Epson tw9400 or benq w5700 or optoma uhd50x

Using Optoma UHD 50x on a white wall since a month and only problem I face is in ambient light it doesn't perform well other wise in dark room gives very good output 120Inch scree. From 10ft distance.

the dealer doesn't have elite screen, just want to get everything from him and get it over with. Already tired with getting speakers from somewhere then sub from somewhere, coordinating with the interior guys and the installation guys etc etc .... just need to get it done. Let's see, i dont think it's wise to pay extra 20k for grandview (for what?) , i'm attaching the vuemax screen brochure for u guys to check it out and give suggestions. The material they say is pvc, is that good enough? Isnt fiberglass better material for screens?
i think fiberglass is just a extra layer to make the screen stiffer. as it is a tensioned one you will not need fiber glass

It is subjective. I sit at 12-13 ft away. And I have a 120 inch screen. I can go bigger. But I feel this size is just right. Some prefer more immersive experience. So may sit closer and choose the biggest size possible.

Get the projector and try different sizes. Settle for the one you're comfortable with. Then decide on the brand.

9400 is a good projector. Enjoy.
Hi, do you have madvr setup properly for tone mapping hdr? I used to use it for my pc monitor, but completely out of touch for years ... Can you please directly towards the recent updates and setup process. Seems like there have been substantial progress in the algorithm, people are saying it really makes a difference. But not getting a concise consolidated guide, gettings bits and pieces from here and there.

Since you know about it, I suggest trying it on your own. As you know, it can't be explained consisely. I use a modest Epson 5650 now. 9400 is at home town. Haven't gone there for a year due to Covid.

Yes, MadVR has grown a lot. AVSForum has a vast official thread.

Please look in to it.

Hi, do you have madvr setup properly for tone mapping hdr? I used to use it for my pc monitor, but completely out of touch for years ... Can you please directly towards the recent updates and setup process. Seems like there have been substantial progress in the algorithm, people are saying it really makes a difference. But not getting a concise consolidated guide, gettings bits and pieces from here and there.
A lot of discussion going on about madvr.can some one enlighten us how to set it up.what all we need for its setup.im not technical man so curious to know.thanks in advance

MadVR is a video renderer. It processes the video using a graphic card. You need a minimum of 4GB graphic card as the algorithms are computationally intensive. You need to download the latest build and use it along with MPC or Pot Player.

It is mainly used for upscaling videos to 4K and does a commendable job. There are many threads across web on how to get it right.

On a slightly different note, what colours are you planning for the walls and the ceiling? And the curtains.
These need to be as dark as possible to truly enjoy the new toy ☺️
What does the large door lead to? If it's to the outside, daytime viewing will be affected.

On a slightly different note, what colours are you planning for the walls and the ceiling? And the curtains.
These need to be as dark as possible to truly enjoy the new toy ☺️
What does the large door lead to? If it's to the outside, daytime viewing will be affected.
Curtains ive told my designer i want them in black and as thick as possible and not shiny. Not gonna be a wall, ll be a motorized 120 screen. Either vuemax or grandview.

But guys on a second thought, i kinda want to get the jvc nx5 mainly for two reasons. Dynamic tone mapping and native 4k resolution. What should i do? Worth the almost double in price difference?

But guys on a second thought, i kinda want to get the jvc nx5 mainly for two reasons. Dynamic tone mapping and native 4k resolution. What should i do?
Don’t know if you’re going to be sitting close enough to the screen to benefit from native 4K resolution.

Worth the almost double in price difference?

While that’s a personal call, HDR on a projector without some sort of DTM is a huge compromise, IMO. DTM for HDR is like having a new projector compared to static tone mapping/none on the same PJ.

Curtains ive told my designer i want them in black and as thick as possible and not shiny. Not gonna be a wall, ll be a motorized 120 screen. Either vuemax or grandview.

But guys on a second thought, i kinda want to get the jvc nx5 mainly for two reasons. Dynamic tone mapping and native 4k resolution. What should i do? Worth the almost double in price difference?
There is more to image than just resolution. Contrast, Sharpness, Black levels etc. I love the current crop of native 4k machines like the 295ES or the NX 5.
Both excellent projectors. The Tone mapping on the NX series is really a game changer and if you can jump onto a NX 5 easily, get it. All glass lens hence very sharp images all over the screen, excellent black levels and if the room is setup properly its nothing less than an OLED.

Also keep in mind, you have some Gamma Curves on the 295ES ( which you will have to upload ) which help HDR immensely.

Only if you have a dedicated room for HT, it will be worth spending on JVC Nx5.
I have a Epson TW8400 installed in the living room, i feel it is good enough.
If I had a dedicated room , I would have gone for separates - pre+power and a better projector like JVC Nx5.
all the best.

Bad/sad news. Can't really go with the jvc at the moment, lack of fund since i'm building the whole apartment from scratch, lot of other things i have to take care of. Hopefully in next 2-3 years.

Anyway, do we get the 3yr warranty and extra bulb on the indian model as well? Like what i have seen from the reviews they do that in usa.

Bad/sad news. Can't really go with the jvc at the moment, lack of fund since i'm building the whole apartment from scratch, lot of other things i have to take care of. Hopefully in next 2-3 years.

Anyway, do we get the 3yr warranty and extra bulb on the indian model as well? Like what i have seen from the reviews they do that in usa.
Did you get an answer to your query?

I can understand as I hail from a small town. Kolkata is no small town. You could find some decent places there. I suggest make a separate thread for asking demo places in Kolkata.

I have a recently bought 5650. A 9400 at home town. To my eyes, 5650 is sharp enough if you play a decent 1080 source. I sit at around 12 feet, but my screen is 120 inches. I can see the pixels if I stand at 3 feet.

I had issues with convergence, so I stood closer to screen to describe the problem to the Epson service engineer.

You won't see any pixels at 9 feet. And like I said many times before across multiple threads, Epson pop colors. So vivid. On a direct comparison, you will pick Epson over other pixel shifters in the range.

And other perks like lens shift and a trouble-free ownership. It is a proven model. You can increase the sharpness to your liking. I don't recommend that, though.

I will always suggest Epson to everyone. Not a fanboy, but they are good.

If you can stretch, Sony or JVC offer class leading projectors. But again, different technology and expensive.

Unless you have a perfectly treated room, spending money on higher end projectors is not worth.
buddy seeing as u are a passionate epson guy , same as me, pl guide me on a good HT amp to manage this PJ.. presently im running a denon AVR 2313 (got it 7-8 years back) . still runs like a dream but maybe long in the tooth to handle a 4K projector ?

buddy seeing as u are a passionate epson guy , same as me, pl guide me on a good HT amp to manage this PJ.. presently im running a denon AVR 2313 (got it 7-8 years back) . still runs like a dream but maybe long in the tooth to handle a 4K projector ?
Sorry for the late reply. I am on a vacation. A receiver choice depends on many aspects. From budget to room to sound signature. Plese elaborate your requirements and setup.

I have 11x12 size room and wanted to setup a projector. Have onkyo 5.1.2 AVR and planning to buy a projector.

Please help me choose a projector between Epson TW7100 vs Benq TK800? my concern is whether one of these projector would be able to give 120 inch image? If not, which projector would work for my requirements? Idea is to have Full HD with 3D option.

I have 11x12 size room and wanted to setup a projector. Have onkyo 5.1.2 AVR and planning to buy a projector.

Please help me choose a projector between Epson TW7100 vs Benq TK800? my concern is whether one of these projector would be able to give 120 inch image? If not, which projector would work for my requirements? Idea is to have Full HD with 3D option.

120 inch image at a distance of 11 feet would not be possible with the Epson, probably will be around 95-100 inches. The Epson projector size will eat up about a feet or more in combination with power cable/hdmi cable , so you will be effectively projecting at about 9.5/10.5 feet respectively.

120 inch image at a distance of 11 feet would not be possible with the Epson, probably will be around 95-100 inches. The Epson projector size will eat up about a feet or more in combination with power cable/hdmi cable , so you will be effectively projecting at about 9.5/10.5 feet respectively.
Thanks for the response. What would be the alternative options(Benq Tk800 or epson Tw5650) or any other short throw projectors would do the work? or it would be over kill to have 120 inch image projected on the wall in 11x12 room?

Any suggestions where I can get demo of Epson tw9400 in Hyderabad and best price. I am debating to get VAVA from US or buy tw9400 locally in Hyderabad.
Any suggestions. I know I am deviating topic by including VAVA also, but thought all the discussion can happen in same thread.
Thanks.

Thanks for the response. What would be the alternative options(Benq Tk800 or epson Tw5650) or any other short throw projectors would do the work? or it would be over kill to have 120 inch image projected on the wall in 11x12 room?

I had a BenQ 1080ST short throw before I got the 9400. Was a very vfm and decent Projector , but the image was certainly outside viewing angles at 120 inch. With the 9400 I can see almost the entire screen in my viewing angle at a seating distance of about 9 feet

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back