LG OLED CX55/65 Buying Group Thread (for all locations across India)

Please .....

Delve a bit into home theaters a bit before getting into superficial debates superficial debates on the net. The DACs and decoders used in the standalone receivers are generally of a much higher quality and have better sound therefore the sound stream is nearly always passed to the receivers as passthrough with the receiver handling the decoding duties. Even the newer codecs which are present in the Blu Ray discs have Dolby Tru HD and DTS Master HD which are lossless streams and are decoded in the Receivers.

I am not telling that the C9 is bad or the CX is better but DTS decoding capabilities are no yardstick to choose between one or the other. By the way Plex and receivers are altogether different and used for different purposes.
I am not saying CX is bad. But c9 at a reduced price maybe a blessing in disguise. As for the processor difference PQ has no bearing on the change infact Rtings has given a similar rating.

I am not saying CX is bad. But c9 at a reduced price maybe a blessing in disguise. As for the processor difference PQ has no bearing on the change infact Rtings has given a similar rating.
C9 are more expensive now than CX because of low stock. You might find some dealer which will have the stock and will give it cheaper because he can't sell it, but in those cases also there's a high chance of getting a refurb/store unit.

If you can get C9 for cheaper and can ensure that it is a brand new unit, I definitely recommend it. But that's going to be very rare. Also, CX does have advantages over C9 with slightly better processing(α9 gen 3 vs gen 2) and 120Hz BFI.

Well C9 does have its good points like full bandwidth HDMI 2.1, etc but I would be very careful regarding the C9 since there would zero to no stock and chances of landing a refurb/demo unit is high and it is not available at significant discount maybe a little expensive than the CX

Thank you all for your detailed feedbacks and comments. If I may summarize:
1. DTS: +1 C9
2. Better processor: +1 C10
3. Cost (if possible): +1 C9
4. Possibility of factory sealed: +1 C10

Based on your feedback will try for factory sealed C9. Else, CX it is.

One question (apologies for the detour): Have Bose HT (V35), will this addition information change your suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Well yesterday did a rudimentary test with an usb drive plugged in and EARC enabled / optical enabled but DTS, DTS Master HD clips are not getting decoded and it is also not passing the information to the receiver for decoding. I am perplexed. EARC in CX is suppossed to pass through uncompressed multichannel audio formats like DTS Master HD and Dolby TruHD.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your detailed feedbacks and comments. If I may summarize:
1. DTS: +1 C9
2. Better processor: +1 C10
3. Cost (if possible): +1 C9
4. Possibility of factory sealed: +1 C10

Based on your feedback will try for factory sealed C9. Else, CX it is.

One question (apologies for the detour): Have Bose HT (V35), will this addition information change your suggestions?

Thanks!!!
yes I suppose you will be using the Bose HT 35 for the sound and in case you will viewing clips/content with DTS soundtrack you will need to plug the source in to the Bose then provide the video to the TV in case of CX. No issues in case of streaming as DD is getting passed through. However even with the C9 the DTS Master HD and Dolby Tru HD may or may not be passed (some C9 owners can contribute) and I am not sure whether your V35 decodes these lossless formats.

Well now the only thing I see which is a big bummer is that if you have downloads with DTS Master HD movies then you would need an external media player or a PC for enjoying multichannel audio though CX has HDMI 2.1 with EARC which is supposed to do exactly this.

Hey I am the narad Maha muni here. It won't make a difference if C9 is not ultra cheap. Let's forget about DTS issue as I think it is no issue.

how much are you guys getting the cx65 in Bangalore for? I am just starting my search and online it seems 2L+ everywhere

Do you get both wall mount and stand with the LG CX?

I've heard that people have the option of only choosing one between the two. Seems off-putting.

only 1.. i opted for the table top, looking to wall mount now.
What's the cost for either of them?

And is the wall mount a static one? or can it let the TV come forward a couple of inches for easy access to cable etc?

What's the cost for either of them?

And is the wall mount a static one? or can it let the TV come forward a couple of inches for easy access to cable etc?
Wall mount is of solid quality. It can come forward few inches, tilt in vertical and horizontal directions to adjust viewing angle.

Wall mount is of solid quality. It can come forward few inches, tilt in vertical and horizontal directions to adjust viewing angle.
Thanks so much. I got the installation done today. Thanks everyone for the help.

Meanwhile the lg guy took the spare screws and other things that came with the wall mount kit. Is that normal? I need to change houses so I wonder if it'll come and bite me later?

Thanks for so helpful responses. Let me process this and check the market scene. Will get back with the final purchase soon!

Thanks again!
Hi all,
Great Eastern folks just called to confirm the availability of factory-sealed C9. I am tempted.
What, ideally should be the pricing gap between C9 and CX?
Also, the warranty seems to have been reduced to 2 years (from 3 years) and the salesperson hinted of price increase since 1st march. Has anyone recently bought a CX? If so, please share the pricing.
Thanks!

Hi all,
Great Eastern folks just called to confirm the availability of factory-sealed C9. I am tempted.
What, ideally should be the pricing gap between C9 and CX?
Also, the warranty seems to have been reduced to 2 years (from 3 years) and the salesperson hinted of price increase since 1st march. Has anyone recently bought a CX? If so, please share the pricing.
Thanks!
You're looking at the 55 or the 65"?

The LG OLED offer states it's for 3 years which is actually 1+2. Are you sure you're not confusing with 2 extra years? The offer is valid till end of march

You're looking at the 55 or the 65"?

The LG OLED offer states it's for 3 years which is actually 1+2. Are you sure you're not confusing with 2 extra years? The offer is valid till end of march
I am looking at 65" model.
For warranty, the sales person mentioned about one additional year. But, you have raised a fair point. Will check deeper.
Thanks

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back