Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

Not referring to anyone in particular as fanboys but the consumer in general. Jaago grahak jaago.
Ok but do note one thing. Now Inflation is at peak. Marantz, Denon every other popular brands and not only Rythmik. Marantz 8015 at present has a mrp of 5.95L. I know few in circle who got 8012 which is the predecessor for 1.6L which had a mrp of 2.8 or 3.2L don't remember.

Not sure who you are referring here as a fan boy. You claim your Rel can do better 14hz-120hz but objectively it’s not possible. Even the 15 inch Rel predator can’t dig that deep.
Missed that little tidbit of information. I have heard and measured a sub which can knock the socks off my Rythmik E15HP2 with a 10 inch driver and dig down to 14hz. And the integration and articulation was also fantastic. In fact, the sheer punch and vehemence (start stop charateristic) was scintillating. And if that were not all, it was the flattest response i’d ever seen. This was at an FMs place who i helped setup the sub with my Umik-1. So yes, i would emphatically state that it is possible.
There is a difference between a sub that plays till 35hz and integrating better to a sub that gives spl and good integration till 14hz.
25hz with the tiny 10inch on the T9i that i have. And for most situations, it suffices and is rather satisfying for 1/3rd the price.

On the other hand, my Rythmik digs deeper but for most situations, and especially for music, it remains switched off as my REL does better.

Then is REL the holy grail? not with its current prices. I’d say there are better options when viewed from an overall perspective.
Any ways good for you that your Rel is doing better at 1/3rd of the price and hopefully many other benefits.
In my books, there are indeed other benefits. The fit and finish on REL is fantastic and makes my Rythmik look like my Grandpas sub. Even the Mission MS450 looks better - more of a popular vote amongst those that have witnessed it in action before the Rythmik replaced it.

And integration of the REL is a breeze! Only three settings - crossover, gain and phase to play with. It takes next to no time to setup the REL and nearly idiot proof. On the other hand, loving simplicity as i do (or by virtue of me being a simpleton), i was befuddled with the myriad settings that the Rythmik had. Of course, there’d be others who would be salivating at the prospect of being able to customize their subs response to the umpteenth degree, though that does not necessarily result in better integration with the main speakers.
Let every one sell their 15 inch rythmik and get a 8 inch Rel that’s what you sound like. Comparison should be apples to apples.
Now why would one do that? Everyone who got REL and Rythmik before the price hike/s are happy because they got it at a fair price to performance ratio.

But for people seeking to buy a new sub, there are equivalent, if not better solutions that are more economical than REL and Rythmik in my books. :)

Missed that little tidbit of information. I have heard and measured a sub which can knock the socks off my Rythmik E15HP2 with a 10 inch driver and dig down to 14hz. And the integration and articulation was also fantastic. In fact, the sheer punch and vehemence (start stop charateristic) was scintillating. And if that were not all, it was the flattest response i’d ever seen. This was at an FMs place who i helped setup the sub with my Umik-1. So yes, i would emphatically state that it is possible.
Now i have also heard various type of subs sounding better than how it sounds in my room.JL audio for example which i have not heard but has smaller driver, more powerful amp and more expensive. Depends on room,sub design and brand. I was just referring to your quote my rel can do better. No way in your room objectively. Bring the same sub to ur room or take the e15 to his place and do the comparison. Now this will be the right way to judge a subwoofer
25hz with the tiny 10inch on the T9i that i have. And for most situations, it suffices and is rather satisfying for 1/3rd the price.

On the other hand, my Rythmik digs deeper but for most situations, and especially for music, it remains switched off as my REL does better.

Then is REL the holy grail? not with its current prices. I’d say there are better options when viewed from an overall perspective.
Again happy its working for you better then the rhythmic. Not being sarcastic or making fun but if some one comes and tells me i am enjoying the yamaha sw50 6 inch 50 watts driver better then a more expensive and powerful sub also i will not to try and convince him that rythmik should be better. End of the day ur ears and mental satisfaction is what matters
Now why would one do that?
Lol thats what you where saying or at-least how I interpreted your statement. How you compared and judged was not at all apples to apples
But for people seeking to buy a new sub, there are equivalent, if not better solutions that are more economical than REL and Rythmik in my books.
Please do list out the subs. I am genuinely asking. If you see my history you will know how many subs i have exchanged

Last edited:
Now i have also heard various type of subs sounding better than how it sounds in my room.JL audio for example which i have not heard but has smaller driver, more powerful amp and more expensive. Depends on room,sub design and brand. I was just referring to your quote my rel can do better. No way in your room objectively. Bring the same sub to ur room or take the e15 to his place and do the comparison. Now this will be the right way to judge a subwoofer

Again happy its working for you better then the rhythmic. Not being sarcastic or making fun but if some one comes and tells me i am enjoying the yamaha sw50 6 inch 50 watts driver better then a more expensive and powerful sub also i will not to try and convince him that rythmik should be better. End of the day ur ears and mental satisfaction is what matters

Lol thats what you where saying or at-least how I interpreted your statement. How you compared and judged was not at all apples to apples

Please do list out the subs. I am genuinely asking. If you see my history you will know how many subs i have exchanged
There will always be an argument and a counter argument 🙂

So in my books - and based on what I've stated above, the Rythmik is not worth it's going price at the moment.

JL is a fantastic starting place - I've heard it and it was indeed the 10 inch sub i was alluding to. For most rooms, I'm willing to wager that it'll sound better than a price comparable Rythmik to most ears. The Rythmik simply does not have the punch and drive that a JL does - at least the E15HP2 doesn't.

There will always be an argument and a counter argument 🙂

So in my books - and based on what I've stated above, the Rythmik is not worth it's going price at the moment.

JL is a fantastic starting place - I've heard it and it was indeed the 10 inch sub i was alluding to. For most rooms, I'm willing to wager that it'll sound better than a price comparable Rythmik to most ears. The Rythmik simply does not have the punch and drive that a JL does - at least the E15HP2 doesn't.
But have you heard the e15hp2 and the JL audio in the same room and system? If yes then i will hold on to your statement,if not then your approach to judge a sub-woofer performance is not the right one. So i am not trying to be a fanboy and argue but just trying to understand how you have come to this conclusion. And again JL audio is also very expensive and i have read various owners feedback in avs forum stating its not worth the price. My brother uses the yamaha HTIB i used 5 or 6 years back in my room. At his place certain beats i hear in his 50 watts 6 inch subwoofer which i dont with my dual xtz, rythmik and other big subs i used that are 12inches and 300-500 watts. He tells the same when he visits me. Anyways this thread is loosing its purpose for a simple question i asked :D

Last edited:
But have you heard the e15hp2 and the JL audio in the same room and system? If yes then i will hold on to your statement,if not then your approach to judge a sub-woofer performance is not the right one. So i am not trying to be a fanboy and argue but just trying to understand how you have come to this conclusion. And again JL audio is also very expensive and i have read various owners feedback in avs forum stating its not worth the price. My brother uses the yamaha HTIB i used 5 or 6 years back in my room. At his place certain beats i hear in his 50 watts 6 inch subwoofer which i dont with my dual xtz, rythmik and other big subs i used that are 12inches and 300-500 watts. He tells the same when he visits me. Anyways this thread is loosing its purpose for a simple question i asked :D
Your argument isn't entirely misplaced. But then, the same logic is also applicable to speakers since they're nothing but full range subs (think the new Maggie subs if it's difficult to reconcile the aforesaid statement).

In my experience, I've found the general characteristics of my speakers to hold up in most rooms I've tested them in(my posse are my test mules), once a little bit of care is taken for placement and positioning.

For now, i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Till i lure the concerned FM to my place alongwith his JL ;)

(Which shouldn't ideally pose a problem since the JL, despite being thunderous in it's capabilities, weighs very little - it's simply mind boggling)

And it's just one brand that we're talking about for now. There are plenty of other brands if one cares to look. 🙂

Last edited:
And integration of the REL is a breeze! Only three settings - crossover, gain and phase to play with. It takes next to no time to setup the REL and nearly idiot proof. On the other hand, loving simplicity as i do (or by virtue of me being a simpleton), i was befuddled with the myriad settings that the Rythmik had. Of course, there’d be others who would be salivating at the prospect of being able to customize their subs response to the umpteenth degree, though that does not necessarily result in better integration with the main speakers.

Now why would one do that? Everyone who got REL and Rythmik before the price hike/s are happy because they got it at a fair price to performance ratio.

But for people seeking to buy a new sub, there are equivalent, if not better solutions that are more economical than REL and Rythmik in my books. :)
The above is very true at least in my experience. The big 3 are no longer vfm but off course people who can spend & like these subs, then nothing wrong in purchasing them. But people looking out for maximum vfm may look at other brands where the price escalation in India is not much as compared to Rel, Rythmik & SVS.

The above is very true at least in my experience. The big 3 are no longer vfm but off course people who can spend & like these subs, then nothing wrong in purchasing them. But people looking out for maximum vfm may look at other brands where the price escalation in India is not much as compared to Rel, Rythmik & SVS.
Just curious what are those others? For example i just got the FVX 12 with 25% discount which is about 1.23L. It costs 1099 usd which amounts to 90K. So i have paid extra 33k which is not at all a hugely inflated cost IMO considering the size and weight of it. So name a sub which will be in the 1.23L range but better then the fvx12? Yes compared to old pricing its ridiculous but what options i have missed

Last edited:
Just curious what are those others? For example i just got the FVX 12 with 25% discount which is about 1.23L. It costs 1099 usd which amounts to 90K. So i have paid extra 33k which is not at all a hugely inflated cost IMO considering the size and weight of it. So name a sub which will be in the 1.23L range but better then the fvx12? Yes compared to old pricing its ridiculous but what options i have missed
I would also look at Arendal, PSA too.
I had got the Rel 1508 at 1,35,000 before the price escalation & now if I am not mistaken it is around 2,10,000 which is too much. When I bought it , it was almost on par with the international price of 1700 usd, so in my case was well worth it for its performance but not in the current scenario.
I may be wrong but the price of SVS PB 2000 pro and Rythmik FVX 12 may be on par at approx 1,30,000. PB 2000 was available at around 90,000 in 2018.

Even if the price of Arendal or PSA is on par with the above 3, I would have gone for either in the current situation since their build quality along with sound quality is stellar as per reviews.

Anyways it is each one's passion and prerogative to what they think is right.
Have heard good reviews of the FVX 12 though, enjoy it :)

Rgs,
Nitin

I would also look at Arendal, PSA too.
I had got the Rel 1508 at 1,35,000 before the price escalation & now if I am not mistaken it is around 2,10,000 which is too much. When I bought it , it was almost on par with the international price of 1700 usd, so in my case was well worth it for its performance but not in the current scenario.
I may be wrong but the price of SVS PB 2000 pro and Rythmik FVX 12 may be on par at approx 1,30,000. PB 2000 was available at around 90,000 in 2018.

Even if the price of Arendal or PSA is on par with the above 3, I would have gone for either in the current situation since their build quality along with sound quality is stellar as per reviews.

Anyways it is each one's passion and prerogative to what they think is right.
Have heard good reviews of the FVX 12 though, enjoy it :)

Rgs,
Nitin
I know a fm who moved to fvx 12 from PSA and 100% satisfied. Now why are we talking about old prices? No point and totally useless. PB2000pro and fvx12 have similar pricing but interms of SQ i am 100% sure the fvx 12 is the better one based on user reviews and feedback. Nemo a good youtube reviewer named it the best SQ subwoofer for 2021. Now you are talking only on pricing. What about performance? Are you sure that in the same price you get better subs? Arendal,PSA are also expensive only and not cheap. So very confusing claims and post by both of you. The popular rythmik subs are Fvx12,Fvx15 in ported and F12 and E15 in sealed. So what are the subs better in similar price point? Well no one knows or have done apples to apples comparison but hey there are better VFM subs lol :D I am just collecting information and not trying to be a fan boy and by my pattern of changing subs u should know next year i might get an aerandal or JL audio

I know a fm who moved to fvx 12 from PSA and 100% satisfied. Now why are we talking about old prices? No point and totally useless.
Price vs vfm is the bone of contention here. By old prices, I mean about just a year ago taking into account reasonable inflation.
People move from one brand to another based on their personal preferences, budget and prerogative.. Most of the subs mentioned are all good but in proportion to their price especially where the price difference is more
between India and other countries.
I am sure the FVX will keep you happy for a long time.

Rgs,
Nitin

Price vs vfm is the bone of contention here. By old prices, I mean about just a year ago taking into account reasonable inflation.
People move from one brand to another based on their personal preferences, budget and prerogative.. Most of the subs mentioned are all good but in proportion to their price especially where the price difference is more
between India and other countries.
I am sure the FVX will keep you happy for a long time.

Rgs,
Nitin
So you say buying a sub that costs 90K in us at 1.15L which is a 33k extra, which should cover shipping,Import taxes,distributor margin and then the dealer margin is not decent pricing in today's market rate?And also 3 years Amp warranty with 5 years on driver. Replacement process is slow but they even replaced my sub when amp replacement did not fix the issue i had with my LV12F. So just wondering and gaining knowledge here which may be informative to others as well

Buddy, i hope you're not internalising this issue when nobody's making it about you.

Secondly, issue is current advertiser pricing and not that paid by existing owners.

If we're talking negotiated prices, the JLE110 sub by the FM in question was procured for 1.3L.

Freight is at most between 0.5 to 1% of CIF value.

Buddy, you're internalising this issue when nobody's making it about you.

Secondly, issue is current advertiser pricing and not that paid by existing owners.

If we're talking negotiated prices, the JLE110 sub by the FM in question was procured for 1.3L.

Freight is at most between 0.5 to 1% of CIF value.
Buddy i am not making it about me but what you say is totally opposite to my experience so raising valid points. Some of your claims are ridiculous IMO

So you say buying a sub that costs 90K in us at 1.15L which is a 33k extra, which should cover shipping,Import taxes,distributor margin and then the dealer margin is not decent pricing in today's market rate?And also 3 years Amp warranty with 5 years on driver. Replacement process is slow but they even replaced my sub when amp replacement did not fix the issue i had with my LV12F. So just wondering and gaining knowledge here which may be informative to others as well
In some cases maybe shipping will be more although at a reasonable price. But The rel 1508 was consistent at 1700 usd across all countries considering it is a UK brand and made in China. In fact in the US it was available at Adorama on sale for 999 usd around the time I had purchased it here which was a fantastic rate.
Basically what I mean to say is Rel had maintained uniform pricing across countries at that point of time for that model. Warranty was also same at that price.
Agreed that there can be silght escalation of prices due to taxes etc in India but it should not be too much though.

Last edited:
In some cases maybe shipping will be more although at a reasonable price. But The rel 1508 was consistent at 1700 usd across all countries considering it is a UK brand and made in China. In fact in the US it was available at Adorama at sale for 999 usd around the time I had purchased it here which was a fantastic rate.
Basically what I mean to say is Rel had maintained uniform pricing across countries at that point of time for that model. Warranty was also same at that price.
Agreed that there can be silght escalation of prices due to taxes etc in India but it should not be too much though.
Rel pricing has always been better. The predator series is still priced well and better then rythmik pricing no questions there.

Rel pricing has always been better. The predator series is still priced well and better then rythmik pricing no questions there.
The Predator pricing is no longer favourable at least in India. But for its current pricing in India, really don't know how many people will purchase it .

The Predator pricing is no longer favourable at least in India. But for its current pricing in India, really don't know how many people will purchase it .
Last i checked it has a mrp of 2.1 or 2.2L same price to E15 in India. I think in US the predator is much more expensive then E15 and has an advantage over E15 in India. I almost pulled the trigger but i wanted to stick with ported subs.

Same people who'll watch US/UK based pricing reviews (and awards) and consider it applicable in the Indian context.

Last i checked it has a mrp of 2.1 or 2.2L same price to E15 in India. I think in US the predator is much more expensive then E15 and has an advantage over E15 in India. I almost pulled the trigger but i wanted to stick with ported subs.
Yes that pricing is true at least for the old predator. The new predator has more wattage so could be more if I am not mistaken.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back