Samsung PS51E550 Plasma Group Buy - Interest check

Same issue of durability of Plasmas and bad experience of more % of plasma users vs LED users make me scared of buying one... also someone was complaining of his new Plasma (Samsung E550) being too dull & then some others talking about heat. Is that too much a price to pay for a better PQ which as a end-user one might not be able to actually figure out? Especially when I am getting 25% discount on LG, Samsung LEDs (getting 46/47" LEDs for 68-70K that have list price of 95k)... For Plasmas, I get this discount only for LG which is not a leading brand in plasmas... for Panasonic, I will get same offers as everyone else... this is so confusing

Please count me out for the Hyderabad group buy. Apologies for asking to be included. I viewed performance on an active 3d tv recently, and decided that Active 3d is not for me.

Please count me out for the Hyderabad group buy. Apologies for asking to be included. I viewed performance on an active 3d tv recently, and decided that Active 3d is not for me.

I am no expert on 3D but I have seen both LG an Samsung models on demo. This is a novelty factor that you might watch once in a week or a month as both kinds of 3d displays will give you headaches. So your decision should not be based solely on 3D.

Could you elaborate, please, so that we can make an informed decision as well...?
Almost all large screen models, be it LED or Plasma, are 3D featured. So like it not, you will get 3D bundled. But watching 3D is one's own choice. In my view, you should buy 3D so that at least once in 6 months, you can have the novelty.

Almost all large screen models, be it LED or Plasma, are 3D featured. So like it not, you will get 3D bundled. But watching 3D is one's own choice. In my view, you should buy 3D so that at least once in 6 months, you can have the novelty.

Hahaha you guys call novelty for an idiotic 3d experience sorry if I harmed anyone but as of my experience with some of the 3d tv's as i own a ps51d550 and my friends in the town have other led and lcd 3d, each and everyone(including passive and active technology) i have tested with my wife including, no tv can give you breath taking experience.
All you can get is Headaching experiences.

So I call this an Head aching idiotic stupid Novelty you can have if you purchase a 3d tv

PS.Sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling here it's just my personal opinion.

Hahaha you guys call novelty for an idiotic 3d experience sorry if I harmed anyone but as of my experience with some of the 3d tv's as i own a ps51d550 and my friends in the town have other led and lcd 3d, each and everyone(including passive and active technology) i have tested with my wife including, no tv can give you breath taking experience.
All you can get is Headaching experiences.

So I call this an Head aching idiotic stupid Novelty you can have if you purchase a 3d tv

PS.Sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling here it's just my personal opinion.

I for one, am not taking any offence. :) What I meant was take the model, 3d or not, for its picture quality. If you like 3d, good. If you don't, then don't use it.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I for one, am not taking any offence. :) What I meant was take the model, 3d or not, for its picture quality. If you like 3d, good. If you don't, then don't use it.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for understanding cause my comment was a lil offensive for some but it's their taste who knows one like 3d a lot but the other doesn't (like me).
anyway the 3d feature is just a headachy bonus.

If you are saying the improved picture quality in plasma cannot be perceived by everyone and if you are getting great deals on LCD, what is the confusion?

Bro please dont take me wrong.. I am also one of many end-users who have only seen LCDs and CRTs at my place for years and came out to buy a new large screen LED from market. However when I saw Plasmas and with some discussions / suggestions from dealers, internet surfing and forums like this convinced me to buy a Plasma only. You have seen (and responded to) my posts regarding the same and I know you have been a LCD owner yourself. However when I read about the problems faced by some Plasma users (spider cracks etc) I got little hesitant and hence asked for advice from friends like yourself...

I have not used Plasma so cannot say if PQ difference is visible or not but almost everyone says this so it must be true... however its difficult for someone like me to make out the difference especially in bright showrooms...

Anyways bottom line is like you, I want the best TV for my buck with awesome PQ, better blacks, gr8 sound and features.... :licklips:

I just visited one of the dealers in Pune and he is ready to give it at Rs.69000 :yahoo:
That was just for an individual. If there is a group we may be able to get this further below.

Friend, can you please let me know the details of the dealer?

Another dealer told me that free HT is with 42XT50 and not 50XT50... can anyone confirm this? He said for 50" Plasma, HT is free with higher models only (ofcourse just4kix got it with his 50ST50)...

yeah..50K for a 50 inch plasma even if its 720p is really great. Are you sure?

can you also confirm if you remember seeing UT and ST models there and the prices please?

FYI - Another dealer told me that free HT is with 42XT50 and not 50XT50... can anyone confirm this? He said for 50" Plasma, HT is free with higher models only ...

Friend, can you please let me know the details of the dealer?
A long time has passed since I got that quote. I am not sure if they would honor it. You can try though.

Address:
Memorex Home Appliances Pvt Ltd
S No 176 Shop No 1/1b Laukit Apts, NR Shivaji Statue Next To Moviemax Video Library, Kothrud Depot, Pune - 411038
Ph: 020-25380922

This is right in front of Mahavir Electronics.

Am planning to go for the PS51E550. The other people who were interested in a group buy earlier, were rusnam, anil_quality and sunnymagic. Now atrociousity has also showed interest. Since we are getting a 3D BD player + 1 3D BD disc free, I think it's a good deal. The offer is valid only till 31st August. Samsung gives 1 year warranty and Bajaj Finance gives 1 year extended warranty for a nominal amount. I guess this is only for people who buy the TV through the finance scheme. For the 3rd year onwards we could go for Home Contents Insurance if a good policy is available at that time.

I checked out the 3D on PS51E550 at Samsung, Jubilee Hills. The guy showed 'The Immortals' by running an mkv file. 'The Immortals' was not filmed in 3D but post-converted, but the depth was amazing. It took some time for my eyes to get adjusted to the 3D images, but I guess it happens. I like 3D, hence this unnecessary paragraph. :)

Called up Samsung Plaza, Punjagutta. The guy whom I've been speaking to on a regular basis said, that if order is placed it would come in 4 days. I asked about group buy, and he asked me to come over directly to talk about it. Understandably he wouldn't reveal the final price over phone. :)

I have a doubt. After installing the TV on the wall, if we were to shift house, is it possible to call the Samsung guys to unmount and mount it in the new place?

Oh! So is the free blue ray player offer valid till 31st Aug only?

I've planned to buy this TV the next month during Ganesh festival. Hoping that there will be better offers during the festival season.

Friends from Pune, please let me know what is the best price you are being quoted recently for this TV? Are there some other members from Pune who are planning to buy this TV? May be, we can negotiate a better deal as group buy. I'm ready to buy this TV this month itself (with finance option) if good deal is on offer.

Back