Samsung PS51E550 Plasma Group Buy - Interest check

Looks like prices have moved up this month. Not sure if it's true, the dealer, from whom I bought the TV, told me that there is a shortage of this model in the market. He had booked 5 peices when I bought my TV from him. That's why he still has 2 in stock (I think, one on display and one in box) and may be, that's why he is ready to sell it for less.

I do not think that HT offer exists on ST50 still. There is a printer offer instead. The ST50 is a great TV but do you really require it? It will be near 1L.

Yes. The Baner Road Pana guys told me that they will manage HT offer.

Yes what you say about ST50 is true. Except me rest all family members are ok with Samsung as well. So there is no great desire for ST50 as compared to the TV with Good HT.

So was thinking to go for 51E550 with HT E6750 & Key board.

Last edited:
First enjoy 3D with 2 glasses for few weeks then decide if you want to buy extra.
Not sure if it worth spending 6k on KBD1000, I think any 1k wireless keyboard should work with this TV Fog e.g. Microsoft Wireless Keyboard but doesn't have touch pad.

What you say is correct I also thought that extra glasses are not ro required as we see 3D for rarely. But Key board of Samsung is very useful only because of Touchpad and nothing else.

What you say is correct I also thought that extra glasses are not ro required as we see 3D for rarely. But Key board of Samsung is very useful only because of Touchpad and nothing else.

6k is MRP for KBD1000 but if he is offering good deal then I will also think about it.

E550 is 78K in Hyderabad. All Samsung Plazas are quoting this as the final price. 2 months back they were quoting 74K. Sigh!

instead of 78k for e550, one of fm bought e8000 for 83k which has panel like panasonic high end models.
I agree that e8000 at 83K is better bet than e550 at 78k. And logically an 8 Series should be better than 5 series, it is nevertheless advisable to do a demo and visual comparison.

Hello All,

Finally I booked 51E8000 on 20th Oct i.e. Saturday and got delivery on the same day.
Yesterday(24th Evening) Samsung Engineer installed the TV.
Till now I am very happy with the quality and yet to receive the AirTel HD Box hence put it on the Tatasky normal SD.

Will update you soon for further experience.

Bye the Way : In next 10 days will receive the Samsung TAB 2 P310 which dealer is ready to take back at Rs14K.
If any buddy one is interested please let me know as the Selling price is Rs19,200.

Hello All,

Finally I booked 51E8000 on 20th Oct i.e. Saturday and got delivery on the same day.
Till now I am very happy with the quality and yet to receive the AirTel HD Box hence put it on the Tatasky normal SD.

Bye the Way : In next 10 days will receive the Samsung TAB 2 P310 which dealer is ready to take back at Rs14K.
If any buddy one is interested please let me know as the Selling price is Rs19,200.

Congratulations !! Do post some pics.

By the way, how much did the E8000 set you back ??

Also, did you demo the E550 and E8000 together (I know it's a silly question) but how much does the picture quality differ ?

Congratulations !! Do post some pics.

By the way, how much did the E8000 set you back ??

Also, did you demo the E550 and E8000 together (I know it's a silly question) but how much does the picture quality differ ?

Thank you.

Yes I have seen 51E550 and 51E8000 side by side in the showroom.
To be precise I have not found difference which is some thing great it was just better, but the E8000 has anti-glair glass which is way better than the E550 hence in the high natural light E8000 was considerably better than the E550.

I have purchsed this from one of my friend who is distributor for Home Theatre systems in Pune who helped me to get this at Rs83000

Thank you.

To be precise I have not found difference which is some thing great it was just better, but the E8000 has anti-glair glass which is way better than the E550 hence in the high natural light E8000 was considerably better than the E550.

I have purchsed this from one of my friend who is distributor for Home Theatre systems in Pune who helped me to get this at Rs83000

That's a very good deal...makes sense to go for the E8000...how's the SD content and how big is your room ?

Thank you.

Congratulations!

Wow! That's really great price for E8000. Plus when you consider the guarnteed buyback price of 14K for the tab, your effective price becomes 69K!

Please post some pictures.

Wish, I had waited a couple of months more and bought E8000 :)

That's a very good deal...makes sense to go for the E8000...how's the SD content and how big is your room ?

SD content is not so good but better than LED/LCD for similar screen size. However we all know TATA Sky is not good for SD channels as they do lot more compression for SD hence will be switching AirTel connection as they do have MPEG-4 codec for better compression efficiency and DVB-S2 Hardware to improve the transmission efficiency.
So I will update you in next 3 days for the same as soon I will plug the AirTel.

My room size is such that Viwers are at 11 to 14 Feet Distance.

Congratulations!

Wow! That's really great price for E8000. Plus when you consider the guarnteed buyback price of 14K for the tab, your effective price becomes 69K!

Please post some pictures.

Wish, I had waited a couple of months more and bought E8000 :)

Hi Curious,
I will post the pictures on coming weekend.

Hello All,

Heartiest congratulations. Great deal.

SD content is not so good but better than LED/LCD for similar screen size. However we all know TATA Sky is not good for SD channels as they do lot more compression for SD hence will be switching AirTel connection as they do have MPEG-4 codec for better compression efficiency and DVB-S2 Hardware to improve the transmission efficiency.
So I will update you in next 3 days for the same as soon I will plug the AirTel.

My room size is such that Viwers are at 11 to 14 Feet Distance.

Do not jump to switch. Wait for a few months (say 3-6). TS is using MPEG4 also partially. It is quite possible that they will switch to MPEG4 all the way. Meanwhile with the GSAT-10 launch, TS will get 11 new transponders that will help TS in launching new channels, especially in HD. If things do not happen in the specified time frame, you can always switch.

Hi Curious,
I will post the pictures on coming weekend.

Hey Congrats ... is there a possibility for you to share the contact of this dealer ... as I was actually going to purchase a Pana P50ST50, but, because of the unavailability in Mumbai, I might go in for this model, for which the price u got is awesome ....

Maybe, I can perhaps pickup the piece in Pune, and have someone get it to me, or maybe they have some arrangements here itself ....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back