Hisense india website live now, another disappointment.

Yea that's what stopping me to click the checkout button.

True, there is a service, parts availability and support related issues. I was tempted to get an AVR from US as well - Pioneer LX series were like 300 dollars compared to 80k in India. I could have carried it in my luggage as well in one of my trips, but those concerns were too big a risk. Result, got a Yamaha one in India.

Also, Ubuy doesn’t offer that high confidence level. There have been issues with Ubuy purchases in past.

True, there is a service, parts availability and support related issues. I was tempted to get an AVR from US as well - Pioneer LX series were like 300 dollars compared to 80k in India. I could have carried it in my luggage as well in one of my trips, but those concerns were too big a risk. Result, got a Yamaha one in India.

Also, Ubuy doesn’t offer that high confidence level. There have been issues with Ubuy purchases in past.
Oh. Great!
I was searching for Ubuy customers. And posts etc.
Could you please share your buying experience with Ubuy?

H8g is not garbage. All reviews r positive. If u compare with TCL c7/c8 same price h8g is superior at all aspects.
FALD with 72 zones , DV, DA, 65 inch below 1 lakh is really worth it.
H8G is a mid range TV. Forget TCL, they are very pricey with no local dimming, a pure marketing gimmick. H8G is no match to Sony X95G in picture quality. I would consider it worth if 65" H9G is available for 1-1.10 lakh, but definitely not H8G. And as discussed earlier in this thread, we are getting 8-bit panel and not a 10-bit panel. So, I really don't consider it VFM. But I can tell you that there is no other 65" that is better than H8G currently in India, under 1 lakh rupees. So we are forced to buy H8G, if our budget is limited to 1 lakh and if we are not interested in spending 1.55 lakh on 65" Sony X95G which is typical sony pricing in India, quiet overpriced and a demand inflated price. So it is very hard to choose and its purely an individuals choice based on his/her own requirements. Its all about Size vs Quality vs Affordability. If you want both Quality and Size in India, the we must be ready to pay a heavy price, else compromise on quality. So I can understand from which aspect you are saying H8G is VFM. Sadly we have very few models that match our tastes.

This is the verdict from rtings!!! H8g is a very good tv at this price range.
View attachment 47698
How can you say it's a good TV in the price range while we have no idea on indian pricing. It's still a midranger with no 120hz motion, lesser zones, low peak brightness and worst color volume coverage. Don't blindly go with the final score. Have a deep look on each measurements. Spend more times on each graph. And you will figure out what exactly I'm saying.
H9G is atleast 2x superior to H8G and indian version of h8G is even worse with 8bit panel

H8G is a mid range TV. Forget TCL, they are very pricey with no local dimming, a pure marketing gimmick. H8G is no match to Sony X95G in picture quality. I would consider it worth if 65" H9G is available for 1-1.10 lakh, but definitely not H8G. And as discussed earlier in this thread, we are getting 8-bit panel and not a 10-bit panel. So, I really don't consider it VFM. But I can tell you that there is no other 65" that is better than H8G currently in India, under 1 lakh rupees. So we are forced to buy H8G, if our budget is limited to 1 lakh and if we are not interested in spending 1.55 lakh on 65" Sony X95G which is typical sony pricing in India, quiet overpriced and a demand inflated price. So it is very hard to choose and its purely an individuals choice based on his/her own requirements. Its all about Size vs Quality vs Affordability. If you want both Quality and Size in India, the we must be ready to pay a heavy price, else compromise on quality. So I can understand from which aspect you are saying H8G is VFM. Sadly we have very few models that match our tastes.
I second that

A picture speaks a 1000 words. So let me put up a comparison between (Left)-High-End Samsung Q90R vs (Right)-Sony X95G.
photo_2020-06-26_23-27-50.jpg
Look at the difference in color processing between both the Terminators. Look at the jaw bone for the blacks. The terminator looks more real and detailed in the image to the right.
photo_2020-06-26_23-25-37.jpg
Here in this image, the timestamp of the paused video is the same and spider-man in the Samsung almost disappeared due to motion blur.
photo_2020-06-26_23-22-55.jpg
More Comparison Pictures. Look at the skin tone colours, left is usually what I see in most TVs, including my LG 43 UF770T. A fake colour.
photo_2020-06-26_23-22-49.jpgphoto_2020-06-26_23-22-47.jpgphoto_2020-06-26_23-22-39.jpg
Motion Blur again !
photo_2020-06-26_23-22-37.jpgphoto_2020-06-26_23-22-34.jpgphoto_2020-06-26_23-22-33.jpgphoto_2020-06-26_23-22-30.jpgphoto_2020-06-26_23-20-40.jpg
Conclusion: By no means I am inferring that Samsung Q90R is a bad TV. It is a very good TV too. But imagine if Sony X95G can outperform Samsung Q90R by this much margin (be it in colour processing or black levels or motion blur), then what about all other TVs below this range. That's why I call H8G a garbage TV model which is launched in India. That too for 1 lakh rupees (assuming). I wouldn't tell the same for H9G, which is a true 10-bit FALD display, that is well tuned.

Note: I don't want to bring OLEDs into this comparison as they are of different league.

Video Source: Watch this video from ~ 7:00 mins
If you can watch this video closely in a good display then you can easily notice the difference.

Last edited:
How can you say it's a good TV in the price range while we have no idea on indian pricing. It's still a midranger with no 120hz motion, lesser zones, low peak brightness and worst color volume coverage. Don't blindly go with the final score. Have a deep look on each measurements. Spend more times on each graph. And you will figure out what exactly I'm saying.
H9G is atleast 2x superior to H8G and indian version of h8G is even worse with 8bit panel
OK, just compare 65 H8G with 65 Frame. Except for the refresh rate, H8G is better in every aspect (FALD, Higher peak brightness, atleast 40k cheaper, if not more, DV support). So even if it launches at 100k, I see no other 65 incher coming even close at that price point.

OK, just compare 65 H8G with 65 Frame. Except for the refresh rate, H8G is better in every aspect (FALD, Higher peak brightness, atleast 40k cheaper, if not more, DV support). So even if it launches at 100k, I see no other 65 incher coming even close at that price point.
Absolutely correct, would agree with every word of yours. But, are you ready to compromise on picture quality and be okay with 8-bit panel ? That's the question here. Are you okay to get half baked 65" H8G (indian version) for 1 lakh vs 55" Sony X95G for 1.03 lakh ? Purely and Purely based on individuals choice, like I mentioned earlier.
Hisense H8G review from Android Police

Last edited:
Well Frame has better contrast ratio 8000+ even without FALD and H8G has around 5000 with FALD.also Local dimming algorithms require lot of work.so they usually work well on High end TVs only.Brightness is also similar for both the Tvs

Also I think frame will be cheaper by 15-20k in coming days if we go by last year.Personally I will prefer frame for 1.2 over H8G for 1 lac assuming it gets launch for 1 lac

I don't need the TV unit to hold the TV as it will always be wall mounted. Just need the unit to hide the wires, power strip, UPS and keep some decorative stuff.

Yes, I don't watch static content at all (except may be IPL). So no issues or burn in so far.

I got it around 12 days ago. Using it for around 3-5 hours per day. Ambient Temps are around 26-30 degrees.

Will keep you guys posted
Which store did you get it from? Price?
I believe you put up in delhi right?

Hisense H8G TV Review: Performance, Value & Alternatives (Pt.3/3) "US Version"
Very good review. Conclusion of this review : Get H8G if you are watching only SDR content or DTH. Not a good TV for watching HDR content or Netflix etc.
Is it the same H8G that we are getting ? NO.
Am I impressed with US version of H8G, absolutely not.
Would I pay 1 lakh for H8G ? No Way !!
Would I pay 1 lakh for H9G ? Yes Absolutely, but Hisense shouldn't cheat by launching a stripped down version of H9F!!

We get what we pay for from manufacturers like Vu, TCL, Hisense and the likes. They are good midrange options and few top tier models have comprises that are acceptable at that price. Problem is when they skim on functionality for Indian market. That’s where the top tier brands are more trust worthy.

As much as anyone shouts from rooftops (including some reviewers), none of the models above can match or come close to Sony X950G :)

Samsung screwed up their 2019 with bad colour and aggressive local dimming. It is evident in above post from @volksjger.

Are you getting any 120hz motion 65 inch tv in India at the price range of 1 lakh? NO!!!!.
I said it’s a good product under 1 lakh.
Nobody is denying that H9g is superior than H8g. Of course H8G is a midrange tv and I’m not saying it’s a high end tv at all. In India at lakh price range we will only get mid ranger. When we are comparing the main factor should be price. We can’t compare 140k (frame 65) Tv against 1lakh(h8g) tv.

Are you getting any 120hz motion 65 inch tv in India at the price range of 1 lakh? NO!!!!.
I said it’s a good product under 1 lakh.
Nobody is denying that H9g is superior than H8g. Of course H8G is a midrange tv and I’m not saying it’s a high end tv at all. In India at lakh price range we will only get mid ranger. When we are comparing the main factor should be price. We can’t compare 140k (frame 65) Tv against 1lakh(h8g) tv.
Whatever you say, H8G is still an unrefined TV.
Spending over 1 lakh on that TV is just a worse move. If you are ready to buy H8G then make up some money and get branded ones.
H8G is a midranger. Get a midranger from reputed brands than unproven brands.
I am comparing it to H9G. Which is their topdog. Can go head to head with samsung QLEDs. Which can be imported for 1 lakh. 65" H8G should not be even costing 80k in india.
BTW Frame 2020 is much better choice over this TV in every way.
Don't think all FALD TVs are at same level. Proper FALD algorithms are important despite the zone count.

Whatever you say, H8G is still an unrefined TV.
Spending over 1 lakh on that TV is just a worse move. If you are ready to buy H8G then make up some money and get branded ones.
H8G is a midranger. Get a midranger from reputed brands than unproven brands.
I am comparing it to H9G. Which is their topdog. Can go head to head with samsung QLEDs. Which can be imported for 1 lakh. 65" H8G should not be even costing 80k in india.
BTW Frame 2020 is much better choice over this TV in every way.
Don't think all FALD TVs are at same level. Proper FALD algorithms are important despite the zone count.
How can we compare with frame 2020 ? 40k price difference.. huge difference..
Kindly me suggest me a 65inch qled model at 1lakh or below then we can talk.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back