Help me in budget 55 inch or 65 inch purchase

wow awesome. Congrats... i thought you'd wait for Realme TV hahaha

btw easiest way to book for wall mount
1. find TCL electronic on Facebook
2. ping them on messenger and services is booked

They are quite responsive

On Amazon prime - this driving me crazy

Personally not very fond of Realme Brand.. So I am sure they will try to compete Xiaomi and try to price the TV cheap where the picture quality may not be equal to C8.. Also, information in below link does not give much confidence either as they only mentioned Dolby audio and not Dolby Atmos.. Even if they give all specs equal or better then TCL C8 then still I will need to see it's picture quality in person before taking the plunge... In this case I don't know if I will be able to see the Realme TV in person anywhere soon offline .... My wife also advised me that if I am satisfied with TCL C8 why to keep waiting for other launches since always launches are gonna keep happening and we will be seeing better TVs if we keep waiting . So she suggested to get this one itself. so I got it..

As for prime video I am not bothered.. I have a MI Box S with me which can play 4K HDR from prime video fine.. I will update my experience with prime video once i install the TV

Personally not very fond of Realme Brand.. So I am sure they will try to compete Xiaomi and try to price the TV cheap where the picture quality may not be equal to C8.. Also, information in below link does not give much confidence either as they only mentioned Dolby audio and not Dolby Atmos.. Even if they give all specs equal or better then TCL C8 then still I will need to see it's picture quality in person before taking the plunge... In this case I don't know if I will be able to see the Realme TV in person anywhere soon offline .... My wife also advised me that if I am satisfied with TCL C8 why to keep waiting for other launches since always launches are gonna keep happening and we will be seeing better TVs if we keep waiting . So she suggested to get this one itself. so I got it..

As for prime video I am not bothered.. I have a MI Box S with me which can play 4K HDR from prime video fine.. I will update my experience with prime video once i install the TV

Totally agree... I'd say you did the right thing by listening to your wife

Would be waiting for your feedback esp. on prime. Lmk

Sure.. I pinged TCL electronics in messenger and they have given me a service request number.. let's see.. Will keep you updated on Prime video as I too watch a lot of content in it.

After i got the service request using facebook messenger the technician came and installed the TV. Short Initial impressions after watching it for few hours. I am planning to open a new ownership thread after using the TV for few more days.

The Good:
1.) Picture quality is great as per my initial impressions. 4K content looks great.
2.) I played local files (movies) in KODI media player (via MI Box S). the upscaling capability is very good too for both 720P and 1080P.
3.) No audio sync issues i could see in my TV on Prime video. This is from the default inbuilt version 5.0.15. I watched Jack Ryan, Darbar (Tamil), Viswasam (Tamil) for sometime and could not see any issues. However, before ruling out i will still watch prime video for more time and comment on the same.
4.) Out of the box picture settings are great. I tried my basic calibration files which is used to adjust Brightness, contrast, colour etc. I could see it only need very minor tweaks (In Movie Mode) which means out of the box colour accuracy is great atleast in Movie mode.
5.) HDR content looks great. I watched few OTT content and few local HDR content that i have. Both looked great.
6.) Black levels are great and the panel is clean with great grey uniformity with no dirty screen effect. I personally feel this is one of the best panels this side of 50K. The Content looks great in both bright and dark room. So great for watching movies as well in a dark room.

The Bad:
1.) Remote, Remote, Remote, - Pathetic remote. I am not sure if its bluetooth or not. It works only when i point it to the TV. My MI Box bluetooth remote works even in next room, across walls which is great.
2.) Poor voice recognition. I believe this is also due to remote where the mic is not able to pick up the voice properly. I tried searching content in youtube but it did not pickup the words properly. My wife started using youtube in MI Box S due to this, where it picks up perfect even for tamil words.
3.) The OS/interface is a bit laggy compared to my MI BoX S. Its not visible during normal usage but only when comparted to my other box i feel MI BoX is snappier then the TV interface. Its not a dealbreaker and not easily noticable as well.

I have purchased VGuard crystal plus stabilizer. I have connected this TV, MI Box S and also a usb hub in it for now.

@srinath6 Should i pair the remote separately with TV in the bluetooth settings for it to work correctly? How do you find the remote, does it pick up the voice properly.

Note: These impressions are with my seating position which is 9feet away from the TV.

IMG_20200519_190930.jpg

IMG_20200519_190938.jpg

After i got the service request using facebook messenger the technician came and installed the TV. Short Initial impressions after watching it for few hours. I am planning to open a new ownership thread after using the TV for few more days.

The Good:
1.) Picture quality is great as per my initial impressions. 4K content looks great.
2.) I played local files (movies) in KODI media player (via MI Box S). the upscaling capability is very good too for both 720P and 1080P.
3.) No audio sync issues i could see in my TV on Prime video. This is from the default inbuilt version 5.0.15. I watched Jack Ryan, Darbar (Tamil), Viswasam (Tamil) for sometime and could not see any issues. However, before ruling out i will still watch prime video for more time and comment on the same.
4.) Out of the box picture settings are great. I tried my basic calibration files which is used to adjust Brightness, contrast, colour etc. I could see it only need very minor tweaks (In Movie Mode) which means out of the box colour accuracy is great atleast in Movie mode.
5.) HDR content looks great. I watched few OTT content and few local HDR content that i have. Both looked great.
6.) Black levels are great and the panel is clean with great grey uniformity with no dirty screen effect. I personally feel this is one of the best panels this side of 50K. The Content looks great in both bright and dark room. So great for watching movies as well in a dark room.

The Bad:
1.) Remote, Remote, Remote, - Pathetic remote. I am not sure if its bluetooth or not. It works only when i point it to the TV. My MI Box bluetooth remote works even in next room, across walls which is great.
2.) Poor voice recognition. I believe this is also due to remote where the mic is not able to pick up the voice properly. I tried searching content in youtube but it did not pickup the words properly. My wife started using youtube in MI Box S due to this, where it picks up perfect even for tamil words.
3.) The OS/interface is a bit laggy compared to my MI BoX S. Its not visible during normal usage but only when comparted to my other box i feel MI BoX is snappier then the TV interface. Its not a dealbreaker and not easily noticable as well.

I have purchased VGuard crystal plus stabilizer. I have connected this TV, MI Box S and also a usb hub in it for now.

@srinath6 Should i pair the remote separately with TV in the bluetooth settings for it to work correctly? How do you find the remote, does it pick up the voice properly.

Note: These impressions are with my seating position which is 9feet away from the TV.

View attachment 45696

View attachment 45697

You are spot on the review

On remote: i can control from other room, no line of sight needed. Try pressing Ok & Home to invoke pairing mode. I think it still on RC mode. Check below video

On Google assistant: with farfield you can summon Google assistant simply by saying "Ok Google" but my remote does a neater job

On Prime: try playing Alex in Wonderland - standup comedy show (Ultra HD mode) and let me know if it works fine

The Good:

The Bad:

View attachment 45696

View attachment 45697
You did not say anything about speakers.

Also which centre and front speakera are u using

You are spot on the review

On remote: i can control from other room, no line of sight needed. Try pressing Ok & Home to invoke pairing mode. I think it still on RC mode. Check below video

On Google assistant: with farfield you can summon Google assistant simply by saying "Ok Google" but my remote does a neater job

On Prime: try playing Alex in Wonderland - standup comedy show (Ultra HD mode) and let me know if it works fine

Thanks for the video.. I managed to find this when I tried to do a voice search from the home page.. It requested me to pair.. After that all looks fine.. so the "Cons" that I said about remote is not valid now since that is the issue from my end..

You did not say anything about speakers.

Also which centre and front speakera are u using

Speakers are very good.. it fills my 10*20 ft room great.. you cannot ask much from a TVs inbuilt speaker... These are much better than other cheap TVs who claim higher watts ...

I have a 7.1 speaker setup from Craftel.. This is a local brand based on chennai who makes home theater speakers.. I am satisfied with the sound I get from these.. I have a very old Denon 7.1 (no hdmi) AV receiver which supports basic Dolby digital/DTS/Dolby Pro logic.. I connected the TV using optical cable.

I will post pictures of it taking the grill soon.. the entire 7.1 setup speakers costed me 35k including a 10 inch active subwoofer.

I just bought tcl c8 its a great tv, but when watching my sat. receiver on it, the sat. Resolution is 1080p50hz and the channels here some is hd 720p and some is lower resolution, i feel upscaling is not up to par, if i get very close to the screen (stick to it) i can see noise & distortion is this normal or my unit is defective

-What is the recommended picture settings ?
-also can someone please tell me the sound equilaizer settings for dynamic & standard presets
As i have all of them.in both presets turned off so is this their default settings?

I just bought tcl c8 its a great tv, but when watching my sat. receiver on it, the sat. Resolution is 1080p50hz and the channels here some is hd 720p and some is lower resolution, i feel upscaling is not up to par, if i get very close to the screen (stick to it) i can see noise & distortion is this normal or my unit is defective

-also can someone please tell me the sound equilaizer settings for dynamic & standard presets
As i have all of them.in both presets turned off so is this their default settings?
If u need upscaling, go for Sony ! Obviously there are drawbacks for cheaper TVs and processing is the biggest of them.

Anyways you can try Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 model. It has great reviews for upscaling low res content.

Don't worry bro. Its a good tv. For the picture setting, just google it or check with other buyers. It can be fine tuned.

As other fellow fm mentioned , you could use Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 to get the best out of your tv in terms of upscaling.

One thumb rule, when you buying a budget TV. Don't ever compare with high-end tv. Cheers :)

I had once seen a TCL C2US in CROMA . Its picture was almost looked similar to other LG /SONY TVs running besides. All the TV was running a same Star Plus channel.

C8 being in the latest model from the same series; definitely has the same picture processing if not better. I believe it just requires some tuning.

I had once seen a TCL C2US in CROMA . Its picture was almost looked similar to other LG /SONY TVs running besides. All the TV was running a same Star Plus channel.

C8 being in the latest model from the same series; definitely has the same picture processing if not better. I believe it just requires some tuning.
You can tune the picture, not upscaling

somehow i have observed the upsacling gets improved automatically after some time in a brand new TV .. .. might be my observation is incorrect. ..
It happned on my C9 & Pana 730d.

somehow i have observed the upsacling gets improved automatically after some time in a brand new TV .. .. might be my observation is incorrect. ..
It happned on my C9 & Pana 730d.

Dude, I'm sorry, but upscaling in TVs isn't AI right now, where it gets better with more usage and collecting data. It's a fixed algorithm. Maybe you're just getting used to the TV.

Looking for 65" for my parents. Looks like Tcl C8 is out of my budget (55k). Need help in choosing between 65K3A and 65P8E. Does Iffalcon tbs have better or worse PQ and service support? These are two important factors for me. Also K3A has AI In and not P8E?

Looking for 65" for my parents. Looks like Tcl C8 is out of my budget (55k). Need help in choosing between 65K3A and 65P8E. Does Iffalcon tbs have better or worse PQ and service support? These are two important factors for me. Also K3A has AI In and not P8E?

My parent's iFFALCON TV has gone kaput after an OTA update that never finished installing. Motherboard only will be changed now. Who knows when it'll come.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back