Help me in budget 55 inch or 65 inch purchase

TCL TV's are good but quality wise not as good as the ones that are sold in US. They have one of the worst service even in warranty/guarantee period. The problem is these TV's are not serviceable (not only TCL but many other front-line TV's like Sony, Samsung, LG...etc). As for other frontline TV's usually the service is quick as they change the board/panel or the TV itself if it is not serviceable. As for TCL if the TV does not work they will simply say they do not have the parts and will procure them as and when they are available . I was unfortunate to buy it and had a harrowing time replacing the faulty panel. It took them 3 months and advocate notice from my side to have things moving to get the panel replaced. This is my experience but probably it might be different for others.

No doubt the TV is very good but please protect your TV with a good stabilizer.

Wish I could add anything positive, but I'm stuck in a similar situation. Their OTA software update bricked the TV, which remained stuck on updating software screen overnight, and it's been out since more than a month. Customer service clueless of course.

Hi Kecha,

I went thru cord cutter route and my consumption is now only thru ott

I can certainly vouch that tv performs brilliantly well and certainly integrated onkyo soundbar is a notch above than the traditional integrated sound system. Here's my pov

Stuff I like about the tv
1. Dolby vision + hdr content video Play immaculately well.
2. Immersive sound I don't think it simulates Dolby Atmos but certainly on sound quality you will not be disappointed
3. Android tv experience is a real deal. No stuttering whatsover
4. Motion judder is handled really well with memc (esp for sports content). See that big difference with tv without memc
5. Netflix's Dolby vision / uhd content is a standout. Esp Our Planet Earth and Night On Earth documentaries
6. Farfield works good sometimes slow in processing compared to our phones
7. I feel 350 nits is just right and colors definitely pops
8. Good upscaling - I see certain news channel with 568P quality upscaled to a decent level
9. 3-side Bezel less offers good immersive experience

Stuff I fret - maybe a deal breaker for u too
1. Even thou blacks handled very well some time black light bleeding when you transition between apps.
2. Lip sync issue with Amazon prime video - this is driving me crazy. With all ott apps I use, I face lip sync issue only with Amazon prime. I tried casting from my mobile - but in vain. I have a raised a complaint with Amazon - let's see if they can fix this with an update
3. Picture setting certain degree of calibration - i prefer watching on Movie or standard so that colors don't look
Oversaturated

Personally for me pros weigh more than cons

Coming to the price: I bought it from Tcl store in mogappair, Chennai for Rs. 52k w/ 3 year warranty.
I was in a bit of a shock when they quoted 55k and later negotiated for 52k.

For 52k it offer a good package but gauge spending 18k more justify the features oneplus offers
Thanks for the update.. I just took a demo of OnePlus (Reliance digital) and TCL C8 (TCL store) in mogappair west.. Personally I felt TCL stood out..

When i played the Dolby Vision and hdr10 contents that I took in my pendrive, the inbuilt player in OnePlus TV did not play even a single file smoothly.. it played all the files but heavy stuttering.. the FW was old which might be the reason and the latest FW might have resolved this... OnePlus is very active to feed back and they give hotfix even for individual users if you contact the support team and upload the logs.. Also, I felt the brightness was low in film/cinema modes.. It was low even in DV bright mode.. It did not impress much w.r.t brightness as compared to TCL C8 in the store.. QLED or not but TCL C8 popped more than oneplus tv.. both was in cinema/movie picture mode.. On the contrary the TCL C8 TV played 90% of files and it even showed DV, HDR10 logo when playing them and it looked great.. just that YouTube was stuttering a bit in 4K but that might be the wifi speed issue in the store. .. Even though OnePlus TV on paper specs show 500 bits it was a bit dim compared to 350 nits in TCL .. not sure why.. overall I am impressed with TCL.. I was also quoted 52K after discount.. but the launch price was Rs.50999.. he informed the price went up.. will wait for Realme TV launch on 25th and then decide..

Did you get any OTA update on the TCL C8 TV?

Good comparison, thank you. Is it for 55in or 65in?

The Realme TV launch is confirmed to be on 25th?

Yes.. Realme QLED TV is confirmed for 25th May as they have already sent out invites for the launch..

Both Oneplus and TCL C8 I checked was 55 inches..

Thanks for the update.. I just took a demo of OnePlus (Reliance digital) and TCL C8 (TCL store) in mogappair west.. Personally I felt TCL stood out..

When i played the Dolby Vision and hdr10 contents that I took in my pendrive, the inbuilt player in OnePlus TV did not play even a single file smoothly.. it played all the files but heavy stuttering.. the FW was old which might be the reason and the latest FW might have resolved this... OnePlus is very active to feed back and they give hotfix even for individual users if you contact the support team and upload the logs.. Also, I felt the brightness was low in film/cinema modes.. It was low even in DV bright mode.. It did not impress much w.r.t brightness as compared to TCL C8 in the store.. QLED or not but TCL C8 popped more than oneplus tv.. both was in cinema/movie picture mode.. On the contrary the TCL C8 TV played 90% of files and it even showed DV, HDR10 logo when playing them and it looked great.. just that YouTube was stuttering a bit in 4K but that might be the wifi speed issue in the store. .. Even though OnePlus TV on paper specs show 500 bits it was a bit dim compared to 350 nits in TCL .. not sure why.. overall I am impressed with TCL.. I was also quoted 52K after discount.. but the launch price was Rs.50999.. he informed the price went up.. will wait for Realme TV launch on 25th and then decide..

Did you get any OTA update on the TCL C8 TV?

Not yet...however I tried to check for system update but it says it running most updated version

Thanks @Kecha_R

I'll wait for the announcement as well. I was waiting for Mi TV 5 series launch as well. I checked the Mi store today - they had Mi 4x 65in available for 56k. That is a good TV with MEMC, 10bit panel. Guess it has WCG too.

I was also eyeing Sony X950G - that TV lost 60k pricing in last week. It was selling around 2.2L, now down to 1.6L or so. I am yet to convince myself to put 1.6L on a TV tech which obsoletes in every other year. Buying TV has been so confusing decision for me. Wife said to get 75in too :(

Not yet...however I tried to check for system update but it says it running most updated version

Did you manually try sideloading an older prime video apk and see if you still have audio sync issue?? Just try.. Please check what version Prime video you have I can give you a litter older version apk to see if it resolves the issue.. I personally feel an older apk should resolve..

Thanks @Kecha_R

I'll wait for the announcement as well. I was waiting for Mi TV 5 series launch as well. I checked the Mi store today - they had Mi 4x 65in available for 56k. That is a good TV with MEMC, 10bit panel. Guess it has WCG too.

I was also eyeing Sony X950G - that TV lost 60k pricing in last week. It was selling around 2.2L, now down to 1.6L or so. I am yet to convince myself to put 1.6L on a TV tech which obsoletes in every other year. Buying TV has been so confusing decision for me. Wife said to get 75in too :(

MI tv is good for that price.. but if you can stretch your budget there are lot of much better tvs.. Even TCL C8 is much better with Dolby vision and Atmos support... This supports even HDR10+ which is not supported in MI 4x series ... But I understand 65 inch TCL C8 is around 70K...

Are you looking for only 65 inch? In that case I think Realme may not announce that size.. but I am not sure they can surprise us.. If you are in to sony then I got the below pricing info from reliance digital

55 inch X8000G/X80G - 69K
55 inch X8500G/X85G - 80K

Just check if you are interested In them..

Last edited:
Thanks @Kecha_R - you're right, Realme may not launch a 65in option. I am looking for 65in mainly. I'll be interested in 75in too, however, the only options in 75 that I can afford at VU and TCL C2US.

TCL C8 is 72k for 65in vs 56k for Xiaomi. Between both - I"ll pick Xiaomi - merely for the cost factor. In PQ - I'll expect them to be close to each other.

I don't want to repent buying MI TV 4x when they are about to launch series 5. Ah - told you, buying TV has been ever so confusing. I have a VU 75 in office - costs 1L - I am happy with its brightness and colors. Here is a quick review I posted on Youtube about it:

Did you manually try sideloading an older prime video apk and see if you still have audio sync issue?? Just try.. Please check what version Prime video you have I can give you a litter older version apk to see if it resolves the issue.. I personally feel an older apk should resolve..

Version I find in my tv --> 5.0.15-googleplay-armv7a

If you could send me apk version that'd be great

Wish I could add anything positive, but I'm stuck in a similar situation. Their OTA software update bricked the TV, which remained stuck on updating software screen overnight, and it's been out since more than a month. Customer service clueless of course.

So did you actually receive an OTA update on TCL tv? Which model is that?

Version I find in my tv --> 5.0.15-googleplay-armv7a

If you could send me apk version that'd be great

The latest version for prime video is 5.2.6.. so you are on older version..please check in play store and see if you can update prime video there .. if not here is the link for aptiode TV store (tv+aptoide+com).. just replace "+" with a "." in this url.. This is alternative for play store.. go to this url and download apk for this aptoide store... Then install this aptiode tv store with the apk file you downloaded.. Here you have lot of apps that you don't see in play store... just install the latest available prime video from this aptiode tv store.

Note: Let me know if you don't fine prime video in play store search... In many android TVs prime video is not available in play store since that tv might have not been whitelisted yet.. so the tv brand just install an older version of prime video which might have few bugs..

Thanks @Kecha_R - you're right, Realme may not launch a 65in option. I am looking for 65in mainly. I'll be interested in 75in too, however, the only options in 75 that I can afford at VU and TCL C2US.

TCL C8 is 72k for 65in vs 56k for Xiaomi. Between both - I"ll pick Xiaomi - merely for the cost factor. In PQ - I'll expect them to be close to each other.

I don't want to repent buying MI TV 4x when they are about to launch series 5. Ah - told you, buying TV has been ever so confusing. I have a VU 75 in office - costs 1L - I am happy with its brightness and colors. Here is a quick review I posted on Youtube about it:

My personal advice.. if you are in urgent need of a tv just get VU 75 inch.. since you already have it in your office and satisfied with it.. So you know what to expect.. There are a lot of tvs (Especially IPS panels) which looks great in showroom and then the blacks look very poor when you see it in home on a dark room.. so you will not be disappointed with this VU tv..

But if you are willing to wait then wait for 2 months within which you will have options like Realme TV ( if they release a 65 inch atleast), also TCL and Xiaomi might launch their latest lineup. .. As per my conversation with sales person in TCL showroom TCL is launching QLED TVs next month.

P.S... How I wish I too have a 75 inch 4K android TV with internet connection in my office. ;-)

The latest version for prime video is 5.2.6.. so you are on older version..please check in play store and see if you can update prime video there .. if not here is the link for aptiode TV store (tv+aptoide+com).. just replace "+" with a "." in this url.. This is alternative for play store.. go to this url and download apk for this aptoide store... Then install this aptiode tv store with the apk file you downloaded.. Here you have lot of apps that you don't see in play store... just install the latest available prime video from this aptiode tv store.

Note: Let me know if you don't fine prime video in play store search... In many android TVs prime video is not available in play store since that tv might have not been whitelisted yet.. so the tv brand just install an older version of prime video which might have few bugs..
Thx... I don't see primevideo on playstore - let me try sideloading as you suggested

Thx... I don't see primevideo on playstore - let me try sideloading as you suggested

Please sideload the version 5.2.6 and update if audio sync issue is still there.

Also confirm if prime video is able to play titles in HDR and Dolby Vision..

Last edited:
Please sideload the version 5.2.6 and update if audio sync issue is still there.

Also confirm if prime video is able to play titles in HDR and Dolby Vision..

Updated to latest version 5.2.6, now issue subsidised in 1080P movies / shows, but still pathetic on Ultra HD (esp. those stand up comed shows). Now, I really have to chase those Amazon guys :confused:

On HDR 10/10+/DV: As per highdefdigest(.)com --> https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...in-hdr10-dolby-vision-andor-dolby-atmos/42831

there are only 2 titles on Prime in Dolby Vision format but i see TCL C8 picking up those series in HDR 10+ format

Updated to latest version 5.2.6, now issue subsidised in 1080P movies / shows, but still pathetic on Ultra HD (esp. those stand up comed shows). Now, I really have to chase those Amazon guys :confused:

On HDR 10/10+/DV: As per highdefdigest(.)com --> https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...in-hdr10-dolby-vision-andor-dolby-atmos/42831

there are only 2 titles on Prime in Dolby Vision format but i see TCL C8 picking up those series in HDR 10+ format

Thanks for the information.. Strangely I did not face this audio sync issue on the TCL store (mogappair west) today in prime video (even for 4k hdr/non HDR).. Yes I visited them again today :).. I also saw it picked up Jack Ryan in HDR10+.. however HDR10+ is equal to Dolby vision so nothing to worry.. But I forgot to check the prime video version in the store.. If you are nearby you can check it and try sideloading that version...

I have also purchased this tv today from them.. for 52k.. waiting for installation.. any procedure we need to follow up to get TCL guys for installation??

IMG_20200518_165339_compress70.jpgIMG_20200518_165357_compress20.jpgIMG_20200518_165405_compress57.jpgIMG_20200518_165442_compress87.jpg

Thanks for the information.. Strangely I did not face this audio sync issue on the TCL store (mogappair west) today in prime video (even for 4k hdr/non HDR).. Yes I visited them again today :).. I also saw it picked up Jack Ryan in HDR10+.. however HDR10+ is equal to Dolby vision so nothing to worry.. But I forgot to check the prime video version in the store.. If you are nearby you can check it and try sideloading that version...

I have also purchased this tv today from them.. for 52k.. waiting for installation.. any procedure we need to follow up to get TCL guys for installation??

View attachment 45688View attachment 45689View attachment 45690View attachment 45691

wow awesome. Congrats... i thought you'd wait for Realme TV hahaha

btw easiest way to book for wall mount
1. find TCL electronic on Facebook
2. ping them on messenger and services is booked

They are quite responsive

On Amazon prime - this driving me crazy

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back