LG OLED CX55/65 Buying Group Thread (for all locations across India)

Two FMs got best deal from bajaj kondapur on the day of dewali.

I decided to buy post dewali. So paid bit more. But at that tune got a better deal from reliance kukatpally

I can speak with your friend if that helps.
Sure, that would be very helpful. I will PM you his number.

I got it 10days back from reliance digital gurgaon for 1.86 with cashback (you can opt for bajaj finance). Further if you buy from delhi you can save a couple of grand and if you negotiate quite hard you can save more money. I am an impulsive buyer and got it the same day.
Oh that's nice, so a price of 1.7 is possible?

CX has better PQ than C9. I wanted to buy C9 but decided against after doing bit of homework. Checkout rtings comparison video on YT.

I also believe that for incremental versions, it's always better to get the latest model

Getting a best offer of 1.28 l after cashback for LG CX55 plus freebie LG Tonefree FN6 and 3 year comprehensive warranty.
Sorry guys! The dealer clarified that the LG FN6 is not free but offered at a discounted rate.

Struggling to get the CX below 2L in NCR
As mentioned above I got it at 1.86 alongwith instant cashback on cards from reliance digital gurugram, ambience mall. I was quoted 1.94 at Vijay Sales in Sector - 29 Gurgaon without cashback (you can get it financed through bajaj finance and get around 10 to 12 k cashback depending on the amount of finance which will be credited after 90 days). Others like sargam did not have it in stock. One of the LG brand shops told me that those who had ordered stocks during Diwali could afford to give it around 20k cheaper than smaller shops. Further he told me in Delhi you will get it around 2-3k cheaper than the rates at Gurugram.

I am an impulsive buyer and was thinking about postponing the purchase as the guys told that the financing will be done the next day but somehow the salesman persuaded me to put down the money.

I think the LG offers like 5k giffiti voucher, 3 months netflix subscription and the 3 year comprehensive warranty are still available including the discounted offer for the 4th and 5th years.

Last edited:
As mentioned above I got it at 1.86 alongwith instant cashback on cards from reliance digital gurugram, ambience mall. I was quoted 1.94 at Vijay Sales in Sector - 29 Gurgaon without cashback (you can get it financed through bajaj finance and get around 10 to 12 k cashback depending on the amount of finance which will be credited after 90 days). Others like sargam did not have it in stock. One of the LG brand shops told me that those who had ordered stocks during Diwali could afford to give it around 20k cheaper than smaller shops. Further he told me in Delhi you will get it around 2-3k cheaper than the rates at Gurugram.

I am an impulsive buyer and was thinking about postponing the purchase as the guys told that the financing will be done the next day but somehow the salesman persuaded me to put down the money.

I think the LG offers like 5k giffiti voucher, 3 months netflix subscription and the 3 year comprehensive warranty are still available including the discounted offer for the 4th and 5th years.
One RD quoted me 2.02 and the other 2.05. One did now have an idea about 3 year warranty and just said it's a 1 year warranty + 3 months netflix. Nobody told about 5k gift voucher.

I'll hit some Delhi stores and see what's up.

I am at Lucknow and got an offer for CX65 at 1.8L if I pay in cash (so, no Credit card CB or financing option).

I also reviewed C9, and am wondering how much of premium should I pay for CX over C9? In other words, considering (marginal) differences in PQ that CX offers over C9 what would be a good price point to consider C9.

Happy to seek your feedback and pro and cons.

I am at Lucknow and got an offer for CX65 at 1.8L if I pay in cash (so, no Credit card CB or financing option).

I also reviewed C9, and am wondering how much of premium should I pay for CX over C9? In other words, considering (marginal) differences in PQ that CX offers over C9 what would be a good price point to consider C9.

Happy to seek your feedback and pro and cons.
C9 and CX has no difference side by side in showrooms. But c9 supposedly supports DTS, so if you have a Sony HTIV300 home theater for instance, theoritically, it will sound crystal clear as compared to CX.

C9 and CX has no difference side by side in showrooms. But c9 supposedly supports DTS, so if you have a Sony HTIV300 home theater for instance, theoritically, it will sound crystal clear as compared to CX.
Well in my view better to get the latest model depending of course on the price difference. Further as per reports of some of the members factory sealed C9 may not be easily available. Futher, if one uses home theatre receivers or sound bars then most of them have the capabilities to decode the audio stream so availability of the DTS is not that big a feature. Most of the ppl getting these kind of TVs will be having home theater receivers or fully equipped sound bars capable of decoding such audio codecs.

Well in my view better to get the latest model depending of course on the price difference. Further as per reports of some of the members factory sealed C9 may not be easily available. Futher, if one uses home theatre receivers or sound bars then most of them have the capabilities to decode the audio stream so availability of the DTS is not that big a feature. Most of the ppl getting these kind of TVs will be having home theater receivers or fully equipped sound bars capable of decoding such audio codecs.
TV should still have it. DTS is 1.5 Mbps and Dolby digital is 640 kbps. It is a downgrade by LG in audio department.

TV should still have it. DTS is 1.5 Mbps and Dolby digital is 640 kbps. It is a downgrade by LG in audio department.
Don't think so. The video signal anyway contains the DTS stream which is passed on to the receiver or sound-bar and is decoded. Nowadays mostly the streaming sites have Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos and you would seldom find a stream with DTS or DTS master HD unless you download content. I agree that LG have not paid the licensing fees to DTS so they have saved on input costs but coming to the question whether the same is really necessary in a TV, I am of the opinion the same is not needed and is just a superfluous offering for differentiation.

Don't think so. The video signal anyway contains the DTS stream which is passed on to the receiver or sound-bar and is decoded. Nowadays mostly the streaming sites have Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos and you would seldom find a stream with DTS or DTS master HD unless you download content. I agree that LG have not paid the licensing fees to DTS so they have saved on input costs but coming to the question whether the same is really necessary in a TV, I am of the opinion the same is not needed and is just a superfluous offering for differentiation.
There are lots of debates going on if Plex or AV receivers can be an alternative, so as the passthrough of dts can be attained, some say yes, some no. Which is why lg C9 is better liked in the west by most folks than CX. I think c9 is vintage! 12 year old classic single malt! A Yamaha RX100!

There are lots of debates going on if Plex or AV receivers can be an alternative, so as the passthrough of dts can be attained, some say yes, some no. Which is why lg C9 is better liked in the west by most folks than CX. I think c9 is vintage! 12 year old classic single malt! A Yamaha RX100!

Please .....

Delve a bit into home theaters a bit before getting into superficial debates superficial debates on the net. The DACs and decoders used in the standalone receivers are generally of a much higher quality and have better sound therefore the sound stream is nearly always passed to the receivers as passthrough with the receiver handling the decoding duties. Even the newer codecs which are present in the Blu Ray discs have Dolby Tru HD and DTS Master HD which are lossless streams and are decoded in the Receivers.

I am not telling that the C9 is bad or the CX is better but DTS decoding capabilities are no yardstick to choose between one or the other. By the way Plex and receivers are altogether different and used for different purposes.

Plex won't work for DTS passthrough since the hardware of CX itself can't pass the DTS signal through. What Plex will do is convert the 5.1 channel DTS to another compatible format using your Plex server. For example, most TVs can't decode TRUE HD master so 5.1/7.1 channel TRUE HD will get converted to 5.1/7.1 channel DD+/AAC depending on the TV's compatibility.

Anyway, this will only matter with very high-end audio equipment. Most of the <1 lakh equipment won't be able to resolve even the regular DD to its full potential, let alone DTS or DD+.

Please .....

Delve a bit into home theaters a bit before getting into superficial debates superficial debates on the net. The DACs and decoders used in the standalone receivers are generally of a much higher quality and have better sound therefore the sound stream is nearly always passed to the receivers as passthrough with the receiver handling the decoding duties. Even the newer codecs which are present in the Blu Ray discs have Dolby Tru HD and DTS Master HD which are lossless streams and are decoded in the Receivers.

I am not telling that the C9 is bad or the CX is better but DTS decoding capabilities are no yardstick to choose between one or the other. By the way Plex and receivers are altogether different and used for different purposes.
The problem is not DTS decoding, but the pass-through of DTS in CX actually. So if you have connected your receiver through optical/ARC/eARC your receiver won't be able to receive the lossless signal itself which is a problem.

This can only be resolved if you pass the signal to the receiver first (say connect your firestick directly to AVR) and then to the TV using HDMI out of the AVR.

Plex won't work for DTS passthrough since the hardware of CX itself can't pass the DTS signal through. What Plex will do is convert the 5.1 channel DTS to another compatible format using your Plex server. For example, most TVs can't decode TRUE HD master so 5.1/7.1 channel TRUE HD will get converted to 5.1/7.1 channel DD+/AAC depending on the TV's compatibility.

Anyway, this will only matter with very high-end audio equipment. Most of the <1 lakh equipment won't be able to resolve even the regular DD to its full potential, let alone DTS or DD+.
Just wondering why ?

The CX has the capability of outputting the sound stream as passthrough which will be decoded in a capable receiver.

In case of multichannel audio if the TV is certified by the codec then if you playback a clip having the same format the tv will be outputting the sound from the internal speaker otherwise there will be no sound. For TVs where the optical audio/ARC is used it is limited to DD or DTS and in case EARC it can passthrough upto DTS Master HD/DD Tru HD. As CX supports passthrough the same should be possible.

Previously in my Plasma TV which only had DD support I could have the DTS stream decoded by me receiver through the optical audio o/p. So i believe the same will be possible here also.

I doubt if any streaming service has DTS Master HD/DD Tru HD audio options. The most I have seen is DD+ i.e. 7.1 channels compressed and DD Atmos. Well we can check through a Blu Ray Player connected directly to the TV and decoding through the receiver. Let me try this out in some free time.

I am curious why you say they will not be able to resolve the streams. As far as i know all capable receivers would be able to resolve these streams to its full potential and the sound quality will be influenced by the quality of speakers and the amps driving them. Even a basic HTIB will suffice.

Last edited:
Just wondering why ?

The CX has the capability of outputting the sound stream as passthrough which will be decoded in a capable receiver.

In case of multichannel audio if the TV is certified by the codec then if you playback a clip having the same format the tv will be outputting the sound from the internal speaker otherwise there will be no sound. For TVs where the optical audio/ARC is used it is limited to DD or DTS and in case EARC it can passthrough upto DTS Master HD/DD Tru HD. As CX supports passthrough the same should be possible.

Previously in my Plasma TV which only had DD support I could have the DTS stream decoded by me receiver through the optical audio o/p. So i believe the same will be possible here also.
That's the problem, even passthrough doesn't work. Source:

That's the problem, even passthrough doesn't work. Source:
Gone through the thread but does not seem to be conclusive. Let me check it up on my setup, maybe I can try with the DTS stream as my receiver most probably does not support EARC. Will try through both optical and HDMI and let you all know in a day or two.

Last edited:
Gone through the thread but does not seem to be conclusive. Let me check it up on my setup, maybe I can try with the DTS stream as my receiver most probably does not support EARC. Will try through both optical and HDMI and let you all know in a day or two.
It is very conclusive in the thread with multiple people confirming that the pass-through does not work on the CX. Quoting a few:
I bought a c9 today because of cx lacking dts passthrough over earc
It means you cannot use the built in apps like plex or media player to watch content with DTS audio. DTS passthrough to receiver via hdmi or optical does not work either. If you want to watch content with DTS audio, you need to buy an external device.
No, DTS bitstream passthrough via eArc does not work!! There is no way to playback DTS content on a CX without using an external device like apple tv.
Here's the source from LG's forum

Regarding your TV, it may as well support it if it's not the CX. The CX is a bit of a special case where passthrough doesn't work either.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back