Amazon Prime Video is now in India

I have a fire stick from the USA.... Doesn't work :-( can't change the settings .... how sad.

for those who switched their Samsung Smart TV region to US Amazon Prime,
what are the options? is the Indian library much different from US?

Amazon 5.1 is very dicey and app plus hardware

I don't use dolby but 2 channel

The stereo sound is not that great.

Was watching MinsaraKanavu last night and did a comparo with tracks streaming off itunes. The VBR version was nicer.

I am inclined to think that the sound is no better than TataSkyHD

ciao
gr

I think we are only getting what we paid for - 499 per year. I am actually disappointed when I can't chromecast, or get HD output with 5.1 audio from my Macbook to Receiver (Says HDCP not compliant). Netflix works great on Chromecast with stunning quality and great sound. But 650 per month is too much to pay for in India considering it sucks bandwidth as well.

for those who switched their Samsung Smart TV region to US Amazon Prime,
what are the options? is the Indian library much different from US?

Yes India Lib is quite different, not all US shows are there in India Lib plus India Library has lot many Indian Collection, mostly movies.

Is any one using LG Smart HD TV? Is the Prime Video app available for LG HD Smart TV?

As per Amazon customer care, Amazon Prime video is available only for 4k TVs(Samsung and LG) as of now. They have plans to introduce chromecast support soon.

Even UHD titles will be added soon.
Amazon prime video is now available on Sony Android TV. Great PQ and SQ !!
And works with your Amazon prime subscription as well, no additional subscription needed. Now I subscribed to Prime during their sale for Rs. 500, considering what I am getting for 500 for one year, this is an almost unbelievable return.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Hi All,

The content is good. But, the way it has been grouped IMO isn't great. It had to be on the lines of Hotstar or Netflix. Hope they learn this soon.

Also, other providers should keep the plan rate as Amazon's 1000/- per year. It is amazing and extremely competitive. They have become the "JIO" of streaming services in India. :p

Cheers!

Amazon prime video is now available on Sony Android TV. Great PQ and SQ !!

Still not available on my Sony 2015 model. Did you side load or installed from Google Play?

My side loaded app works for me, but there are very few videos listed as compared to what I can access from my Samsung mobile!

Does not support 5.1 through Onkyo amp. Whereas Netflix does. Also there is a significant quality issue in HD compared to Netflix. Though Netflix is comparatively costlier than Prime but Netflix wins hands down in quality of transmission and sound.

^^ Not only sound, the image quality is also far far better on Netflix. I watched man in the castle on AP and even thought the HD logo was lit all the time, the PQ was no way near to Netflix, but for 500/year I dont think we should complain much ..

TIFU : Bummed up by this took Amazon.in Prime membership :lol: thought of tryin something legal esp as my Samsung TV had an unused amazon prime video lying on it since couple of years. In my haste I forgot that in my pre Pi days I had applied some VPN service's IP and my TV is set to fake a US location. Loaded up Prime and logged in with my common Amazon login(same for .in and .com), and it showed subscribe to Prime free trial yet again. Didn't bother and clicked OK . Ding Dong, sms tells me my card has been charged 1 USD(reversed) and then I realize the blunder. Now I have Prime membership on .com as well as .in, I can watch Prime videos(.com content) on the TV which seems pretty nice as they have tons of shows and even options for HBO etc.
However Prime Video no longer works on my laptop or Mobile as it says I must be in the US to access the content due to geoblock.

Any one knw a way out, only my Kindle is pointed to a .com so that atleast I can use the Prime lending library for the free month.

Don't think changing region to us would work you require us dns.

Also I reached out to Amazon about 4k and hdr and they seems to be launching it sometime next year but I found the player to be in very poor state amazon support says they are in beta stage.

Was monitoring the bandwidth and I noticed that Amazon 1080p takes more bandwidth than Netflix 4k can stream Marco Polo in 4k dolby vision flawlessly but two and half men can have issues streaming on Amazon I'm on 50Mbps

TIFU : Bummed up by this took Amazon.in Prime membership :lol: thought of tryin something legal esp as my Samsung TV had an unused amazon prime video lying on it since couple of years. In my haste I forgot that in my pre Pi days I had applied some VPN service's IP and my TV is set to fake a US location. Loaded up Prime and logged in with my common Amazon login(same for .in and .com), and it showed subscribe to Prime free trial yet again. Didn't bother and clicked OK . Ding Dong, sms tells me my card has been charged 1 USD(reversed) and then I realize the blunder. Now I have Prime membership on .com as well as .in, I can watch Prime videos(.com content) on the TV which seems pretty nice as they have tons of shows and even options for HBO etc.
However Prime Video no longer works on my laptop or Mobile as it says I must be in the US to access the content due to geoblock.

Any one knw a way out, only my Kindle is pointed to a .com so that atleast I can use the Prime lending library for the free month.

I was also in the same boat, same email login for both .in and .com amazon and I was using .com as prime video with DNS to watch the shows. But I was cautious when .in launched PV in India. I knew if I will use the same login to subscribe, things might go wierd ....lol. Hence created a fresh account with fresh email on .in amazon and I use that account for watching PV. However the app on Roku 3 which I linked with new .in PV account still loaded US content (even though no DNS or VPN was working at the background), which was a bit strange, as I linked the account with my new .in amazon ID.
Strange part was few of the US shows work as well, but on other few I get region locked ...... I am sure its something to do with Roku 3

On my laptop and mobile and TAB everything works perfectly with the new .in account, I created.:)

^^ Not only sound, the image quality is also far far better on Netflix. I watched man in the castle on AP and even thought the HD logo was lit all the time, the PQ was no way near to Netflix, but for 500/year I dont think we should complain much ..

I am not able to get any 5.1 audio through PV. Do I need to change any settings in PV? (though I do not see anything that I could change). Even new movie like Terminator does not have 5.1 audio.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back