Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

Hi, sorry if this is not a right thread to ask this. I have an issue with my FV15HP woofer. Something happened last night which tripped the fuse box for my living room. From this morning, when I turn on the woofer, I'm hearing a loud buzzing noise proportional to the gain knob.

I removed removing the line connection, but the noise still exists. Tried it with different wall sockets as well. is the woofer busted? any good place to get it checked?
Is it in warranty and do you have any authorised rythmik dealer at your place?

Is it in warranty and do you have any authorised rythmik dealer at your place?

Yes. It is under 3 year warranty. Avenue Sound is very responsive and is trying to find help locally (Coimbatore).

Here is the video of the problem if any one is curious

Yes. It is under 3 year warranty. Avenue Sound is very responsive and is trying to find help locally (Coimbatore).

This must be an amp issue and hopefully it’s replaced under warranty. Do u connect it directly or with some protective gears in the chain?

This must be an amp issue and hopefully it’s replaced under warranty. Do u connect it directly or with some protective gears in the chain?

It was connected to a belkin spike strip. Apparently, it didn’t do the expected work.

Damaged equipment also includes a denon receiver and a ps5.

I think i have to invest now in a whole house surge protector.

It was connected to a belkin spike strip. Apparently, it didn’t do the expected work.

Damaged equipment also includes a denon receiver and a ps5.

I think i have to invest now in a whole house surge protector.
Ok this is clear indication of a power surge. Get a 3 phase OBO SPD type1 or 2 and install in your mains. Image for reference. Buy it directly from market and have a skilled electrician install it so you can just pay for labour.

Attachments

• 5602FA3F-78AB-490B-9909-100BD553E674.jpeg
    5602FA3F-78AB-490B-9909-100BD553E674.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 22
Ok this is clear indication of a power surge. Get a 3 phase OBO SPD type1 or 2 and install in your mains. Image for reference. Buy it directly from market and have a skilled electrician install it so you can just pay for labour.

I’m a total newb in this, i think my home only has a single phase power supply. Would three phase SPD be compatible?

It's best you speak to Avenue Sound and get their direction to get the plate amp replaced.

They may ask you to ship the faulty board for the replacement.

I don't think Coimbatore has any service technicians for Rythmik.

A friend is looking to purchase a Rythmik sub, so he enquired from the distributor, Prosonic is no more the official dealer.
As i have seen that dealer mentioned a lot in Rythmik subs threads, just wanted to update this info here. The prices of Rythmik & SVS is crazy here & my friend is now considering the Rel Predator instead..

A friend is looking to purchase a Rythmik sub, so he enquired from the distributor, Prosonic is no more the official dealer.
As i have seen that dealer mentioned a lot in Rythmik subs threads, just wanted to update this info here. The prices of Rythmik & SVS is crazy here & my friend is now considering the Rel Predator instead..
Ask him to wait for the version 2 model to be available in india. But cost wise REL also equally inflated.

Generally as the sales of any sub goes up in India, the prices increase illogically & reminds me of K-pad's comment pertaining to this.

If Arendal subs are currently reasonable then that would be a good option imho. The build quality of their subs are top notch as they use Hdf and they have got good ownership reviews.

Yes, Prosonics no more with Rythmik, but currently dealing REL and Arendal.

Yes, Prosonics no more with Rythmik, but currently dealing REL and Arendal.
Good move by Prosonics. I have a Rythmik E15 HP2. It's good in a vacuum but not 2.3L good.

What sub is good in the 2.3L range? E15 equivalent subs are also priced similarly in India.
It's a coordinated effort by dealers of known brands to hike up prices - which is not entirely unreasonable considering demand and supply since they know consumers don't do their homework.

For example, my Mission MS450 sub can pressurise my room just as much as (or even better) than my Rythmik E15HP2 while being 1/5th the price. Sure, it cannot dig as deep but for most situations, it suffices.

Time to checkout other brands - the move to Rythmik and REL initially was also prompted by the insane price hike of SVS subs.

It's a coordinated effort by dealers of known brands to hike up prices - which is not entirely unreasonable considering demand and supply since they know consumers don't do their homework.

For example, my Mission MS450 sub can pressurise my room just as much as (or even better) than my Rythmik E15HP2 while being 1/5th the price. Sure, it cannot dig as deep but for most situations, it suffices.

Time to checkout other brands - the move to Rythmik and REL initially was also prompted by the insane price hike of SVS subs.
My room is just 10*11. I have used polkhts12, bic pl200, xtz 10.17, 10.17 edge, 12.17, osd, rythmik LV12F and now fvx 12. In terms of spl and pressurising the room all had the power and head room and is loud enough. I have even measured them and all have similar spl and frequency response.Bass is not just about spl and digging deep. Integration, the snappy and quick response these are something the mission 450 can’t even come close to the e15 and that is why it’s costing 1/5th of the cost to the e15. Pricing wise yes sucks and no argument there

My room is just 10*11. I have used polkhts12, bic pl200, xtz 10.17, 10.17 edge, 12.17, osd, rythmik LV12F and now fvx 12. In terms of spl and pressurising the room all had the power and head room and is loud enough. I have even measured them and all have similar spl and frequency response.Bass is not just about spl and digging deep. Integration, the snappy and quick response these are something the mission 450 can’t even come close to the e15 and that is why it’s costing 1/5th of the cost to the e15. Pricing wise yes sucks and no argument there
My REL does better at 1/3rd the price... Till REL caught on and now REL prices have also been hiked unreasonably. Therefore, it's no longer my go to recommendation.

What I'm saying is, if the customers do not do their research and stick to being fanboys, the dealers will hike prices.

P.s. - It's a double edged sword for the customer also. Existing owners benefit from the price hike and cash in on marks who don't know any better or are unwilling to explore.

Last edited:
My REL does better at 1/3rd the price... Till REL caught on and now REL prices have also been hiked unreasonably. Therefore, it's no longer my go to recommendation.

What I'm saying is, if the customers do not do their research and stick to being fanboys, the dealers will hike prices.

P.s. - It's a double edged sword for the customer also. Existing owners benefit from the price hike and cash in on marks who don't know any better or are unwilling to explore.
Not sure who you are referring here as a fan boy. You claim your Rel can do better 14hz-120hz but objectively it’s not possible. Even the 15 inch Rel predator can’t dig that deep. There is a difference between a sub that plays till 35hz and integrating better to a sub that gives spl and good integration till 14hz. Any ways good for you that your Rel is doing better at 1/3rd of the price and hopefully many other benefits. Let every one sell their 15 inch rythmik and get a 8 inch Rel that’s what you sound like. Comparison should be apples to apples.

Not sure who you are referring here as a fan boy. You claim your Rel can do better 14hz-120hz but objectively it’s not possible. Even the 15 inch Rel predator can’t dig that deep. There is a difference between a sub that plays till 35hz and integrating better to a sub that gives spl and good integration till 14hz. Any ways good for you that your Rel is doing better at 1/3rd of the price and hopefully many other benefits. Let every one sell their 15 inch rythmik and get a 8 inch Rel that’s what you sound like. Comparison should be apples to apples.
Not referring to anyone in particular as fanboys but the consumer in general. Jaago grahak jaago.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back