Amazon Prime Video is now in India

Well I have managed to get Amazon video app on the Xbox 360 and to get it to stream. But as @sam has pointed out I am getting the is catalog and though I am subscribed to prime from India and do not even have a trail on .Com but it streams some shows and does not stream certain others shows and indicates geo-restrictions. Any help on getting the Indian catalog on Xbox ??

Anyone been able to setup India Amazon Prime Video on a US bought device?

Would prefer to buy the Fire TV box from US, and use in India over Fire Stick.

Thoughts?

Im still facing issues in my PS4. Not able to install Amazon prime video in it.
Any help will be appreciated.

Yeah I have 1st gen Fire Tv. I get the error code 5505 when i try to play a video.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
So this has fixed as you mentioned in the other thread?

But the forum discussion I shared says it works on Fire TV. Atleast the latest one ...

https://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon...Page=3&cdSort=newest&cdThread=Tx29NB502SPQA5N
Updates on this front Sam9?

I have a fire stick from the USA.... Doesn't work :-( can't change the settings .... how sad.
Can you check now? Can you set it up with Amazon India?

for those who switched their Samsung Smart TV region to US Amazon Prime,
what are the options? is the Indian library much different from US?
Has to be. Content and its use is always licensed differently across regions by the Owners..

No need to change region. Region is based on where you login. I had AP on .de .com .in at the same time - thi each is treated as a separate and billed separately. While in India you can watch APV on .in only.
Kindle has diff settings. Changing it is possible but the unlimited subscription is region specific. So ur .in content wont b be accessible if you are on .com.
Remember to cancel .com after free period.

Hmm.. We need to have clear understanding of all these TRANSFERABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE and HACK-VPN-BYPASS-able mechanics :) for Amazon, Prime Video, Kindle & Unltd Kindle.

Anyone been able to setup India Amazon Prime Video on a US bought device?

Would prefer to buy the Fire TV box from US, and use in India over Fire Stick.

Thoughts?

I have a Fire TV (first Gen) which was bought from UK. Before the Amazon Fire TV Stick and Amazon Appstore launch in India (the previous night) there was a software update and after that Amazon India Prime Videos showed up by itself (I didnt change any settings at all). Before the update the Fire TV was showing only UK Prime videos but I was never able to play anything. Amazon India support said Fire TV is not supported in India yet (I was using the Fire TV for Kodi and Netflix only)

I use the same Amazon account everywhere (US, UK and India).

Last edited:
Im still facing issues in my PS4. Not able to install Amazon prime video in it.
Any help will be appreciated.

On my PS4 I have a UK PlayStation profile, I downloaded the Prime app from the UK store, logged in with my Amazon account and I am able to play Amazon India Prime videos without any issues!

I have a Fire TV (first Gen) which was bought from UK. Before the Amazon Fire TV Stick and Amazon Appstore launch in India (the previous night) there was a software update and after that Amazon India Prime Videos showed up by itself (I didnt change any settings at all). Before the update the Fire TV was showing only UK Prime videos but I was never able to play anything. Amazon India support said Fire TV is not supported in India yet (I was using the Fire TV for Kodi and Netflix only)

I use the same Amazon account everywhere (US, UK and India).

Thanks for those insights. I thought I'd snap one from Amazon US and get it via a friend whose there for a visit.

But, given that we wont see much Hi Def content and definitely not 4K yet, I am wondering if should "downgrade to a cheaper alternative" and await a "fancier" box next year.

In the US a 29$ deal is available for the Roku Streaming Stick 3600 R.
Roku 3600R HDMI Streaming Stick: Amazon.in: Electronics

Has anyone made it work with Amazon India Prime Video? The AMZN.in reviews are a bit unclear & maybe out of date?

So this has fixed as you mentioned in the other thread?

Yes, it works fine now after changing the region to India.

Thanks for the insights on the other thread and here about the AMZN box.

Let's see which one to get for now.

Last edited:
Got a Fire Stick in the recent prime day sale- initially, saw so much content that I was super happy. Then found that they had linked my Amazon.com US account to the stick. When I deregistered and added my India account- well, the content is so slim. Bah, Anyways...
I guess not a bad deal for ~2K net . Atleast, I get DD+ 5.1 now on APV.

Has anyone made it work with Amazon India Prime Video? The AMZN.in reviews are a bit unclear & maybe out of date?

I bought roku 3600 stick from US and got it registered here in India and i am using it from past 8 months now and i am still not able to get amazon app to show up in app list. If you are getting one from USA i would suggest you to ask your friend to create account and get it registered in US. Once you have it with you its just the matter of changing the region from settings.

I bought roku 3600 stick from US and got it registered here in India and i am using it from past 8 months now and i am still not able to get amazon app to show up in app list. If you are getting one from USA i would suggest you to ask your friend to create account and get it registered in US. Once you have it with you its just the matter of changing the region from settings.

So these steps/ process would work. This friend is just visiting so he cant/ probably wont have time for that.

But, ALREADY I have an
- AMZN US + USA Prime A/C.

- I have 2 AMZN India A/cs - NO PRIME YET - but pricing here is tempting if I can pull this 29$ dongle to work.

- I could possibly VPN (US emulation) and try do the above.

Would that be okay?

.. My confusions is..

- When you say create an a/c & register in the US - please clarify what account? & register how? e

I can VPN my Router to US based IP and then sign into Amazon Prime USA with this Roku stick..

And later change region..

Is this what you are saying?

- When you say create an a/c & register in the US - please clarify what account? & register how?
By register i meant was create a roku account and get the device configured on USA isp network. That way device would know it and load apps and its content accordingly. Mine was configured on an Indian ISP network and at that time Amazon prime wasn't launched so since then amazon app is missing from app list.

I can VPN my Router to US based IP and then sign into Amazon Prime USA with this Roku stick..

And later change region..

Is this what you are saying?

Yes,that should work.

When you plug the Roku stick to HDMI port for the first time, you'll be asked to log in to Roku account, you'll have to create one since its your first time using a roku device. It will also ask your credit card details (In case you buy any paid apps) but there is workaround to it, search on google. Once account is created, you'll be asked to select the region you are in and then its pretty straight forward process.

By register i meant was create a roku account and get the device configured on USA isp network. That way device would know it and load apps and its content accordingly. Mine was configured on an Indian ISP network and at that time Amazon prime wasn't launched so since then amazon app is missing from app list.

Yes,that should work.

When you plug the Roku stick to HDMI port for the first time, you'll be asked to log in to Roku account, you'll have to create one since its your first time using a roku device. It will also ask your credit card details (In case you buy any paid apps) but there is workaround to it, search on google. Once account is created, you'll be asked to select the region you are in and then its pretty straight forward process.

Then I better be VPNed in at that firs time :) Give it the illusion and then change later.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back