Want to buy a 42" plasma/lcd..urgent!

Would like to mention that salesman at the showroom sad c450 doesnt have the USB slot. Cant see it on samsung site either.

Oh thats strange..

The product page shows a feature names "Connect share movies" which shows USB playback..
Plasma+, beyond all expectations. - PS42C450 - Plasma TV - Television | SAMSUNG

B450 did not have it maybe the salesperson is basing this on heuristics. Let us know when you get the TV.

Regarding WDTV, It has an excellent upscaler much better than commercial DVD players. There is a comparison review with pics in this forum itself. Check around.

Oh thats strange..

The product page shows a feature names "Connect share movies" which shows USB playback..
Plasma+, beyond all expectations. - PS42C450 - Plasma TV - Television | SAMSUNG

B450 did not have it maybe the salesperson is basing this on heuristics. Let us know when you get the TV.

Regarding WDTV, It has an excellent upscaler much better than commercial DVD players. There is a comparison review with pics in this forum itself. Check around.

I have personally seen a USB on 42C450. Thats how the demo videos were played when I went for a demo. You can play mp4, avi etc via USB.

WDTV vs WDTV - live.......well the only major difference pointed out correctly is the ability to connect to internet (YouTube, Flickr, Live365).

Other difference is that you can transfer files between USB2.0 HDDs attached to it....which is again not an earth shattering feature.

Another difference is its WiFi readiness...is you are using NAS, or WiFi router...then this should interest you....

If you think these 3 features interest you and you need them...then got for the LIVE or else you should settle for the WDTV....and save the $30.

Last edited:
Yeah i have the router so might be useful.
The good question is where can i get WD TV live in NCR. cant find a single place selling it. Anyone?

R.R. Systems Pvt. Ltd. 103, Bajaj House, Nehru Place, New, New Delhi, Delhi 110019011 26224356?
Computer Empire. 201, Meghdoot Building 94, Nehru Place, Delhi - 110019 011-26465625

Hyderabad Friends :: Heads up >>> Spoke with Bajaj Electronics - Kukatpally today and they confirmed that Samsung has some Promos running for Plasmas - C450 with HT-c450 bundled together is for 48k and C450 - without the HT offer is 42.5k...looks like there is scope for further negotiation. The person confirmed that the C450 Panel is on display- so planning to go during weekend for some demos.

Did some research in comparing C450 with B450 (42" size)...samsung website does not give the differences clearly, neither did find in any other place....so took help of my dear friend excel :clapping: I have attached the comparison chart and colour coded the advantages (green) and disadvantages (red)between the 2 models. For the features which are termed differently in both the models I have coloured them in same shade.

Hope the comparison helps... :)

Now Questions :
1. C450 does not pinpoint the actual Dynamic Contrast, it just says DCR...B450 clearly says 2,000,000 :1....any idea on this ??

2. What is Cinema Smooth option? In C450 - it says not available....is this the 24fps playback option...?? Is 24fps play option available in C450 ??

3. Weight of C450 is about 6.5 kgs less than B450....does anyone know the reason??? I had seen in some reviews earlier that C450 uses single plane glass design instead of 2 and hence the reduction in weight...not sure..does anyone know this ??

4. What is the difference in the screen for both, in terms of upgraded tech, anti glare, etc ??

Really eager to finalise a 42"...just not sure which one to go for, with the new releases from Pana and Samsung...havent checked out the new Pannys yet.

Cheers

Attachments

• C450 Vs B450.xls
    37.5 KB · Views: 23
@infinity

That Prices can be negotiated further down. Check out my post in Price Thread.

I'm in market for something similar hence look at Samsung PS42C450 or LG 42PJ650 . The glare reduction in LG model is mind blowing, I did side by side comparison on Reliance Digital on Rd#12.

Thanks ConnectedSoul.....checked ur price post.
What is your overall comparison between the Samsung PS42C450 and LG 42PJ650 ?

Would love to compare the Panny new HD Ready models : 42X20, 42A20 with the above both and then decide.

Can anyone confirm if the Pana greying issues still continue in the 2010 models or have they been addressed ??? I know its too early to know...but would appreciate if anyone has info reg this.

Cheers

I had a comparison again between Samsung PS42C450 and LG 42PJ650 at Bajaj.
Colors in LG seemed more brighter or washed out. Samsung seemed better. (i'm no AV Pro )

points to note:
Samsung doesnt come with Swivel stand
LG has more option to control the pciture quality aka ISF settings.

THinking between the two now.

Hey Connected...when did u go to Bajaj and which one...?? I was there at Bajaj Kukatpally betweek 6pm to 8pm....

They had C450 on display - but 50" not the 42"...along with C430, B430, LG-560, 650 and 350...all 42".

To be honest I did not notice much of a glare reduction in the LG...with ALL the TVs off ...I was able to see the reflections equally for all. Sound in the 560 with speakers on the side is far better than others..and this is its USP.
Elimination of Swivel in C450 is a bit of a dampner...but N/A if u wall mount it :lol: The C450 panel looks much sleeker that B450/430...C450 has a digital audio out, B450 has analog..another difference. Also, C450 DOES have a USB 2.0 side slot...and saw a HD ~ .MKV format song on a transcend 4 gb pen...very nice audio and video quality..was impressed...the guy said it will play 500GB HDD also thru USB :licklips:..dont believe it so told him that I will come back with my WDTV and HDD-500 GB for a detailed test.....got late, cant go now...was hooked on to Mesi ;)..shold have scored today :mad:

Compared audio between C/B450 - C has definite improvements although not earth shattering but decent enough...guess thats why the bundled promo with a basic 5.1 :lol: ...LG beats all in audio hands down....but me eyes tell me Sammy is better in PQ. The square stand on C450 looked better than the B450 oval one...but misses out the swivel :sad:

No Panas in Bajaj...hence cudnt compare...
@connectedsoul - ezone offer for X20 @ 41.5 is worth comparing it with these 2 to see which is better....anyone did this comparison yet ????

Thanks

i was there around 3:30-5pm in Punjagutta. They have 42c450 on display.

You are right about glare reduction. The LG PJ650 didnt seem any better than samsung. Maybe its the store lighting at Reliance Digital.

Colors are better in Samsung and seemed brighter or washed out in LG.

Seeing the past reputation, I may stay away from Panasonic.

btw, I have dropped plans to get a plasma as I see no ROI after doing the research, atleast yet. My 5 yr old 29" Panasonic CRT is awesome.

Hi Guys,
Planning to get a Samsung LCD 40/46.
Saw in Bajaj Panjagutta yesterday. Was quoted as below
40c550 = 54k
40c530 = 51k
40c650 = 64k
46c530 74300
LED
series 6 = 78.3k
Series 7 = 85k

I shall be watching from a distance of 12 ft and there is no direct light falling on the TV.

Pl help me decide on the size and model.

I am not too keen on Plasma, but reading posts of Connectedsoul and infinity may look at plasma too.

Thanks

@bala_v99 - what is ur usage ???

If its regular tv - SD, with some DVD/BD/ Gaming....plasma is better. If its only DVD / BD..LCD it is. Also, if u r looking at 42" and ++ sizes..then plasma is more VFM.

Remember...Plasmas have a huge edge over LCDs in SD and motion pics :yahoo:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back