Help needed with Room Acoustics (DIY or Ready to Use)

Hi all my room acoustic high reverberation issue was solved by placed GIK panels. Now I have great sound room, now I am enjoying real HIEND audio sound from my great TANNOY speaker. The sound was totally changed. I can trust my ears, amazing sound. I was strongly believed acoustic panel can solved problem instead of complete room treatment. Following modification has been done in my room. Existing bass trap (local made bought from studio shop in Chennai) I had installed them on ceiling (6'X2'X6'' = 2nos) hanging with chain. I bought floor carpet roll type for complete room floor (25000RS) I bought GIK 244 Monster Bass trap pair (4'X2'x4") installed on side wall of first reflection points, pairs of GIK Tri Corner Trap front wall either corners (2'X1'x4') and GIK 242- 2nos Observation panel on second reflection points on side wall one in rear listening position. I have my existing QRD (Quadratic Residue Diffusor) 6nos installed on rear wall (behind listening position) My wife and daughter recognised the sound now more in details, the bass sound just 40dB hit the chest
Total cost I spent GIK 1Lac & floor carpet 25000RS. I bought GIK product from Innovative Engineering Mysore you can find contact information this forum. Find attached REW before and after GIK measurement.

The two images before and after the GIK panels installation cannot be compared as the dB scales used are different. If you can post the images with the same dB scales it would be beneficial for an analysis.

Thanks,

the guys from audioholics mentioned in one of their videos that going in for a dual subwoofer configuration could eliminate the need for bass traps. They also gave explanations on how the bass trap concept was introduced, and that it is more necessary in recording studios. I tried searching for that video, but am unable to spot. you could search for it on their youtube channel.

The two images before and after the GIK panels installation cannot be compared as the dB scales used are different. If you can post the images with the same dB scales it would be beneficial for an analysis.

Thanks,

I am still awaiting the images with the correct dB scales for review.

Has anyone tried the acoustic panels available on Amazon? They look like foam panels from the pics. Are they any good?

Thinking of getting the first reflection points covered and take it from there if a noticeable change is observed.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the acoustic panels available on Amazon? They look like foam panels from the pics. Are they any good?

Thinking of getting the first reflection points covered and take it from there if a noticeable change is observed.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

No I haven't, but from my research I found out that those can be made easily with local carpenter with much cheaper price using Woodwool or fiberglass boards. Many YouTube videos on how to get it done, should be good enough to cover the first reflection points effectively.

UPDATE :
I had opportunity to host @Sound_cycle and his son last Sunday afternoon and we spent few hours listening to my setup, both readily agreed that the setup had been much optimized with the acoustic treatment. Though we didn't get time to do objective testing of room mode but the difference before and after was glaringly evident. There was a change of speakers and amp apart from acoustic treatment which could have contributed a great deal in improving overall experience, as for me -The fun with music continues.

Treating the front and back wall worked well in my setup, the sidewall reflections were covered with movable panels ; its a reasonable option if you are in doubt. I'm pretty happy with the setup as of now. Thanks everyone for chipping in with suggestions, and special thanks to @Sound_cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not very familiar in REW "ALL SPL" find attached screen https://postimg.org/image/gtabmzk8f/

Viewed the image, you will need to use smoothing to 1/24th octave probably on the graph. Also there is a steep roll-off after 2KHz. hope the mic position is 1meter from the tweeter axis during measurement and in the input signal is close to 2.83Volts.

I had opportunity to host @Sound_cycle and his son last Sunday afternoon and we spent few hours listening to my setup, both readily agreed that the setup had been much optimized with the acoustic treatment

That was a fun and enjoyable listening session. We should do a Bimby vs Gungnir session sometime. Thanks for having us over

ciao
gr

Finally Got Sometime to add absorber /diffusers from Bajaao. Covered the side walls and ceiling. I doubt they (the closed foam black ones) help in diffusing anyway, but they reduce the flutter echo to a very negligible levels. At 30k its a money well spent. Added corner bass traps as well.

Finally, the MDF Qrd diffusers were quite awesome in cleaning up the midrange and highs. The larger ones were also made, but since they killed the resolution along with brightness I'll retain only the smaller ones. It was more like an experiment, so will use proper wood next time and update the post. Its never going back from the wood Qrd diffuser, amazing SQ enhancements. I'm very impressed with them, will plan on making them in a larger numbers for interested FMs.

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_190156_compress70.jpg
    IMG_20200823_190156_compress70.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20200823_190221_compress13.jpg
    IMG_20200823_190221_compress13.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20200823_190235_compress48.jpg
    IMG_20200823_190235_compress48.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-20201214-WA0108.jpg
    IMG-20201214-WA0108.jpg