Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

So you say buying a sub that costs 90K in us at 1.15L which is a 33k extra, which should cover shipping,Import taxes,distributor margin and then the dealer margin is not decent pricing in today's market rate?
Pls note, most of the subs are manufactured in China and US retail prices cover shipping (China->USA->home), distributor and/or dealer margins as well as warranty support process. Hence, except for the delta related to Indian customs and GST (relative to what is charged by US Govt), the rest should be same. The question is, is the local distributor loading more than this delta, or is the delta itself so huge that it is causing us all this grief?

Pls note, most of the subs are manufactured in China and US retail prices cover shipping (China->USA->home), distributor and/or dealer margins as well as warranty support process. Hence, except for the delta related to Indian customs and GST (relative to what is charged by US Govt), the rest should be same. The question is, is the local distributor loading more than this delta, or is the delta itself so huge that it is causing us all this grief?
Definitely based on demand and reviews the dealers make a meal out of the pricing for sure and blame everything with shipping,duties etc. I have just stopped giving this a thought since it is a lost cause with audio gears in our country. We just have to spend the extra money for a gear that we desire.

Dam it another massive price hike. Any one here looking to sell their fvx12 or fvx15? Current pricing is ridiculous. As i have already own a fvx12 I have no other option. No stocks and will take 3-4 months so in the mean time looking for an used fvx12 or 15 till stocks arrive

Dam it another massive price hike. Any one here looking to sell their fvx12 or fvx15? Current pricing is ridiculous. As i have already own a fvx12 I have no other option. No stocks and will take 3-4 months so in the mean time looking for an used fvx12 or 15 till stocks arrive

Hi...i am from Gurgaon and currently contemplating buying Rythmik E15HP...i also have the option of Klipsch rp 1200 which launched recently.

My room is 14 feet * 20 feet and 9 foot ceiling... my main question is that being a sealed sub can E15HP pressurize the room like a ported sub can?...i understand that rythmik are known for bass clarity, note to note distinction and effortlessness, however being a sealed sub, can it deliver chest thumping bass like klipsch rp 1200 or svs pb 1000 pro (from a thump perspective, i have only listned to klipsch and svs)

Thanks

Hi...i am from Gurgaon and currently contemplating buying Rythmik E15HP...i also have the option of Klipsch rp 1200 which launched recently.

My room is 14 feet * 20 feet and 9 foot ceiling... my main question is that being a sealed sub can E15HP pressurize the room like a ported sub can?...i understand that rythmik are known for bass clarity, note to note distinction and effortlessness, however being a sealed sub, can it deliver chest thumping bass like klipsch rp 1200 or svs pb 1000 pro (from a thump perspective, i have only listned to klipsch and svs)

Thanks
Thats a decently sized room but would pose no problem for an E15 HP2. Can it pressurise it as well as other ported 15 inchers? probably not. But definitely more than an SVS PB1000 pro or a Klipsch RP1200 i'd wager.

Thanks
Why not the fvx15 instead of E15?

Why not the fvx15 instead of E15?
So i saw a review of FVX15 by a Youtube reviewer Z Review wherein the FVX 15 was literally shaking the whole space :)... As much as i loved the video and the impact it had, i live in an apartment which has 4 floors and i live on the 1st Floor (ground floor is parking hence no worry of bass travelling downwards).. i also don't want my neighbour's room directly above my living area to rattle in such moments in case of high volumes...

Also, Z Review said that this sub is best suited for wooden floors and houses built with soft materials. Now in India we have concrete floors plus i have 2 glass walls (although they are toughened glass and i have very thick curtains before them), hence i'm worried in case i go for FVX15, would the rattle hamper my movie watching / music (mostly hip hop, edm) experience?

That's where the confusion is plus i also heard Nemo's recommendation on the E15HP2 that have good bass and clarity (Avenue Sound India currently has only E15HP, however i figured that they also have 600 watts rms output which should be more than enough).

So while i am completely open to buying the FVX15, based on the above, would love to have your inputs?. Unfortunately, in Gurgaon there is no dealer as well who has either FVX15 or E15HP so i would completely be guided by the experience of Forum members

I love deep and clean bass and am not good at technicals so please excuse my ignorance :)

@rainbowsong2000 - Can you please share your experience of FVX15 and whether the rattle is an issue for you?

So i saw a review of FVX15 by a Youtube reviewer Z Review wherein the FVX 15 was literally shaking the whole space :)... As much as i loved the video and the impact it had, i live in an apartment which has 4 floors and i live on the 1st Floor (ground floor is parking hence no worry of bass travelling downwards).. i also don't want my neighbour's room directly above my living area to rattle in such moments in case of high volumes...

Also, Z Review said that this sub is best suited for wooden floors and houses built with soft materials. Now in India we have concrete floors plus i have 2 glass walls (although they are toughened glass and i have very thick curtains before them), hence i'm worried in case i go for FVX15, would the rattle hamper my movie watching / music (mostly hip hop, edm) experience?

That's where the confusion is plus i also heard Nemo's recommendation on the E15HP2 that have good bass and clarity (Avenue Sound India currently has only E15HP, however i figured that they also have 600 watts rms output which should be more than enough).

So while i am completely open to buying the FVX15, based on the above, would love to have your inputs?. Unfortunately, in Gurgaon there is no dealer as well who has either FVX15 or E15HP so i would completely be guided by the experience of Forum members

I love deep and clean bass and am not good at technicals so please excuse my ignorance :)

@rainbowsong2000 - Can you please share your experience of FVX15 and whether the rattle is an issue for you?
Rythmik is suitable for wooden floor and house built with soft materials is incorrect analysis if you ask me. In fact Woden floor should cause more rattles. If movies is your top priority fvx15 will be an excellent choice for your room size.Getting clean and deep bass depends on your room irrespective of what ever sub you go for. I have dual fvx12 and bass is crap due to room. I live in 2nd floor and 1st floor uses Sony HTIB that costs 18-20k with a passive subwoofer. It only farts bass but on high volumes my floor rattles and is a huge disturbance so imagine what will be the result if the 1st floor uses e15?

Rythmik is suitable for wooden floor and house built with soft materials is incorrect analysis if you ask me. In fact Woden floor should cause more rattles. If movies is your top priority fvx15 will be an excellent choice for your room size.Getting clean and deep bass depends on your room irrespective of what ever sub you go for. I have dual fvx12 and bass is crap due to room. I live in 2nd floor and 1st floor uses Sony HTIB that costs 18-20k with a passive subwoofer. It only farts bass but on high volumes my floor rattles and is a huge disturbance so imagine what will be the result if the 1st floor uses e15?
Thank you for the quick response...just one last question...with the aforementioned perspective and considering that i won't be able to use the sub to the maximum most of the time, you sugesst i still buy FVX 15 (and play at lower / medium volumes with good and deep bass) or should i consider E15HP (only worry being whether i would get the same thump as FVX 15?)

Hi Anshul,

I am using the FVX 15 for the past 6 months along with Dual PB2000. But most of the time FVX 15 heavy lifting the Low frequencies. I was using the FVX 15 in a Bed room for few months, which has 4 glass windows, Whenever it hits the low bass region it will rattle the doors and windows. So, its always advisable to utilize the Room correction software (Audessy etc. ) to arrest the boominess in lower frequency which will help you reducing the rattle.

And 90% I am using my gears for watching movies, FVX 15 plays a vital role on bass regions (cross over 80 or 90) and its play well on midbass while listening music.

Just mind the massiveness of the Sub, it will be like a Mini refrigerator :) if you are ok with that you can very well go with FVX 15.

Thanks
Dina

Hi Anshul,

I am using the FVX 15 for the past 6 months along with Dual PB2000. But most of the time FVX 15 heavy lifting the Low frequencies. I was using the FVX 15 in a Bed room for few months, which has 4 glass windows, Whenever it hits the low bass region it will rattle the doors and windows. So, its always advisable to utilize the Room correction software (Audessy etc. ) to arrest the boominess in lower frequency which will help you reducing the rattle.

And 90% I am using my gears for watching movies, FVX 15 plays a vital role on bass regions (cross over 80 or 90) and its play well on midbass while listening music.

Just mind the massiveness of the Sub, it will be like a Mini refrigerator :) if you are ok with that you can very well go with FVX 15.

Thanks
Dina
Thank you for sharing the feedback !! and as long as the boominess can be arrested, i think i will go with FVX 15 only. Wife is kind of okay with the mini refrigerator so will run with it before she changes her mind

One more thing, since you are using SVS PB2000 as well, just wanted to know your view (in terms of music playback only as i'm pretty sure FVX15 is best for movies) for a choice between below subs (other than FVX 15) which i think are all more or less under 2 lacs -

1. REL HT 1510 predator ii
2. Klipsch RP 1400SW
3. SVS PB 2000 pro

Thank you for all the help in making the decision :)

Thank you for the quick response...just one last question...with the aforementioned perspective and considering that i won't be able to use the sub to the maximum most of the time, you sugesst i still buy FVX 15 (and play at lower / medium volumes with good and deep bass) or should i consider E15HP (only worry being whether i would get the same thump as FVX 15?)
Sealed subs like the E15 give great thumps but the equivalent ported fvx15 will give you more spl in the lower region. You can plan dual E15 if budget permits. Only after u get a sub and start watching movies you will get to know what lacks in ur room and what improvements your ears wants. It’s a tedious process especially when it comes to bass. So if you have space and budget for dual subs please plan accordingly.

Thank you for sharing the feedback !! and as long as the boominess can be arrested, i think i will go with FVX 15 only. Wife is kind of okay with the mini refrigerator so will run with it before she changes her mind

One more thing, since you are using SVS PB2000 as well, just wanted to know your view (in terms of music playback only as i'm pretty sure FVX15 is best for movies) for a choice between below subs (other than FVX 15) which i think are all more or less under 2 lacs -

1. REL HT 1510 predator ii
2. Klipsch RP 1400SW
3. SVS PB 2000 pro

Thank you for all the help in making the decision :)
FVX 15 is not an overkill for your room. After running Audyssey I never experienced any kind of rattles or boomyness. In fact I felt bass severely lacking(common thing with any room correction sw)

Audyssey calibrated sub at -7.5 db on AVR with 35% gain on sub. I turned it up to 70%(28 clicks up, to be precise) & increased it to -5db on AVR(some times i change it to -4 for few movies) with no rattles what so ever. For movies I keep 100hz crossover & music I keep it at 80.
Why I gave you all these details is, looking at its size, you might be thinking you would never be driving it to the max. It may not be the case always :)

As many people mentioned placement is more important than the sub. It has 1 PEQ, only useful to address any spikes. Dips you can address only up to 3 db. In my case I have 9 db dip between 22 to 30 hz when sub is at its best position in my room(in other places it had multiple dips). So that 3 db doesn't do much.

It's an excellent sub with good bass distinction. When calibrated correctly it will disappear in the room. While rythmik says it is good for HT, I personally felt it is equally good with music as well in my room.

Last edited:

Thanks
hi Anshul,

You can check with DB1989 who is from New Delhi who own E15HP2 which give you more clarity if he agrees to allow you for demo. try n see so all ur queries can be solved.
No Doubt Rythmik is one of the best & no owners i have seen posted dissatisfied after buying ....

FVX 15 is not an overkill for your room. After running Audyssey I never experienced any kind of rattles or boomyness. In fact I felt bass severely lacking(common thing with any room correction sw)

Audyssey calibrated sub at -7.5 db on AVR with 35% gain on sub. I turned it up to 70%(28 clicks up, to be precise) & increased it to -5db on AVR(some times i change it to -4 for few movies) with no rattles what so ever. For movies I keep 100hz crossover & music I keep it at 80.
Why I gave you all these details is, looking at its size, you might be thinking you would never be driving it to the max. It may not be the case always :)

As many people mentioned placement is more important than the sub. It has 1 PEQ, only useful to address any spikes. Dips you can address only up to 3 db. In my case I have 9 db dip between 22 to 30 hz when sub is at its best position in my room(in other places it had multiple dips). So that 3 db doesn't do much.

It's an excellent sub with good bass distinction. When calibrated correctly it will disappear in the room. While rythmik says it is good for HT, I personally felt it is equally good with music as well in my room.
Thank you for the detailed reply... this helps a lot for my decision making process :) .

Now will eagerly wait for the sub to arrive. I have been told that rythmik FVX series would only arrive 1 month later when we place the order owing to supply constraint issues :(

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back