MI tv 4 - 65 inch,,,, Wait or Forget?

RocK4EveR

65 inch buyers,,,,, can we wait 2 Months more for Mi 65 inch TV or Forget about it true sales starts here in India?

Actually 65 inch tv4 starts their sales and freely available in. CHINA yet?

Why XIAOMI, still not respecting INDIANS who take them to 1st place,,, that 55 inch launch is just News only,,,, it's always out. Of stock.

After buying a SANYO 55" 4K I have decided not to venture into low priced TV territory. I had a difficult time for returning and getting reimbursement.
Buying these brands are just leap of faith, if you ever experienced LG, SAMSUNG , SONY or similar products then it is hard to match expectations.

Anyway I returned SANYO and bought a SONY KD-X558200E 4K and quite happy with the quality of the picture. Expensive but need not to compromise on quality for next 5-7 years.

After buying a SANYO 55" 4K I have decided not to venture into low priced TV territory. I had a difficult time for returning and getting reimbursement.
Buying these brands are just leap of faith, if you ever experienced LG, SAMSUNG , SONY or similar products then it is hard to match expectations.

Anyway I returned SANYO and bought a SONY KD-X558200E 4K and quite happy with the quality of the picture. Expensive but need not to compromise on quality for next 5-7 years.

It's all mouth watering prices after seeing 40-50k for 55inch and 65inch for less than 1L, it's very tempting. But the thing here is that we buy one TV and if one does not get what's to be expected from previous usage like sony/Samsung then all becomes a disappointment.

Well thats a smart move that you got a reimbursement and went with Sony. Certainly the quality Sony offers is exceptional compared to these mouth watering TVs available at such a low price.

Congratulations on your purchase. Do share your views and price, as I too am on the same delima and after the announcement of MI 55incher I become sure to buy this one, but again my heart keeps going towards sony.

It’s VA panel, that’s about it, u can’t compare IPS forget comparing Sony or LG. It’s perfect on its price point, if Mi got it all right then this would definitely be good. I would prefer 65” and wait for the fans to settle down and spell out.

Am I tempted ? hell ya
Will I buy? not before a demo

Nothing against MI I would have bought if it was android and ips, the current offering is not my choice, price is tempting enough to consider it for other room

Nothing against MI I would have bought if it was android and ips, the current offering is not my choice, price is tempting enough to consider it for other room
Isn't it Android TV without Google Play Store support baked in? As far as I understand, you can sideload any Android TV app like Amazon Prime or Netflix. It is just that they are pre-installed...

Not sure why android is important in the day of the fire stick and chromecast? Am i missing something here?

Also, is IPS a clear winner in the panel game with VA? I thought both have pros and cons

Not sure why android is important in the day of the fire stick and chromecast? Am i missing something here?

Also, is IPS a clear winner in the panel game with VA? I thought both have pros and cons

First, it's already powerful than firestick's hardware.
Next, who doesn't like to have everything on device than relying on some attachment.
moreover, Neither Firestick nor MiTV got Android TV, it's a different game altogether. These got Android for mobiles modified,hence no playstore.

IPS exists for uniformity, VA for richness.

Isn't it Android TV without Google Play Store support baked in? As far as I understand, you can sideload any Android TV app like Amazon Prime or Netflix. It is just that they are pre-installed...
Side loading doesn't work as of now. Netflix installs but videos won't play. Play store too installs but crashes.

It’s VA panel, that’s about it, u can’t compare IPS forget comparing Sony or LG.

Actually VA panel is better in most aspects than Ips as VA has better contrast ratio, better brightness, darker (deeper) blacks,higjer refresh rates. VA panel is better suited for HDR and ips panel just cannot achieve HDR prerequisites. Only caveat is that VA panel is more prone to motion blur and has lesser viewing angle than ips.

Just want to add, be it IPS or VA.Each one is having some pros and cons explained theoretically by various experts and forums.
But when it comes to brands like Sony, they use IPS as well as VA and still manage to deliver great pictures.

The pricing for Mi TV 4 55" is absolute value, but I'd prefer to wait for Mi to launch the 65" version in the hope that its launching in the next 2-3 months time frame.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to find any news snippets on the possible time frame for Mi TV 4 65" launch.

Can we expect it in Q1'18?

I would suggest to wait out. Xiaomi has just began their journey in Television market in Inda and there's a long way to go. This can force other rivalries to slice their price levels to keep up their market share. Given the great success the company (Xiaomi) has had in selling phones in India for reasonable prices, we should definitely look forward to a repeating trend for TV products. Dont worry about stock not lasting there's more to come.
If I was to do an upgrade, I would definitely consider MI over Vu brand and I wouldn't look up to Samsung or Sony or LG who take junks of margin on each and every unit they sell.

no one in this forum who knows folks who work in Xiaomi India? or their distributors and stockists? only affordable 65 inch right now seems cloud walker at around 65K

no one in this forum who knows folks who work in Xiaomi India? or their distributors and stockists? only affordable 65 inch right now seems cloud walker at around 65K

Why you are not going for MI TV 55 inch.. is there huge difference in size between 55 and 65 ? this is offcourse personal choice. But I just want to understand why you consider 65 instead of 55.

i already have two 50 inch TVs..and will try the 12 pm sale today...but paying another 25K more if i get a 65inch TV which is around 35% more area compared to 55 inch..why not? they already have several 65 inch models in China..its just the matter of figuring out if they have plans to get it this year. I also have a projector btw :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back