Fans of Television Series

I respectfully disagree. This is one of my favorite shows and better than 95% of the shows going around. Let me know if your perception changes once you move forward.
I agree now. I finished all the seasons :D

In the first Thor movie, when Coulson grabs Jane's research and equipment, he comes across as just another "bad" guy from some shady govt org. But after watching this series, and then watching Thor again, the perception is light years apart.

I think this is one of the better-made series in this genre.

Tehran on Apple TV+: A Mossad agent is on a plane that is forced to land in Tehran. 2 episodes in. Fantastic BGM and a nice cast in this thriller. Co-created by Moshe Zonder of Fauda fame. Highly recommended!
I am enjoying the same. Iranian films have always had a special class and this series doesn’t disappoint. Though it’s more western in its cinematic approach than oriental, the context and environment make it feel different/exotic enough to interest.

Tehran on Apple TV+: A Mossad agent is on a plane that is forced to land in Tehran. 2 episodes in. Fantastic BGM and a nice cast in this thriller. Co-created by Moshe Zonder of Fauda fame. Highly recommended!
I have that one in mind. Been delaying it for a very long time now. Just finished Warrior Nun on Netflix. And before that Wentworth too. Have recently subscribed to Discovery Plus for 199 for the year. I love Gordon Ramsey, so am watching Hell's Kitchen there ;);)

Off late APV has come up with this weird idea of releasing one or first few episodes of any series and then makes us wait for the rest. Bad move. I lost interest in The Boys and Fargo (Season 4). But someday, I will watch them to completion.

***NEWS**** LOTR (Lord of the Rings) based series is going to be made and aired by Amazon. It is set as a prequel to the movie series we all loved and watched. I was interviewed for the responses by APV via a web questionnaire. I am expecting a first look at the pilot in a few weeks and then answer another set. If there is an NCA (there was one when I first watched The Boys pilot), then I may not be able to share any details. If not, then I will share all the juice here. Watch this space.

***NEWS**** LOTR (Lord of the Rings) based series is going to be made and aired by Amazon. It is set as a prequel to the movie series we all loved and watched. I was interviewed for the responses by APV via a web questionnaire. I am expecting a first look at the pilot in a few weeks and then answer another set. If there is an NCA (there was one when I first watched The Boys pilot), then I may not be able to share any details. If not, then I will share all the juice here. Watch this space.
***NDA

Done..binge watched it a few days ago. It was good and a riveting watch. Waiting for the new season. Historically Apple TV is slow in releasing its seasons - See, Defending Jacob, now Tehran...lets see now.

The Queen's Gambit on Netflix: A mother deliberately crashes her car, with her young daughter in it. The child survives unhurt and is taken into an orphanage. Turns out that the child is a chess prodigy...

Dark/grim a fair amount of the time. Fantastic acting, gripping story and engaging screenplay (even if a bit slow for me). Well worth a watch, IMO.

+1 to Queens Gambit. Anya Taylor is terrific.
"His Dark materials" : I am sure people with those big screens or projectors will enjoy it.
Gullak : A light hearted comedy drama which will surely bring a smile on your face. No over the top comedy and it can be watched with the entire family.
Watching latest season of "The Crown".
Waiting for "the Mandalorian" S02 to complete. Waiting for a week for the next episode is difficult :p.

Modern Love : On APV..

Just brilliant storytelling & acting all around.. Based on actual Reader's letters to the NYT, real life stories.
Gets a bit slow in the later episodes, but with a surprise twist in the end.

On another note, I found that there are so many shows on APV that are in HDR !
Q though : If they are in HDR, are they also UHD/4K ?
Even Hotstar seems to be surprising in rolling out much HDR, DV shows !

Last week I watched the first 3 episodes from season 1 of NEXT. Amazing storyline. Those who have watched and liked Person of Interest will like it.

Dammit!!! In the era of binge watching, waiting for episodes is so bygone. I started watching and then had to leave it midway because of this. Took away all the excitement. It's such a killjoy.

Dammit!!! In the era of binge watching, waiting for episodes is so bygone. I started watching and then had to leave it midway because of this. Took away all the excitement. It's such a killjoy.
Even I love binge-watching. That's why most of the time I wait for a series to get over; once it is over I watch the entire season in a day or two. This time NEXT was an exception. BTW, Ep 4 & 5 are on air. If you haven't watched these, please watch.
FBI season 3 is here. I have watched the Ep 1. In FBI, each episode showcases a fresh case/story. FBI won't take away your excitement. You can also try FBI. Last week, I completed 'Tehran' Se1. Now waiting for season 2.

Even I love binge-watching. That's why most of the time I wait for a series to get over; once it is over I watch the entire season in a day or two. This time NEXT was an exception. BTW, Ep 4 & 5 are on air. If you haven't watched these, please watch.
FBI season 3 is here. I have watched the Ep 1. In FBI, each episode showcases a fresh case/story. FBI won't take away your excitement. You can also try FBI. Last week, I completed 'Tehran' Se1. Now waiting for season 2.
I will wait for the entire season to get over. So many OTT providers are doing this. See (Apple), Fargo - latest season, The Boys(APV), Next. I think I watched FBI. But let me check. Sounds interesting.

Off late a lot of series' of the Crime and Thriller genre are on air. Hindi included. Some are truly good, while some are just trash. Pure, filthy trash. We do write about the good stuff, but allow me to write about some really, really, certified, authentic torture. Dangerous(MX) is one such series. Its atrocious, with all CAPS. I mean A.T.R.O.C.I.O.U.S. The plot is cheap, the acting crummy, awful and miserable. The story is so predictable that when we were discussing the harrowing time we spent watching this eyesore and a pure torture, my son almost guessed the entire so-called-suspense. Dangerous is the reason why Bipasha should take a life long sabbatical and give up acting. I truly hope she kept her day job. She will be doing us a favor. This series also underlines the fact that your chemistry with your husband may or may not work in the confines and privacy of your bedroom(we are least interested), but surely it does not on the TV screen. I will not even mention her husband and acting in one breath. Dangerous is a series which underscores so many facts we already knew - Vikram Bhatt is a spent force, Who even is Bhushan Patel? Mika Singh has a absolutely NO sense of storytelling and has ZERO business acumen. No, Nothing, Nada, Zilch. His web series is as cheap as his behavior in recent times. Shows, money can give you faux confidence but no brains! You cannot buy class and intelligence.
The cast gives an idea of the magnitude of misery heaped upon us - poor viewers. Karan Singh Grover in the lead. The only time he probably opens his mouth is while yawning I guess. Suyash Rai - He couldn't even act in Bigg Boss and Box Cricket, Bipasha - Less said the better, Sonali Raut - My hometown girl - should've stayed anonymous. Looked sexy though, Natasha Suri - Good thing she has modeling to fall back upon, Nitin Arora - Who????????

Dangerous in short, is just that - DANGEROUS. For us and for our sanity.

I should stop venting lest, you consider me in the Dangerous category. Please don't watch this torture, it's nails on the chalkboard types. I will even *pay* you for not watching, its that bad. I am writing this so that you do not take the risk of being mentally raped and then thrown into a decent few weeks of unsolicited depression. Please stay away from everything that has the above names in it.

PS. Oh! I feel so good now :cool:

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back