New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

ishlesh

The 2009 - G10 series has been launched in India too, and am planning to buy Viera TX-P42G10, a definite upgrade over 42PV80.

For your reference, review on one of UK's site:
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-p42g10-tx-p42g10b-20090415146.htm

Regards,

Ishlesh

The 2009 - G10 series has been launched in India too, and am planning to buy Viera TX-P42G10, a definite upgrade over 42PV80.

Regards,

Ishlesh

Hey,
which part of the india you are from and at what price you r going to buy this model..? Can you desrcibe something on it?

hi ishlesh!
thanks for the valuable input..
infact i m eagerly waiting for new panasonic plasma models..
in my knowledge they havent introduced it yet..

had a talk in chenai (head off. of panasonic india) 5 days b4 they gave a cold reply...

and also.. i also inquired.. the dealers have paid up stocks of hundreds of viera.. whic are infact moving out slowly....
so they brought this ranbir kapoor add and some offers.. basically a push stratrgy...

if the model is launched.. pls give me some details..
i will be highly oblidged...

I have been advised about this model by one of my friend, who is Panny distributor.

I called him to check for 42PV80, when he said that I better go for G10 series.

I cannot quote the price he offered - for obvious reasons.

Regards,

Ishlesh

Regards,

Ishlesh

G10 is it not even launched in SG. I think they will launch C10/X10 before even they think of G10.

They've launched X10 and I compared it side by side with the PV80 today. To my eyes, there was hardly any difference. A little bit better in contrast and little else. Its priced a good 12 grand more than the PV80.

Its not Full HD either - its a 1024x768 panel.

Maybe the only new feature is the power saving features of their newer neopdp based panels. I guess over the life of a plasma the ROI on the power saved might be a reason to consider these instead of the existing PV series in India.

Here are some details on G10 and X10 from Trusted Reviews

TX-P42G10 (Score: 9/10) - http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2009/05/13/Panasonic-Viera-TX-P42G10-42in-Plasma-TV/p1
TX-P42X10 (Score: 8/10) - http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2009/03/29/Panasonic-Viera-TX-P42X10-42in-Plasma-TV/p1

--Bhuvan.

Last edited:
I heard that the G10 was priced around or close to 1 lac and

X10 was priced close to 60k

X10 is HD ready
G10 is Full HD

thk ur right about the power saving part major diff from the previous model is in tht it consumes less power I guess.

Both are there in May months AV Max but then the prices they put are usually way off.

AV Max India guys hardly does any work they just copy their absolutely biased UK reviews convert UK pounds to Indian rupees and expect ppl to buy their mag and idiots like me buy it despite knowing all this :mad::mad:

They've launched X10 and I compared it side by side with the PV80 today. To my eyes, there was hardly any difference. A little bit better in contrast and little else. Its priced a good 12 grand more than the PV80.

Its not Full HD either - its a 1024x768 panel.

Where? Address / Contact details of the shop will help.

42X10 - Rs64,990 MRP - after discount Rs63,000
@
Panasonic Brand Shop
#51,4th Block,100 Feet Road
Koramangala, Bangalore, 560034, India
080 41102323?

Last edited:

X10 is HD ready
G10 is Full HD

thk ur right about the power saving part major diff from the previous model is in tht it consumes less power I guess.

Both are there in May months AV Max but then the prices they put are usually way off.

AV Max India guys hardly does any work they just copy their absolutely biased UK reviews convert UK pounds to Indian rupees and expect ppl to buy their mag and idiots like me buy it despite knowing all this :mad::mad:

I don't believe there will be a significant drop in consumption of power if you go for the X10 series as they still may be using the older panels with improved circuitry and not the neo panels.
The G10 series uses the new neo panels.

Check out below link for more details --

Pricing and availability of Panasonic HDTVs revealed - Home AV - Crave - CNET Asia

Attachments

• Panasonic 09 Lineup.jpg
    Panasonic 09 Lineup.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 344
Excellent news intelxeon.

If possible, could you also ask your source 2 more things:

What sizes will be launched? (only 42", or also 46" and 50")
Expected pricing?

Well as they already have the PY850 in stocks, guess initially they will only be launching the 42" of X10 & G10 series ....

Another important factor here is the current stock of units in India.

As if they still have lot of PV8 & PV80 in stock, they will role out more schemes to clear the stock out. Also we may witness a further price drop of these models once new models are on the shelf.

So buyers still wanting to buy PV8 & PV80 should keep a tight watch, and purchase right at the last moment they may be able to get a gr8 deal ...

I don't believe there will be a significant drop in consumption of power if you go for the X10 series as they still may be using the older panels with improved circuitry and not the neo panels.
The G10 series uses the new neo panels.

hey!
i just checked out.. x10 in my city..
basically not a big difference.. compared to pv8/80
pv8 consumes.. 325w and new x10 consumes 285w(42'')

but when v compare to lcds in same genre they consume approx.. 200w

so not a major difference in pv8 and x10 in terms of power..!

X10 is HD ready
G10 is Full HD

hey rem!
just checked out the price for x10
after discount 55k(bargainable)
with stand..delivery..installation..and a scratchcard (lol)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back