Samsung PS51E550 Plasma Group Buy - Interest check

Hey Congrats ... is there a possibility for you to share the contact of this dealer ... as I was actually going to purchase a Pana P50ST50, but, because of the unavailability in Mumbai, I might go in for this model, for which the price u got is awesome ....

Maybe, I can perhaps pickup the piece in Pune, and have someone get it to me, or maybe they have some arrangements here itself ....

Update - Don't need the dealer contacts anymore ... Purchased the same Samsung E8000 for 83K, with 4 Glasses, Tab (exchange of 14K), and some 51 DVD Movie pack or something .... sweet ...

Will be positing pics of my complete setup, which includes the Denon 2113, Jamo 5.1, sub 260, WD Media Player ....

Thanks everyone for the help .. Cheers ...

Update - Don't need the dealer contacts anymore ... Purchased the same Samsung E8000 for 83K, with 4 Glasses, Tab (exchange of 14K), and some 51 DVD Movie pack or something .... sweet ...

Will be positing pics of my complete setup, which includes the Denon 2113, Jamo 5.1, sub 260, WD Media Player ....

That's great !! Congrats to you too...will be waiting for the pics and a review :)

Looks like there will be a "shortage" of the E8000 too :p

where did you buy Samsung E8000 for 83K in Mumbai ?

I was about to buy 51E550... So sad that they jacked up the price, I was expecting the price to go down to 70k in festive but it has gone up to 78k... Pls let me know if someone gets a better quote in NCR...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was about to buy 51E550... So sad that they jacked up the price, I was expecting the price to go down to 70k in festive but it has gone up to 78k... Pls let me know if someone gets a better quote in NCR...

Buy 51e8000 instead at 84k.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

That is too costly, dont want to spend more than 70k on a TV... Besides already have iPad 2 so no point in getting another tab... Would have gifted it to my sister but bought her new iPad in Sep for her bday... Will still check how much is it costed here in Delhi...

Looking at the price I sometimes feel my 3 years old Samsung LCD 32" is enough but I keep craving for a bigger TV for my PC gaming sessions (in 3D if my graphics card can push that much) :)

I read e550 has very less input lag so is good for gaming... How would it be on e8000?

That is too costly, dont want to spend more than 70k on a TV... Besides already have iPad 2 so no point in getting another tab... Would have gifted it to my sister but bought her new iPad in Sep for her bday... Will still check how much is it costed here in Delhi...

I read e550 has very less input lag so is good for gaming... How would it be on e8000?

You can always sell the tab online at a 10% discount. There will be takers.
E8000 is better than E550, anyday.

Checked with one retailer in Lajpat Nagar over phone. He had given a half page ad in paper few days back. Price is 95k for e8000 and he is ready to take back the tab in 10k. I asked him if he is joking - he said u will get it in 3 days directly from Samsung and even if I give it to him sealed, he wont be able to sell it - no input from Samsung so there cant be any output from his shop - whosoever buys it will not get full period warranty (so whatever is left since the day I got it). Felt he was fooling around - maybe nobody offered him such a deal.

Told him I'll buy the TV this weekend if he is willing to take back the tab by deducting couple of thousands around 17k. The TV would then be in my budget. He'll call me tomorrow morning.

If he takes it back in 15k and this TV costs me 80k, is it really worth it? With e550, I'll pay 2k less and also get 3D bluray player (although I dont have a home theatre yet, logitech 5.1 pc speakers are doing the job for me), isnt that a better deal? Is e8000 miles better than e550? Will buy home theatre whenever I feel the need. Bluray player will remain with me as an investment and can always watch occassional HD stuff.

I just feel taking a step up from 32 inch Samsung LCD Series 5 would itself be a big enough step and I'll still be overwhelmed to play my games on a big screen with good colors and possibly 3d.... Yummy Far Cry 3, AC3, JC2, NFS:MW and Alan Wake :)

Thats a lot of stuff I wrote there :)

Do let me know if there is any retailer who can offer the TV in 85k in NCR?

Last edited:
It's a series 8 plasma! I think you should go for it. It's not everyday that a flagship plasma's prices drop so much!
Even if you get the bluray player, blurays are expensive in India.
You can still check with other dealers to see if anyone can give it below 95K!

@cyberraj for some reason i cant find the thread where i asked you for the dealers contact details. anyways got it before it had disappeared so thanked you on this thread instead.
cheers

Although I have not seen e550 and e8000 side by side, based on tech specs alone, the series 8 plasma should be much much better than a series 5 plasma. Why did Samsung drop the price so much? This is a mystery right now. I do think that the 2k difference is worth paying but I would insist on a demo first. Secondly, the free 3D bdp with e550 is indeed a bonus but as stated above, discs are costly and if you do not have a collection, the player may not make difference to your lifestyle.

Jumbo at GIP, Noida offered discounting on both E550 and E8000. I was enquiring about it, extended warranty and all, and suddenly he said I'll give you a nice deal - I was not expecting that as they have been very cold on price earlier. He did not say how much but will give if I decide to buy asap. Apart from discount, offered to buy back tab for around 10k which I said was too low. He said he'll give appropriate discount and will make it worthwhile.

He even asked me to do my research on price at other shops and assured he can offer me best deal.

They were pushing me to go for E8000 saying it is a better TV despite my telling them that even 78k is high for me. Maybe they can offer me E8000 in that price. Seems like sales is not picking and they are getting panicky. E8000 is available on order only and will be delivered in 3-4 days - there was no unit on display. He had only 2-3 enquiries written in his notebook for E8000 and took down my no.

Checked audio from E550 - was pretty basic and low but should do ok for watching TV in home environment. A home theatre was blasting away nearby and he had to put it at 100% level to be able to hear it. Its a mirror, I was able to read everything in reflection - too bad, what were they thinking.

There was no extended warranty neither through Samsung nor Bajaj Finance.

I intend to visit again tomorrow for Skyfall :) If I go and get a good deal, might pay up. EMI option is good, no interest. But it has be around 78k for me to pick E8000.

Sorry guys, did not go today. I'm thinking of dropping the plan to buy right now.

However, I do feel that this 95k offer with Tab2 will be rolled back at the end of the offer in mid-Nov. So, anyone wishing to buy TV around 80k budget should do it now.

As someone mentioned in another thread, Tab2 is being taken back at 17k price which means E8000 at the price of E550 without bluray player but with 4 3D glasses. BTW, E8000 looks amazingly awesome.

Last edited:
Got a call from Jumbo today. I said I would like to have E8000 but my budget is around 70k only - not interested in that mirror E550 - it would be an hassle to switch off lights before watching it. He said you just come and we can work something out. He refused to discuss final cost over phone - said I would have to come and close the deal.

Maybe if I decide to go, will keep you guys informed.

Got a call from Jumbo today. I said I would like to have E8000 but my budget is around 70k only - not interested in that mirror E550 - it would be an hassle to switch off lights before watching it. He said you just come and we can work something out. He refused to discuss final cost over phone - said I would have to come and close the deal.

Maybe if I decide to go, will keep you guys informed.

Of you really liked the e8000, then as a last resort you can opt for true zero percent finance. 'Zero percent' means no processing fees, admin charges, etc. Some back credit cards allow that.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back