Epson tw9400 or benq w5700 or optoma uhd50x

so i have a question, since tone mapping issue is a thing with these projector and all my movies are in 10bit 4k hdr played via nvidia shield and denon x2700h , ll there be a problem?

Hi guys, finalized the epson 9400. Yet to decide on a screen size. Viewing distance is 10ft. Will 120inch be too big or right choice? Content is mostly 4k, good quality1080p minimum.

Last edited:
screen size bigger the better. if you can fit 120, go for it
I can fit, my worry is whether the extreme left and right side ll go out of vision. From my 10mins internet search j can see it should be fine, still wanted to confirm from the veterans.

Dealer has quoted 47k for a brand called vuemax(never heard of). Should i just get it or pay extra for grandview? Waiting for the grandview quote from him for 120.

Hi guys, finalized the epson 9400. Yet to decide on a screen size. Viewing distance is 10ft. Will 120inch be too big or right choice? Content is mostly 4k, good quality1080p minimum.
It is subjective. I sit at 12-13 ft away. And I have a 120 inch screen. I can go bigger. But I feel this size is just right. Some prefer more immersive experience. So may sit closer and choose the biggest size possible.

Get the projector and try different sizes. Settle for the one you're comfortable with. Then decide on the brand.

9400 is a good projector. Enjoy.

It is subjective. I sit at 12-13 ft away. And I have a 120 inch screen. I can go bigger. But I feel this size is just right. Some prefer more immersive experience. So may sit closer and choose the biggest size possible.

Get the projector and try different sizes. Settle for the one you're comfortable with. Then decide on the brand.

9400 is a good projector. Enjoy.
The site is under construction so cant really mount it and experiment. Did the measurement today and i have attached a few cad designs of the room here, so the screen to sofa distance is 10ft that is for sure instead of 8 which i guessed earlier.

On a side note, so vuemax tab tensioned 120 - 47k, grandview 120 - 65k. Help me decide the right once.

Silencer is right there. It is very subjective. I sit 14 feet from a 150" 16:9 screen with 1080p or lesser content. It's hugely enjoyable to me.
150" 16:9 at 14 feet will translate to around 110" at 10 feet 16:9 and 104" 2.35"1. And this is my comfort level for 1080p and even lower.

120" seems to be good for 4k (minimum possibly :) ). Can you test projection sizes sitting at 10 feet? 110" and up. It will merely need zoom adjustment.
If your content is mostly 4k, what screen aspect ratio are you considering? I expect most of your content will be 2.35:1 or thereabouts.
Are you planning a 16:9 screen or a 2.35:1?

You do need to be very careful regarding the screen size and aspect ratio.

EDIT: Go for a slightly bigger screen than you think is good. Once you get used to it, you'll want it bigger ;)

Silencer is right there. It is very subjective. I sit 14 feet from a 150" 16:9 screen with 1080p or lesser content. It's hugely enjoyable to me.
150" 16:9 at 14 feet will translate to around 110" at 10 feet 16:9 and 104" 2.35"1. And this is my comfort level for 1080p and even lower.

120" seems to be good for 4k (minimum possibly :) ). Can you test projection sizes sitting at 10 feet? 110" and up. It will merely need zoom adjustment.
If your content is mostly 4k, what screen aspect ratio are you considering? I expect most of your content will be 2.35:1 or thereabouts.
Are you planning a 16:9 screen or a 2.35:1?

You do need to be very careful regarding the screen size and aspect ratio.

EDIT: Go for a slightly bigger screen than you think is good. Once you get used to it, you'll want it bigger ;)
120 it is. Now i need to be sure about the brand. Vuemax vs grandview. 47k vs 65k. They dont have elite screens. And i'm going with 16:9 since black bars are going to stay either way.

Both are good. Is it possible for you to take a demo of the screens? It will help you decide.

You can check with the dealer for customers who bought the screens. Request him to have a word with them about the possibility of a demo for you.

If they oblige, it solves your predicament. Or if you are fine by spending the difference, go with the Grandview.

120 it is. Now i need to be sure about the brand. Vuemax vs grandview. 47k vs 65k. They dont have elite screens. And i'm going with 16:9 since black bars are going to stay either way.
Surprised by Grandview pricing. It's not really considered an expensive brand.

Why don't you try Elite Screens Sable frame SB120WH2 which is 120 inches. It is fixed frame. I'm using it and it is really good. It would cost you around 26-28 K.
the dealer doesn't have elite screen, just want to get everything from him and get it over with. Already tired with getting speakers from somewhere then sub from somewhere, coordinating with the interior guys and the installation guys etc etc .... just need to get it done. Let's see, i dont think it's wise to pay extra 20k for grandview (for what?) , i'm attaching the vuemax screen brochure for u guys to check it out and give suggestions. The material they say is pvc, is that good enough? Isnt fiberglass better material for screens?

is 65k for a tab tensioned grandview or just a simple motorized one?
Even i don't know, since i specifically asked for a tab tensioned, hoping it is. But the bigger problem is they don't have the grandview 120 in stock ... all they have is 123 and 133, not interested in either. Then they said something about DA-TUNE , i don't knw what that is. So for now i'm leaning towards vuemax if it's not too bad.

scope screen with 16:9 content ll have black bars on the side. !6:9 screen with cinemascope ll have black bars on top and bottom. I prefer the black bars on top and bottom rather than seeing them on the sides.
That's fine then. You can even rollup the screen to eliminate the bottom bar.

... all they have is 123 and 133, not interested in either.
Why not 123?

Back