Amazon Prime Video is now in India

AP is not yet supporting chromecast. Will wait for it to start cast support, before I take a plunge, till then its gonna be netflix

They will never support Chromecast or Apple TV. They have their own hardware to sell. Only thing that will happen is they will introduce Amazon Fire TV and the stick just like how they have the Kindle.

They will never support Chromecast or Apple TV. They have their own hardware to sell. Only thing that will happen is they will introduce Amazon Fire TV and the stick just like how they have the Kindle.

Its not true the recently released app do support airplay. I was able to watch everything using my iPad to Apple TV through airplay.

Yes Krish, Airplay support is ok. I was referring to Native App support in tvOS for Apple TV. That's why I didnt buy Apple TV yet. In fact things are so scattered, not sure what box you can buy which will cover most of what we need - Netflix, Prime, HooQ, Google movies.

^^ Chromecast covers most of the field, true having a native app is something I would have loved for APV, but for now just casting the chrome browser tab running APV seems to do the trick, with occasional stutter, it pretty much works.

TIFU : Bummed up by this took Amazon.in Prime membership :lol: thought of tryin something legal esp as my Samsung TV had an unused amazon prime video lying on it since couple of years. In my haste I forgot that in my pre Pi days I had applied some VPN service's IP and my TV is set to fake a US location. Loaded up Prime and logged in with my common Amazon login(same for .in and .com), and it showed subscribe to Prime free trial yet again. Didn't bother and clicked OK . Ding Dong, sms tells me my card has been charged 1 USD(reversed) and then I realize the blunder. Now I have Prime membership on .com as well as .in, I can watch Prime videos(.com content) on the TV which seems pretty nice as they have tons of shows and even options for HBO etc.
However Prime Video no longer works on my laptop or Mobile as it says I must be in the US to access the content due to geoblock.

Any one knw a way out, only my Kindle is pointed to a .com so that atleast I can use the Prime lending library for the free month.

No need to change region. Region is based on where you login. I had AP on .de .com .in at the same time - thi each is treated as a separate and billed separately. While in India you can watch APV on .in only.
Kindle has diff settings. Changing it is possible but the unlimited subscription is region specific. So ur .in content wont b be accessible if you are on .com.
Remember to cancel .com after free period.

Last edited:
Its surprising that nobody in the forum has mentioned about amazon's censorship. I heard from the various news that amazon censors the movies a lot, more then netflix. I do not watch movies on TV since they are censored way beyond. Most of the fun is lost, specially watching hollywood movies on TV. I am also a prime member of amazon but I have yet to watch a movie since this news of heavy censoring of movies was heard. Can anybody give some idea and views on Amazon's censorship. I mean to what extent they do. Thanks

Horribly censored. Seinfeld episodes jump sometimes randomly, Movies I am not sure but I guess even that would be. It takes the fun out of watching, continuity ... !

Can someone please confirm that Amazon Prime Instant video does not still support Chromecast even with latest version of the app on Android?

The best feature I like is the Parental controls - so, I can control what the kids can watch.

There is no business compulsion for them to provide Chromecast support. They will focus on content and in India they are happy if most of the people just watch it on their tiny 5 inch screens. The elites will have Sony, LG or Samsung (recent ones) anyway, so they are covered. The in-betweeners like us are left stranded. Anyway I get SD Quality in my Android box and managing it ok. On the plus side, it saves bandwidth.

Although i have AP membership, i am frustrated about the fact that i cannot watch on my bravia w700. There is no AP on the app store (non android). Thankfully i read this thread before i almost bought a chromecast. Any suggestions on what can be done?

Chromecast will work, just not natively. You can launch APV on your chrome browser and cast the entire tab on TV, that works perfectly .....:)

Its surprising that nobody in the forum has mentioned about amazon's censorship. I heard from the various news that amazon censors the movies a lot, more then netflix.

Not only movies.

We had the pleasure of watching a deemed India suitable episode of TGT which was only about a third as long as what was shown elsewhere. :rolleyes:

ciao
gr

Its surprising that nobody in the forum has mentioned about amazon's censorship. I heard from the various news that amazon censors the movies a lot, more then netflix.

Netflix does not censor anything, less idea about APV. I only watched Man in the high castle and I did not feel anything was censored.

Netflix does not censor anything, less idea about APV. I only watched Man in the high castle and I did not feel anything was censored.
Thanks bro.....What about English movies

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

Thanks bro.....What about English movies

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

Yes including Movies, nothing is censored .... and "Orange is the new Black" example given by sound_cycle is a good example, nothing was censored in that TV series and, yes that TV series had quite a lot ...lol:)

Well, enjoy while it lasts :).
Nothing was censored when cable TV started out on India back in the 90s. Seems unbelievable now.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back