Samsung PS51E550 Plasma Group Buy - Interest check

ontherocks

This is an interest check thread for Samsung PS51E550 Plasma Group Buy

I just visited one of the dealers in Pune and he is ready to give it at Rs.69000 :yahoo:
That was just for an individual. If there is a group we may be able to get this further below.

Remember, Rs.69000 is an excellent price in Pune, considering 4% Octroi and 12.5% VAT as compared to No Octroi & 5% VAT in Delhi.

Anyone interested?

If you want a demo of this TV you could visit Samsung Plaza at

10 Millennium Star,
Near Ruby Hall,
Dhole Patil Road,
Pune - 411001

It's put up for display there. It's a fantastic TV. The colors are so natural, just like in CRTs. You can clearly see comparing it side by side to the LCDs/LEDs there, how unnatural & artificial colors are in an LCD/LED.
One more thing which I came to know is, it's got inbuilt WiFi. So no need of an adapter :yahoo: (which seems is hard to get).

Last edited:
I'm in for one if you can arrange the same in Gurgaon/Delhi.
Maybe someone can start a Group buy for Delhi NCR.

Regards :)

Thanks friend for this initiative. I "may be" interested. Let me go through the specs and reviews of the TV and check my budget. I'll confirm once I'm done doing all this.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in Hyderabad for a group buy? Please respond here. 2 of us are planning to buy this month! :) 74K is the current price at Samsung Plaza.

This is an interest check thread for Samsung PS51E550 Plasma Group Buy

PS50B550 was a GREAT TV in its time. I wonder how good this new one will be after 3 years of innovation.

BTW, If you are able to find PS51D550 ~50k, pick that up instead. :)

PS51D550 available for 50K anywhere? I think stocks are hard to find.. and @ontherocks , you confirmed the built-in wifi? if it is really there, it would be awesome

Anyone interested in Hyderabad for a group buy? Please respond here. 2 of us are planning to buy this month! :) 74K is the current price at Samsung Plaza.
Do not buy at Samsung Plazas. They are regular dealers with a tie up with a single brand (here Samsung). They are bound by company rules to sell at a certain price (non negotiable). So that's the best price you will get at any Samsung Plaza.
On the other hand, other dealers are free to sell at any price they want, taking into consideration how much profit/loss they can handle. Obviously, there is a limit to that too, since that would hamper the sales of Plazas. So if the company comes to know of any such "too low priced" sale, they could take action against that dealer.

I m interested in 51E550 or 51D550 group buy in Hyderabad,
Do let me know, but i think 74k is OP.. and that Samsung jerk wont even tell me the MRP...
Anyone know the MRP on this 51e550

I m interested in 51E550 or 51D550 group buy in Hyderabad,
Do let me know, but i think 74k is OP.. and that Samsung jerk wont even tell me the MRP...
Anyone know the MRP on this 51e550
MRP is 86K.
Samsung Plazas I inquired did not have any document that mentions the MRP.
What it mentions is the SRP. That may be the reason he wasn't able to tell you.

Folks,

I am also interested in a group deal in Hyd. I called up Samsung Plaza in Banjara hills and he said this model is not available yet. Checked with a few others and no one had the model. Called up Bajaj electronics and he said he has the model but quoted 73K. I called him after a day to confirm the model as others didnt have it and he said it is sold out. I asked specifically if it was D550 or E550 and he wasnt sure. Asked me to call back in a couple of days as new stock was coming. Will be worthwhile to check for Prices of Both D550 and E550. For a small price difference, E550 surely wins given less glare and smart internet options but if the price diff is a bit then D550 may not be a bad option. As always Hyd rates are way higher than in other cities. Hope we can get somethign better with a bulk deal.

-Puneet

Okay. That's 4 of us interested in e550 group buy in hyderabad :)
Sammydude, rusnam, anil_quality and sunnymagic.

For group buy, how much will they reduce from 74k? Anyone has an idea? :)

Hi,

Flipkart had this for a while but it was Out of Stock. Letsbuy lists it at 78K with 8-10 days of expected delivery time.

I agree that Panasonic is worth considering when it comes to Plasmas. Infact I was looking around for Panasonic models as well. The one you shared (50ST50)might be quite expensive. Any idea of its entry price? The one I looked at was this (50ST30) - VIERA TH-P50ST30D | Panasonic

This also is full HD and 3D and that itself is quoted more than 1 L at most places. So am sure this new series would probably be way more expensive.

That left Samsung as a very good option.

-Puneet

Did you happen to check the ST50 series? u ll go nuts.. this will be arriving in india in 2nd week of May

wow, I hope Panasonic has better distribution of Plasma TV than Samsung Plasmas. The Samsung 51E550 is still not available here in Trivandrum and since I have waited this long wouldn't mind waiting for the Panasonic ST50.

Hi guys,
I checked with a couple of dealers today,
ST50 series is still not available.
TMC is offering 42ST30 for 69k... you think its a good deal? MRP is 82900

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back