Epson tw9400 or benq w5700 or optoma uhd50x

Thanks for the response. What would be the alternative options(Benq Tk800 or epson Tw5650) or any other short throw projectors would do the work? or it would be over kill to have 120 inch image projected on the wall in 11x12 room?
You can go for Benq W2700/HT3550 which is kind of short throw. Please refer to the below link for distance to screen size and decide for yourself. All the best.

I had a BenQ 1080ST short throw before I got the 9400. Was a very vfm and decent Projector , but the image was certainly outside viewing angles at 120 inch. With the 9400 I can see almost the entire screen in my viewing angle at a seating distance of about 9 feet
Thanks, will look into that 9400 model.

You can go for Benq W2700/HT3550 which is kind of short throw. Please refer to the below link for distance to screen size and decide for yourself. All the best.

Thanks for the suggestion, I wanted to limit my budget to 1.5l maximum for the projector, and this benq 2700 and epson 9400 are going above 1.7l, so need to adjust my budget and decide on one of these projector.

What would be lamp replacement in both epson & benq and also the availability of lamps? may be in another 3-5 years!

Thanks for the suggestion, I wanted to limit my budget to 1.5l maximum for the projector, and this benq 2700 and epson 9400 are going above 1.7l, so need to adjust my budget and decide on one of these projector.

What would be lamp replacement in both epson & benq and also the availability of lamps? may be in another 3-5 years!
Benq 2700 u can get it for 1.5

Great projectors to choose from. BenQ will be sharper since it is a DLP. But Epson can be equally great and you won't find it blurry.

The source matters a lot. But many here own 9400. It is a great projector for the price and the replacement bulbs are reasonably priced. It is brighter so if you use MadVR, it can shine even well for tone mapped HDR content.

You won't be disappointed with either of them. Good luck.
Hi Silencer,

I'm doing similar research to decide the best 4K projector for my setup. I have primarily been looking into the Benq 1700m and Epson TW7100, but have recently been wondering if the stretch to TW9400 or W5700 is worth it.

I will be using these in a dark room (no light, walls painted black) seated around 9' from the screen. I will primarily be streaming content using Plex + Infuse on an Apple TV 4K through a Denon X2400H. To a lesser extent (maybe ~30%) I'll be using it to watch sports on hotstar or other streaming apps (also on the Apple TV).

I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate on your comment about "source matters a lot". While I have been trying to only dl the best of the best quality, unfortunately that is simply not available for a lot of content, especially older / more obscure movies, etc.

My library is ~40-50% 4K movies (bitrate averaging around 8-10 mbps), 30% 1080p (~2-3mbps) and the rest is SD or 480p.

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether you feel the upgrade is worth it. Thanks a ton!

And of course, any other fm who reads this and wishes to share their pov is welcome to as well!

Hi Silencer,

I'm doing similar research to decide the best 4K projector for my setup. I have primarily been looking into the Benq 1700m and Epson TW7100, but have recently been wondering if the stretch to TW9400 or W5700 is worth it.

I will be using these in a dark room (no light, walls painted black) seated around 9' from the screen. I will primarily be streaming content using Plex + Infuse on an Apple TV 4K through a Denon X2400H. To a lesser extent (maybe ~30%) I'll be using it to watch sports on hotstar or other streaming apps (also on the Apple TV).

I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate on your comment about "source matters a lot". While I have been trying to only dl the best of the best quality, unfortunately that is simply not available for a lot of content, especially older / more obscure movies, etc.

My library is ~40-50% 4K movies (bitrate averaging around 8-10 mbps), 30% 1080p (~2-3mbps) and the rest is SD or 480p.

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether you feel the upgrade is worth it. Thanks a ton!

And of course, any other fm who reads this and wishes to share their pov is welcome to as well!

I am using TW9400 from Dec 2020, most of my content (90%) is through streaming through Nvidia Shield Pro >Real Debrid>Kodi and OTT contents (Netflix, Prime, Hot star etc.).

I was having XGIMI H2 and upgraded to TW9400. For me its a pure day and night different compare to my old XGIMI LED projector and the new KODI 19 handles the HDR brilliantly.

95% i am streaming 4k HDR, 4K and 1080P content, the color and HDR handling capability of the 9400 is brilliant almost comparable to my LG OLED TV. ( I never demoed or watched any native 4k PJs. So, can't compare those).

If you have lot of 4k and HDR content (either through OTT or stored in HDD or streaming) this PJ is of course a value for money.

And on watching sports content, I watched cricket match and its ok... not like watching in a TV but better than my old LED PJ.

Tried playing PS4 games.. its great.. handles 60FPS very well.

I just browsed the price of the lamp and it is comparably cheaper than DLP PJs (average of 12 to 13 k)

Hi Silencer,

Sorry, I was away for vacation. Raibowsong was right. If you can stretch the budget, 9400 is a wonderful projector. Now most of us stream, and if you have a good connection, stream them in 4k ( though not all titles are available in 4k ). But a decent 1080p looks incredible on a 9400.

Or choose a good quality source like bluray disc.

9400 is a great projector and I feel it is well worth.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back