connect things such as a video camera, gaming console etc.
Good point :clapping:

Checked Samsung C450 in samsung showroom in noida today.
Quiet impressed with SD and HD content which was played.
Also audio is decent.

Price- 43k after negotiation.

Decent deal?

ALso checked LG-
PJ650- 45k
PJ-560r- 52k.

In comparison with samsung LG was below par in PQ atleast.

Checked Samsung C450 in samsung showroom in noida today.
Quiet impressed with SD and HD content which was played.
Also audio is decent.

Price- 43k after negotiation.

Decent deal?

I assume C450 has movie playback? 43k is decent for C450 me feels..

ALso checked LG-
PJ650- 45k
PJ-560r- 52k.

In comparison with samsung LG was below par in PQ atleast.

Hmm, Looks like this is the first comparison report.
Last year, Samsung was costlier and had better PQ.
This year, Samsung is cheaper with better PQ?? :rolleyes:

I hope PJ650 and 560 are fully loaded models then??

I assume C450 has movie playback? 43k is decent for C450 me feels..

Hmm, Looks like this is the first comparison report.
Last year, Samsung was costlier and had better PQ.
This year, Samsung is cheaper with better PQ?? :rolleyes:

I hope PJ650 and 560 are fully loaded models then??

No idea about the movie playback.can anyone else confirm this?

LG may have few extra features but the main thing PQ is way below par in comparison.
Personally i feel its a good deal and may go for it.

Also they were giving a Home theatre some HT-C450 kinda model in 5k extra,is it good?

BUMP-

Finalzed c450 and best deal is still in 43k.

Q- Do i need a dvd player or a Something else?
My priority is to play movies through USB/hard drive so kindly suggest.

Also which hdmi cable needs to be bought up and the price please.
Thanks

BUMP-

Also which hdmi cable needs to be bought up and the price please.
Thanks

Samsung website points to USB movie playback. Check it before buying a player.

Samsung indicates HDD with FAT32 format playable with the available USB 2.0port...however supports limited formats. With your priority in mind, I would suggest you to head straight for a WD TV Media player...especially with the Samsung....plays all formats..1080p ..simply awesome. Check site for more :http://http://wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_hd

Cheers

Samsung indicates HDD with FAT32 format playable with the available USB 2.0port...however supports limited formats. With your priority in mind, I would suggest you to head straight for a WD TV Media player...especially with the Samsung....plays all formats..1080p ..simply awesome. Check site for more :http://http://wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_hd

Cheers

+1

Costs ~7k.
eBay India: WESTERN DIGITAL MEDIA PLAYER WD TV HD MEDIA PLAYER HDMI (item 120577606528 end time 08-Jun-2010 11:58:56 IST)

Thanks Guys.
Am unaware what exactly is WD media player and google isnt helping either so kindly let me know.

Also that article from cnet was useful however from where can i get such cheap cables?

And am wary of ebay as past experiences arent good so where can i buy this WD player in person?

ALso what is the difference that i must go for WD player and not a dvd player?

Edit- Just checked on WD site there are 3 players-
WD TV Mini, WD TV Live, WD TV

So which i should go for?

Last edited:
Would like to mention that salesman at the showroom sad c450 doesnt have the USB slot. Cant see it on samsung site either.

If you are keen on getting a media streamer, your USB slot may be rendered almost useless. Amongst the three, WDTV live I think is the only with Network functionality. I would recommend that, but I would not know your requirements in details.

Thanks Guys.
Am unaware what exactly is WD media player and google isnt helping either so kindly let me know.

Also that article from cnet was useful however from where can i get such cheap cables?

And am wary of ebay as past experiences arent good so where can i buy this WD player in person?

ALso what is the difference that i must go for WD player and not a dvd player?

Edit- Just checked on WD site there are 3 players-
WD TV Mini, WD TV Live, WD TV

So which i should go for?

Go for WD Live. Basically for a layman (like me) this is a box which helps you play your 'downloaded/ripped' content which is stored on your hard disk directly on your TV.

So let's say you have a lot of content on your hard drive but the problem with the same is you cannot watch it on your large screen TV (unless you have a HTPC). The only option is to burn the same on a DVD/CD and play it in your DVDP. The problem is that HD rips are quite large (12Gb - 20GB). If you have a media player like WDTV what you can do is copy all your files on an external HDD, connect it to the WDTV using USB and plug the HDMI output of WDTV directly to your TV !

The output resolution of the WDTV is quite good (1080p) and if you have a receiver capable of handling optical inputs, you'll end up having a 5.1/7.1/DTSMA audio tracks too !

WDTV Live supports DTS tracks too which WDTV regular does not and hence my recommendation of WDTV Live.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back