Samsung PS51E550 Plasma Group Buy - Interest check

Yup. E550 sold out in Samsung, Panjagutta. They will get stock in a week. The person said that only after he gets stock he would be able to discuss reg. the reduction in price for group buy.

This is an interest check thread for Samsung PS51E550 Plasma Group Buy

I just visited one of the dealers in Pune and he is ready to give it at Rs.69000 :yahoo:
That was just for an individual. If there is a group we may be able to get this further below.

Remember, Rs.69000 is an excellent price in Pune, considering 4% Octroi and 12.5% VAT as compared to No Octroi & 5% VAT in Delhi.

Anyone interested?

If you want a demo of this TV you could visit Samsung Plaza at

10 Millennium Star,
Near Ruby Hall,
Dhole Patil Road,
Pune - 411001

It's put up for display there. It's a fantastic TV. The colors are so natural, just like in CRTs. You can clearly see comparing it side by side to the LCDs/LEDs there, how unnatural & artificial colors are in an LCD/LED.
One more thing which I came to know is, it's got inbuilt WiFi. So no need of an adapter :yahoo: (which seems is hard to get).
Hey I am interested in Buying this plasma. I am also from Pune. Which dealer is offering this TV for 69K ? Let me know I am interested in buying.

I just visited one of the dealers in Pune and he is ready to give it at Rs.69000 :yahoo:

Could you please share the dealer's details, PS51E550 is not available in Aundh Croma/Reliance Digital. Last weekend I visited Samsung Plaza in Sakal Ngr but no demo piece was there. I could only see one piece going out for delivery and price was Rs.78k. On flipkart, it is for Rs. 74499.

Thanks

Did anyone buy this finally - if yes, at what price ? How about reviews?

Samsung is offering 3 D Blu-Ray package worth 11k on this model(and some other) and will be delivered directly from the company at the billing address. Best price offered is from 74k to 78k(after recent hike this month).

Sorry for rambling about this in every post today..please check the warranty and if extended warranty is available or not.

I was told by the call center they offer 3 yr extended warranty for 12k for big TVs but only for LCDs and LEDs.

So if you do not get extended warranties on Plasma..it does not matter if you pay 65 or 70K...after one year..you are the mercy of god

All Tvs are prone to malfunction at some time or other . My 46inch LCD just died on me after 3 yrs.

Hence I keep repeating that one should add the AMC cost to TVs with 1 year warranty when comparing to cost of TVs with 3 year warranty

One Blore member has posted he got 51E550 for 71.5 including blu ray recently.

Panasonic UT50 not sure what the available price is.

Samsung officially does not give warranties.AMC on Plasma although I was told Reliance and such stores give some kind of warranty.

What does one think if one manufacturer is not confident enough to provide warranties when the other gives a 3 year warranty on Plasma and 1 year on its LED products...? 70-80K is not a trivial purchase and one needs some assurance. It is not uncommon for me to find out some panel defect or dead plasma post for Samsung Plasma; at the same time I hear callous attitude of Panasonic representatives.

I am confused.

Hello friends, It has been quite some time since I last posted here. I bought sammy 51E550 2 months back for 69.5K. for 1 month TV went very well by 1 fine day it stopped working. There was no sound and no video. I contacted samsung and they told me mthat the motherboard is gone and they will replace the same. After 5 days they told me that part is not available and they will replace the set. Again after 4 days they updated that the set is out of stock and I will be getting my money back. Cheque is under process and I will get my money refunded by next week.
Heart broken by my first plasma purchase, now I am going for LG476200 3D LED tv. I compared the image/screen quality/power consumption/features/price at Jumbo Electronics and decided to go for LG.Got a deal from 1 of my friends in LG. I am getting the set for 72k(MRP is 1.04k). It has some additional features like image upscaling, dual play and magic motion remote control. On top of that it is passive 3D so cost of 3D glasses is very less(4 pairs bundled with TV).
TV shall be delivered by tomorrow. Will keep u all updated.

Sushant

What to do...?

My Samsung too is out after 3 years and its not under any warranty. These things happen. Either we ignore them and hope we are not in that unfortunate bunch of folks who experience this or try and get additional warranty.

The funny thing about Samsung is that they 3 yrs AMC for LCD/LED for additional money but none for Plasma - not really sure what message they are to give out here

Guess it makes sense to go with Panasonic then. I am told by the brand shop that we can buy additional warranty over the 3 year warranty that comes with the unit.

Anyone with long term Panasonic experience here...?

I am not an affluent guy who can go on product hopping every couple of years. I have paid premium for things that were beyond reach because I was sure they were for life (relatively).

What does one think if one manufacturer is not confident enough to provide warranties when the other gives a 3 year warranty on Plasma and 1 year on its LED products...?
In the case of Panasonic, which I know of, it's not about confidence or whatever. They are providing 3 years warranty on Plasmas just to push Plasma sales.

In the case of Panasonic, which I know of, it's not about confidence or whatever. They are providing 3 years warranty on Plasmas just to push Plasma sales.

Yes I agree with this reason... and some dealers are unsure if the warranty still stands at 3 years, please check explicitly :indifferent14:

Back