MI tv 4 - 65 inch,,,, Wait or Forget?

i already have two 50 inch TVs..and will try the 12 pm sale today...but paying another 25K more if i get a 65inch TV which is around 35% more area compared to 55 inch..why not? they already have several 65 inch models in China..its just the matter of figuring out if they have plans to get it this year. I also have a projector btw :)

All the best !!! :)

i already have two 50 inch TVs..and will try the 12 pm sale today...but paying another 25K more if i get a 65inch TV which is around 35% more area compared to 55 inch..why not? they already have several 65 inch models in China..its just the matter of figuring out if they have plans to get it this year. I also have a projector btw :)
Mi 4 tv 65" costs almost 1L.

I would suggest to wait out. Xiaomi has just began their journey in Television market in Inda and there's a long way to go. This can force other rivalries to slice their price levels to keep up their market share. Given the great success the company (Xiaomi) has had in selling phones in India for reasonable prices, we should definitely look forward to a repeating trend for TV products. Dont worry about stock not lasting there's more to come.
If I was to do an upgrade, I would definitely consider MI over Vu brand and I wouldn't look up to Samsung or Sony or LG who take junks of margin on each and every unit they sell.
These are the brands who developed these technologies.. They need money for that..
Technologies like OLED..

These are the brands who developed these technologies.. They need money for that..
Technologies like OLED..

May be but how much of the source we watch on TV is bluray or original 4k contents? Yet, people will prefer MI first because of its attractive price range because they don't spend millions in Marketing (number of outlets for Samsung/LG/Sony) & Advertisements for their products in TV.
At the same time MI cannot be compared with these giants but is a clear winner for sure!

May be but how much of the source we watch on TV is bluray or original 4k contents? Yet, people will prefer MI first because of its attractive price range because they don't spend millions in Marketing (number of outlets for Samsung/LG/Sony) & Advertisements for their products in TV.
At the same time MI cannot be compared with these giants but is a clear winner for sure!
In that budget they might be great.. but overall..oled cannot be beaten at present.. 720p looks much better on present 4k TV's due to better upscaling.
Have experienced it.

In that budget they might be great.. but overall..oled cannot be beaten at present.. 720p looks much better on present 4k TV's due to better upscaling.
Have experienced it.

I would settle for MI 4k 55 inches sold half the price of Samsung OLED TV. These subtle differences in viewing doesn't worth several thousands more in my opinion. Also I wouldn't spend more on TV or electronics due to the fact that technology keeps changing every couple of years.

Technology change doesn't matter much..
My 4 year old Panasonic plasma.. Beats any tv under 1 lakh ..
Bought it for 1 lakh.

Have experienced it.

OLED has its own share of caveats. Watch the recent Rtings burn in test. In states, LG also replaced many 2016 model panels with 2017 panels after weird issues. LG is d only giant which is producing OLED in large quantity and different models right now apart from SONY and Panasonic. As a brand, I don't trust LG as a consumer who is doomed by their flagship products couple of times like Home theater and Refrigerator. They simply denied to service(paid) home theater after 3 years and were suggesting to buy a new one. Purchased their High end Side by Side so called smart refrigerator 3 months back and it already started showing problems. My 10 years old Samsung refrigerator better preserved food than this shiny new one which spoils all the pickles, curries in few days. Their Smart thinq app which is a base for every LG smart gadget didn't work on any phone upto few days back and they claim the best IOT. God bless !

I would settle for MI 4k 55 inches sold half the price of Samsung OLED TV. These subtle differences in viewing doesn't worth several thousands more in my opinion. Also I wouldn't spend more on TV or electronics due to the fact that technology keeps changing every couple of years.

Samsung won't manufacture any OLED TV as they claim because of short life span. Their QLED range is nothing but a LED Edge backlit LCD VA Panel with different name. Watched the same files 4K HDR(Dunkirk, War for Planet of Apes) on MI TV 4, Samsung Q7F, Sony X9300E- Everything kept in movie mode/Cinema Pro. Difference was so minimal and definitely not worth the extra 2 lakh asking price. Samsung was almost the same as MI TV which stood closer to reality with warmer tone, better contrast and Sony has some extra processing going on which looked cooler in tone and slightly unnatural but better viewing angles than Samsung and Mi TV( I guess Sony has an IPS panel (Correct me if i'm wrong) as it lacked contrast but had better viewing angles.)
They could perform slightly better in optimum viewing conditions and some calibration but extra 2 lakhs ...mehhh
Now the only question lies in longevity. Hope for d best.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back