Any professional T.V calibrators in Chennai?

srinivas1015

I'm thinking of getting an LG C8 OLED and I'm a bit concerned about the calibration. I've already bought the Calman software and also the SpectraCal C6 colorimeter. I had assumed that the SDR calibration would carry over to the HDR modes like on the Sony OLEDs, but it's not the case unfortunately.

In order to calibrate HDR, a C6 HDR meter and an HDR test pattern generator are required. But these are ridiculously expensive to import and cost as much as the T.V itself (perhaps more if you count customs).

Are there any professional TV calibrators in India (in Chennai specifically) who have the equipment to calibrate displays?

Question for C8 owners: Is it possible to do a bt.2020 SDR calibration with Calman? If so, I'm wondering what exactly I'd be missing by skipping an HDR calibration. Isn't the gamma curve set by LG with no options to set the white clipping point like on the JVC?

How good is the OOB calibration? I've heard the Technicolor Picture Mode is pretty close to reference. Is this true?

I am a bit late for the party. Were you able to get your TV Calibrated, If so by whom and did it make a significant difference. Thanks in advance.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back