Amazon Prime Video is now in India

reju

Amazon Prime Video gives you access to the latest & exclusive Bollywood blockbusters, Hollywood movies, regional films, US & Indian TV shows, kids' shows and award winning Amazon originals.
https://www.primevideo.com/region/eu

Last edited:
And works with your Amazon prime subscription as well, no additional subscription needed. Now I subscribed to Prime during their sale for Rs. 500, considering what I am getting for 500 for one year, this is an almost unbelievable return.

And works with your Amazon prime subscription as well, no additional subscription needed. Now I subscribed to Prime during their sale for Rs. 500, considering what I am getting for 500 for one year, this is an almost unbelievable return.

Yes indeed. Even for the regular price of Rs. 999 applicable after one year, it is still a steal!

But does any one have success installing "Amazon Prime Video" app on Android TV?

500/month might not be the final price, but even if its like 1000/year its still an unbelievable deal. I just hope they dont introduce a seperate price plan for Prime Video.

I have been playing with Prime Video for like a day now, these are my findings ...

1. Quality is full HD no doubt, but it shuffles between SD and HD too much (mostly HD light is OFF, so it must be streaming at 720 most of the time) on the same 40mbps Airtel connection as compared to Netlix, that remains HD at all point of time. Netflix streaming quality and timing was much much better.
YMMV though

2. Content is OK, Hollywood Movies and TV series are much better on Netflix, Netflix originals are also much better than Amazon Exclusives. Indian movie collection is more or less same, however AP has quite a few Old classics with them. Netflix does not have any old classic indian movies.

3. No chromecast support, neither for web nor for app, thats a bummer, frankly. I dont know what war Amazon has with google, they dont give any thing to google. My SHIELD does not have Amazon App, same reason. Roku has but thats another story for point 4

4. Amazon on Roku 3, does not load India Amazon content, it loads US amazon, surprisingly even though its been registered with an Indian amazon.in account (no vpn, dns nothing running at background).... and weird part is, that is plays many of the US shows as well, those are not available on India Prime Video, on some others it says not available at ur location.

5. Features ::: Prime Video ::: shows the IMDB rating of all titles, along with an X-ray view of the cast, trivia, etc during video playback. The app also notifies users when they are streaming through their mobile data plans as opposed to a Wi-Fi connection.

Netflix ::: Profile support which is amazing even though PV supports simultaneous streaming of the show on 3 screens there is no separate profile support which make Netflix UI management much much better

But none the less if the price remains 500/year or even 1000/year its still is an all time amazing deal, with just 80-85 a month you get prime shipping and prime video both. Nothing you can complain off... :)

Last edited:
No Chromecast support is a bummer. Need to try today, just got internet connection this morning after Vardhah cyclone.

I guess, Amazon will plan to sell their Fire TV Box soon, which will compensate for their pricing. (That's probably the plan)

Is any one using LG Smart HD TV? Is the Prime Video app available for LG HD Smart TV?

As per Amazon customer care, Amazon Prime video is available only for 4k TVs(Samsung and LG) as of now. They have plans to introduce chromecast support soon.

Even UHD titles will be added soon.

Awesome ! Did watch Silsila yesterday in hotel room (on laptop) using shared hotel wifi and streaming was Excellent !! Not a second's wait for buffering in the 3 hours!

Chromecast support would have been good, on a similar note I am looking to get an Android media player to connect to my bedroom TV, wondering how to ensure that the Prime Video app will work on the player. Any players available in India which have the Amazon Prime video built in, that too supporting the Indian prime account?

Too early I guess but hopefully some reliable options will turn up.

but even if its like 1000/year its still an unbelievable deal. I just hope they dont introduce a seperate price plan for Prime Video.

considering that netflix which as far as I was concerned had nothing to watch for 650 pm I agree, and join your prayers

1. Quality is full HD no doubt, but it shuffles between SD and HD too much (mostly HD light is OFF, so it must be streaming at 720 most of the time)
I was wondering why I did not get HD, concluded it must be some Vardah effect because everything (scrabble and fb included) is uncharacteristically sluggish on my act bb

2. Content is OK, Hollywood Movies and TV series are much better on Netflix, Netflix originals are also much better than Amazon Exclusives.

I/ the son wanted the grand tour, it is there. There was charlie sheen, watched Chicago (my previous viewing was bigflix dvd on a 14" screen), I need to watch "reciprocity" in HD again some time. Content is generally more than netflix (my POV). I like the hotstar view of grouping all seasons of tellyshows rather than the amazon method of having to search for it

ciao
gr

I tried by Casting the Chrome Browser Tab to Chromecast and it worked ok. I played Minsara Kanavu Tamil Movie and it came pretty good. But had to turn it off due to power outage and fluctuations. Hopefully we will have stable power by weekend. Vardhah cyclone is affecting us too much.

I tried by Casting the Chrome Browser Tab to Chromecast and it worked ok. I played Minsara Kanavu Tamil Movie and it came pretty good. But had to turn it off due to power outage and fluctuations. Hopefully we will have stable power by weekend. Vardhah cyclone is affecting us too much.

Thats a crude way of doing it, much like mirroring your mobile screen and then use the app, but the experience is not as smooth as native chromecast support, which Netflix has

I watched "Sultan" through Amazon Prime Video. Even with a basic Rs 499 BSNL connection plan, the movie played smoothly without any lag.

Only problem, is that it is saying that my PC is not HDCP content protected. How to make this happen so that it transmits in HD. Also audio settings are not there. Can the audio be routed to an AVR for surround sound? (Atleast DD and DTS?).

What must I change or improve on my PC to watch HD or FHD?

My PC is a i3 2120, DH-67BL Intel motherboard LGA 1150 and support up to i7, 8GB RAM, Graphics card Ge 210, LG DVD writer. Any suggestions please?

Its available on google play, I installed on my Mogo G4 Plus from Playstore only.

I am referring to Sony Android TV. Google play on Sony TV does not bring up this Amazon Video app.

It's available through my Samsung mobile, tablet etc.

I am referring to Sony Android TV. Google play on Sony TV does not bring up this Amazon Video app.

It's available through my Samsung mobile, tablet etc.

Oh I miss understood then :)

I am currently subscribed to Netflix, Hotstar and Prime. Prime, amazing price, good quality video but only Netflix is 5.1, the other two are stereo. Fantastic pricing though.

I am currently subscribed to Netflix, Hotstar and Prime. Prime, amazing price, good quality video but only Netflix is 5.1, the other two are stereo. Fantastic pricing though.

I am using Netflix and Amazon, for me both are Dolby Digital 5.1.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back