Home theatre help-budget 5 lakhs

Hi,

Am from delhi and going through the AV torture myself. Can someone from delhi / gurgaon please give me a way to get in touch so i can discuss ? My budget for sound is around 5 lakhs in all. I have a basement area which i have not cordoned off so i am wondering how much sound to put in.

also i need recommendation on good ceiling mounted speakers in the range of 3000-4000 each for my other areas.

appreciate some help !!

being in delhi doesnt help either since everyone else here is from banglore !!

Honestly, home theaters are bleh..

5 lakhs... what a godly stereo setup you can get for that price that will put a home theatre to utter shame in sound quality.

Last edited:
Contact Ashish from Lakozy. Synchrony 1 setup from PSB should be in your budget. The sound is SO good for HT! I liked it VERY much. I would own that setup some day, when I have the budget.

hi,

i am actually not sure if i need a home theatre as such since i am not planning to make dedicated seating or do acoustics. i just need big sound for my basement and dedicate one section to watch movies and sport with a projector.

what are the other options of getting a basement full of sound ? my basement is about 2500 sq ft of area.

can i get any of the moderators ph no or some good audio consultant can be advised to me as i need to fill in the sound now.

i also need help on roof mounted speakers for the basement.. any recommendations on those ?

Talk to Ashish@Lakozy - he has in-ceiling speakers set up in his showroom. Not sure if you meant that by roof-mounted.
That is a big area. You may also look at adding some pro-audio gear.

Moderators handle forum decorum. The members are the people who will help you get going :)

Forget home theatre unless you have a lot of blurays and you're hell bent on getting 7.1 channels of walls of sound.

Going with a stereo setup you can invest in 2 very high end speakers instead of multiple upper medium end speakers.

Since you're in delhi, my recommendation is the following for speakers

Jamo r907 for around 2.5 Lakhs
1289551848.JPG

(the big one)

And Zu Audio Essence for around the same
34_1_large.jpg

For amplifiers any decent amp around the 1.5 lakh range should do for the jamos and for the zu you can get a high end tube amp from viren like the gm70 monoblocks

And with the remainin cash you invest in good interconnects and a good DAC like
the musicla fidelity m1 dac.

Last edited:
hi,

i am actually not sure if i need a home theatre as such since i am not planning to make dedicated seating or do acoustics. i just need big sound for my basement and dedicate one section to watch movies and sport with a projector.

what are the other options of getting a basement full of sound ? my basement is about 2500 sq ft of area.

can i get any of the moderators ph no or some good audio consultant can be advised to me as i need to fill in the sound now.

i also need help on roof mounted speakers for the basement.. any recommendations on those ?

Dude, I faced the same exact problem about a year back with the only difference being that my budget was around 2.5L. But, home theatre being my priority, I bought a denon 1911 avr with Paradigm speakers for my home theatre, and kept an option open to attach 2 more speakers at the end of my basement if I ever feel the sound from my home theater is not enough to power the parties I have. I will add that I never did buy those speakers, as my paradigm floorstanders were upto the task. Anyways I'll give some tips from my experience:

1. First off, design your basement keeping in mind you'll be bringing it down with music every other night. I'm saying this because I had glass with backlighting installed in my basement as it looked really cool, but every time I play anything with bass, it shakes making it sound like my speakers have some problem.

2. Decide what is your priority, music or movies. Even I have an open home theatre in my basement, but had I put some kind of enclosure, it would've sounded ten times better.

Here are some possible things you can do:

1. Buy 2 different systems, one for your home theatre and another stereo system for your partying requirements.

2. Buy a high end avr, like Denon Avr 4311(~1.6k), with which you can buy a nice 7.1 or 5.1 speaker setup for your home theatre, and you can buy separate speakers for your basement partying requrements, connect it to the same avr using different zone configurations. The best part in this is you can play your home theatre speakers as well as your basement speakers together which will fill your basement with sound.

I would personally suggest the second option as you'll have an awesome home theatre, and a good music system(may not be as good as one with a dedicated stereo amp). The point is, you would watch a movie daily or at least once or twice a week. But you may not have a party that often. So, it all depends on your priorities....

Hi,

Am from delhi and going through the AV torture myself. Can someone from delhi / gurgaon please give me a way to get in touch so i can discuss ? My budget for sound is around 5 lakhs in all. I have a basement area which i have not cordoned off so i am wondering how much sound to put in.

also i need recommendation on good ceiling mounted speakers in the range of 3000-4000 each for my other areas.

appreciate some help !!

being in delhi doesnt help either since everyone else here is from banglore !!

Will you be using these ceiling mounted speakers to play instrumental ambient music or are they for a different purpose?

Guys I visited Rishab's place yesterday and it's a huge place which measures 36' x 22' and ceiling height of 11' and open from 1 side to a very large hall. Now I had suggested Rishab to first get a wall/ Bass trap done if he is looking for a serious theatre effects. Also looking at the place it requires some serious speakers with 8" or more driver size and some serious amplification along with minimum of 2 subwoofers. But if everything is well taken care off then it could be a very good Home Theatre Zone.
Now for the Lage Hall where Rishab wanted In-Ceiling speakers as its going to be used for parties as well as large gatherings of 50 or more people so if we don't do serious speakers along with couple of Subs then the sound will get lost, so I suggested at least 4 Nos. of 8" In-Ceiling speakers along with couple of Subs for this area.

More number of speakers normally doesn't mean better sound spread.
And parties only happen occasionally, it does not have to define your setup.

I strongly suggest auditioning the Jamo reference r907 and r909 series. These have 12inch and 15" woofers in dipole config which means the sound radiates in all directions instead of one and come with custom seas and scanspeak reveletor tweeters.

r909_black_livingroom.jpg

Is OP interested in "serious" setup, or just a party setup?
Ashish - this is an opportunity to design a great party lounge :)
In walls, in ceiling, hidden away subs is what he may be looking at - which is a fair demand given the kind of usage.
A serious speaker is exposed to serious dangers in party like situations. Ppl keeping glasses on speakers, spilling drink, or may even vomit on your stuff if drunk.

Is OP interested in "serious" setup, or just a party setup?
Ashish - this is an opportunity to design a great party lounge :)
In walls, in ceiling, hidden away subs is what he may be looking at - which is a fair demand given the kind of usage.
A serious speaker is exposed to serious dangers in party like situations. Ppl keeping glasses on speakers, spilling drink, or may even vomit on your stuff if drunk.

Totally agree with you man. The OP will get more informed suggestions if he posts the exact purposes for which he would be using the speakers..

I would like to do a JBL Synthesis Three Array System for this place but the OP doesn't have that kind of budget. Other option which I am suggesting is Revel Concerta Series with couple of 12" Subwoofers and at-least a Denon 3312 or Equivalent.
For the Large Hall which adjoins the Home Theatre Area I would like to do Recommend PSB CW80R and 2 x PSB 5i Subwoofers and all this could be powered with the same Denon 3312 using the Zone Feature and controlled through Itouch or Ipad.

Last edited:
For 5 lakhs I would be quite saddened to see the op investing in mediocre components such as jbl array and revel concerta, hell I would be saddened if he even invested in those jamo's I suggested without a matching amp.

There are amazing things one can get for 5lakhs.

IMO
Forget home theatre
Forget party warty wall hanging speakers
Forget walls of sound

5 Lakhs is a lot of money
Dont waste it on quantity
Spend it on quality.

The op needs to participate more in this thread.

For 5 lakhs I would be quite saddened to see the op investing in mediocre components such as jbl array and revel concerta, hell I would be saddened if he even invested in those jamo's I suggested without a matching amp.

Dear Corelement , I am sorry to ask but have you ever heard these systems.

Nope, but I don't need to hear it, just like I wouldn't need to go to a cinema hall to hear music.

The op needs to post in here and tell us if he's interested in a proper audiophile setup or a party hall setup.

They are two very very different things. One is quality, the other is quantity. You can't have both.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back