ST50 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Tweaks, etc.

Re: Panasonic PxxST50 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Tweaks, etc.

Pixel orbitor is not disabled in this mode I think.
I used to use normal mode earlier. But I saw a considerable difference when watching youtube. The images were more sharper.
Yesterday I reduced the brightness from -5 to -6 taking a dark scene from the movie Legion.
In 24fps the images became more sweeter.
Brightness is the killer of PQ in a plasma.

The colour rendition of the samsung plasma ps51f5500 is much better than the st50....even the clarity and brightness is better than the st50

The colour rendition of the samsung plasma ps51f5500 is much better than the st50....even the clarity and brightness is better than the st50

For that matter, even the f4900 is far far superior to st50.

My st50 still going great guns. .

Someone I know, has faced a panel issue and chasing Panasonic since October.
Now after escalating to MD, he was offered:
1. Wait for 25 days for panel replacement. Get standby TV for that time
2. Get 50DT60 as replacement instead of the plasma. Earlier he was asked to pay extra money for this option. Now no money.

if you love the PQ and can wait given that the MD has given the time frame, get the Panel. DT is good but will not match the ST series in PQ

Hmm. With panasonic stopping production of plasmas, I stopped extolling and suggesting plasmas.

Someone I know, has faced a panel issue and chasing Panasonic since October.
Now after escalating to MD, he was offered:
1. Wait for 25 days for panel replacement. Get standby TV for that time
2. Get 50DT60 as replacement instead of the plasma. Earlier he was asked to pay extra money for this option. Now no money.

Do you know the email of that MD, I gotta get my replacement too. I've been waiting for a long time now.

I don't know Manish Kumar but there's a Manish Sharma who claims to be the MD of Panasonic India. I twitted to Manish Sharma, Panasonic India, Sarthak Seth, Daizo Ito, etc. and got response within few hours from their customer care and BSI or something in my area saying that they're looking into this and will let me know by Jan 2. They also told me not to email Manish Sharma anymore and can talk to them directly. This has never happened before, I never got a call from Panasonic as I always thought Panasonic didn't give them these allowances. They also came this afternoon and had the A-Board changed but the problem persists and now picture fades in 3D.

I also got an email from Amit Singh of Customer Support saying that they're sorry and you know how they copy paste craps. I also responded in kind.

Hello Mr Amit, thanks a lot for emailing me. The A-Board has been replaced today but the problem persists. Moreover, the picture is fading now in 3D mode which didn't happen before. So the problem is not in the A-Board and neither there's a problem with the Settings. It's the panel.

Sorry, if I've used harsh words on Twitter or anywhere but you've to understand my situation. I was just moved by the quality of service Panasonic provides in my area or in India. I placed the complain within few days of purchasing the TV (4 July 2013) and it took multiple visits and rigorous checking by your incompetent labours you call "engineers". It took them 3-months to come to this conclusion that the problem lies in the TV and not in my vision. Thank God it didn't take them a year. But still I didn't get any replacement.

I bought the 42XT50D (2012 model) on 12 June 2013 as I couldn't find any 2013 3D plasma model in my area, not even at Panasonic Brandshop.

I was told that I can choose other models as XT50D is 2012 model and it's been discontinued so company can't provide replacement of the same. So I opted for 50ST60D as replacement and I agreed to pay the difference, but to no avail. I've been hearing this "Not Available, Expected Shipping" crap for a long time now. My other friends in other parts of India received DT60D, ST60D as replacement within 1-month but Panasonic couldn't find me one. So now I'm hoping that I will be getting my replacement or I will be getting a refund so I can get something from Samsung. They don't make anything like Panasonic ST60 but they don't let their customers down, at least not in my area.

I don't know if I wasted my time writing this email to you as it says "Customer Care" under your name which doesn't mean shit to anyone as I've talked to Customer Care a 100 times and still get nothing. If that's the case, forward this email to Manish Sharma or Sarthak Seth or Daizo Ito whoever can take care of this mess.

Unwillingly thanking you,

Seems like I should've done this a long time back. They're coming tomorrow at my place to check the problem and then if they find the problem then offer replacement.

The issue goes on and on, i remember telling you couple of months back to escalate otherwise you will end up in 2014, hope your issue gets solved now.

Congratulations.

To check usage hours you should do a web search on this forum. Anyway to do so, on Panasonic plasma (any model):

• Go to the TV and on the side panel press {-} key and keep it pressed.
  • While {-} is pressed, press and release {INFO} on remote 3 times
  • Screen will show message "Starting Adjustment Menu"
  • Once menu is displayed, press {2} on remote two times
  • Press {OK} on remote
  • Screen will display "Srv Tool"
  • Using {ARROW} keys on remote, go to the row/cell that displays "PICT 00:00:00 0000"
  • Using the right arrow on remote go to the empty cell on the RHS
  • Press and hold {MUTE} key for 2-3 seconds until the blank cell displays values in the format "HH:MM:SS NNNNNN"
  • The first figure is the time the TV panel was powered ON and the second figure is the number of times the TV was switched on.

>>>

Re. my TX-P42GT50, navigated through the list above to check usage.
Welcome relief : usage is 23 minutes & number of times switched on is 2.
I had demoed this set yesterday 28th Jan.

:)

One query : How to zoom in on those channels from my remote, which have a letterbox format?

Regards
issigonis

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back